FTA-TV Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably in the range of one of the worse MCU movies, like Hulk or Thor 2 territory.

Hopefully their next movie is a return to form.
It's a series. Did you only watch one episode?

I enjoyed it, but this feels more like a movie setup, getting Falcon to Captain America and Bucky emotionally stable, so that doesn't have to be dealt with on the big screen. Wandavision felt much more a self-contained series, even if it does have the usual MCU setups / crossovers for other stuff scattered throughout.

Overall it was OK. Wasn't great by any means - and certainly nowhere near WandaVision as a series - but it wasn't terrible either.

Looking forward to Loki now.
Yeah thought the same. Solid but no more.

Had a bit of a network TV feel at times and to be honest I cringed at some moments like his long winded spiel to the senator at the end.

The super soldier plot has been done to death.

I think it would have benefited from having a clear antagonist from start to finish. Zemo was fun but a bit of a red herring, Carly was all over the place and Georges was like a B side villain from a Segal movie.

And pretty much all of the characters ended up where they were at the start (Sam has the shield, he and Bucky are pals, Zemo’s in prison), so if there’s a movie followup the series will probably be inconsequential.

Wandavision was a lot better. Hopefully Loki sets things straight again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back