Multiplat Fallout 4

Remove this Banner Ad

PS5 version looks nice, feels like an upgrade.

I forgot how tough these games can be early on, especially the lack of ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah I died heaps of times early on

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

First glitch about 10 hours in on xbox. This is me holding a Penetrating chinese grenade launcher rifle
8c031b49227cdcac1006aa2bb0fbdfd9.jpg

Game Pass yes. PS Plus actually may be available on Extra soon.

According to this Bethesda are working with Sony to hopefully sort it out. It isn't uncommon for Plus licences not to be eligible for upgrades but the way I read this is Bethesda assumed it would be available for Plus Extra subscribers.

I originally bought the Game of the Year disc edition on PS4. When I bough a PS5 it was the hard drive only with no disc drive so when I saw it was free in the PS+ Classics Catalogue (back when it was a thing) I got the digital download. All the DLC that came with the GOTY disc edition was good to go as well, which was great.

I've now tried to find the upgrade but no joy for a PS5 version. My PS4 game still had a 9GB update though, and I was able to get several freebies off the creation club, including the virtual reality suite and the enclave armour and stuff.

So Fallout PS4 owners still get a bag of goodies, just not PS5 level visuals.

I originally bought the Game of the Year disc edition on PS4. When I bough a PS5 it was the hard drive only with no disc drive so when I saw it was free in the PS+ Classics Catalogue (back when it was a thing) I got the digital download. All the DLC that came with the GOTY disc edition was good to go as well, which was great.

I've now tried to find the upgrade but no joy for a PS5 version. My PS4 game still had a 9GB update though, and I was able to get several freebies off the creation club, including the virtual reality suite and the enclave armour and stuff.

So Fallout PS4 owners still get a bag of goodies, just not PS5 level visuals.

If you have Extra then the upgrade should hopefully be available soon. It looks like even Bethesda were unsure about the Plus licensing stuff but the intention was for the upgrade to be available for Extra subs but not Essential.

I’m not very experienced with these games, should I be picking up everything I see? Surely there’s no use for a coffee mug or glasses later on?

It depends if you decide you want to get into settlement building or not. If so pick up bits and pieces but don't go crazy. When you transfer your junk to your settlement workshops it can be broken down for materials and you'll start to get to know what breaks down to what. For example I'm picking up ashtrays and coffee cups at the moment because I need the ceramic for lighting and power stuff and anything that is glass for all my windows. I'm also grabbing the odd desk fan for copper and gears, and I'm grabbing things that break down to cork for armour mods.

Every now and then I'll go purely on supply runs where I load myself and my companion with just junk for building.

I’m not very experienced with these games, should I be picking up everything I see? Surely there’s no use for a coffee mug or glasses later on?

Loot. Loot. Loot. Even if you don't break down everything for crafting materials you can still sell junk for caps.

If you have Extra then the upgrade should hopefully be available soon. It looks like even Bethesda were unsure about the Plus licensing stuff but the intention was for the upgrade to be available for Extra subs but not Essential.

Wait, so I'm not even playing the next gen update on ps5? Thought I must be as the download was double it was showing as ps4 the other day. Would it say ps5 on it or ps4 still?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is so much better than I remember, the first time I played this I mainlined the story to quickly and got towards the end way under levelled.

I’m going a bit slower this time and it’s much more enjoyable, lots of interesting characters and locations.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Probably for the better as the new version is breaking mods all over apparently

Been fairly decent for me but I only have about 4 mods running. Nothing graphical, awaiting some updates on the PS4 ones to make the wasteland a bit more green.
One crash total and only once it stuttered for a few seconds.

Forgot how good this game is

After so many years places and characters pop up that I forgotten about

Just finished going inside Kellogs mind/memories

Last edited:
I’ve been playing Fallout 3 the last few days on XBOX Cloud Gaming. First time and really enjoying it, until a glitch deleted a bunch of my saves lol. Fortunately I was right at the end of the game (second last quest) and just watching the rest of the story online. My game booted me and the last save I have is from about 3 hours earlier, even thought I had saved regularly and even about 10 minutes earlier. Yeah, screw doing all that over again. 😂

Going to move onto New Vegas soon, another Fallout game I’ve never played. Xbox Cloud Gaming is awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back