FTA-TV Falcon and the Winter Soldier

I've been very lukewarm about this show but that episode was amazing.

Writing was really tight, contrasting and overlapping motivation for all the characters weaved together really nicely. Complete step up from previous episodes and probably my favourite out of both Wandavision and TFAWS episodes so far.

Themes of good people motivated to do bad things, and ends justifying the means really came to the surface.

Russell is doing a great job as Walker. The temptations of PEDs to get the job done, and the effects on drugs/roids in general.

The Wakandans rocking up was awesome. Loved it.

Then the buildup and final scene with the blood on the shield.... 😯

*chef kiss*

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Sensational second half to that episode.

The opening scene was great, any moments of revisiting Wakanda is a winner in my eyes. Great to see more of Bucky’s recovery there.

Absolutely love the little usages of Ludwig Göransson’s music. Great homage to the Black Panther score. Especially the Dora Milaje theme, where he recorded women from a Senegalese tribe dancing in victory. So good.

The Dora handing Walker’s ass to him was the highlight for me. They just take any s**t.

The closing scene was brutal, with a bloodied shield. Aside from the obvious that it would never have happened with Steve, it was also a great callback to Black Panther.

Where T’Challa had the chance to kill Klaue in Korea, but didn’t do so when he was told the world is watching by Okoye/Nakia (with many bystanders recording on their phone). Great stuff.

Great summary posts guys.

The episode was so tightly woven. Attention to detail second to none. Loved the wakandians kicking arse. Wanted to see Walker dead. But obviously won’t happen. Understandably mad when his mate died. And nodded when he kept out.

His descent into madness was a hit to watch. The sight of his two fans watching in shock was foreshadowed earlier as they asked for his autograph.

The final scene was odd. Everyone standing and watching without a word being said.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Great summary posts guys.

The episode was so tightly woven. Attention to detail second to none. Loved the wakandians kicking arse. Wanted to see Walker dead. But obviously won’t happen. Understandably mad when his mate died. And nodded when he kept out.

His descent into madness was a hit to watch. The sight of his two fans watching in shock was foreshadowed earlier as they asked for his autograph.

The final scene was odd. Everyone standing and watching without a word being said.

Didn't even realise it was the same two fans amongst the crowd until you pointed it out, thank you. Will rewatch tomorrow. I was probably still too distracted and giggling with glee from the Dora fight scene to notice that.

Didn't even realise it was the same two fans amongst the crowd until you pointed it out, thank you. Will rewatch tomorrow. I was probably still too distracted and giggling with glee from the Dora fight scene to notice that.

Love the Dora!! They’re bad asses

Whilst I felt that knowing it's 6 eps and what they need to tie up made that ep kind of predictable, it was just so very well written, shot and acted to bother.

Fleshing out the "line" between characters just that little bit more, effectively getting rid of both the anchor to Walker and the "crux" given lines just points to Bucky cap, which is yay.

The Dora Milaje kicking arse in CQC was smick, as was Zemo's houdini, it was just a well done episode in general, though I do wonder how the flag smashers pout two and two together re Sam so quickly, but hey, Google exists and he is celebrity so why not.

077b4006151044b6a1447d441ddd6fe7ada110dd.jpg

Won't get this image out of my head for a while. Was reasonably dark for Marvel.

Love it.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
077b4006151044b6a1447d441ddd6fe7ada110dd.jpg

Won't get this image out of my head for a while. Was reasonably dark for Marvel.

Love it.

It just occurred to me how similar that scene was to the end of Civil War, where (the real) Cap and Iron Man are essentially in the same position. However he was able to demonstrate mercy.

I doubt that imagery is a coincidence in addition to the Klaue/T’Challa scene I mentioned earlier (where Klaue literally says “mercy King, mercy” in a mocking tone to ensure that’s captured on camera).

He took it and placed it in his compartment. But we didnt see him drink it. ALthough it was alluded to in his conversation with battlestar.
I mean... he pretty clearly took it.

Back