family day?

Remove this Banner Ad

iron mike

Debutant
Dec 14, 2000
zimbabwe
hi there

can anyone confirm if there is a family day on at arden street tonight?

i cant believe the lack of publicity!

your help is muc appreciated.

Certainly is Iron Mike.

The boys are training first, probably as I write this post and the family day goes from 4:30pm to 7:30pm.

thanks malibu

but i cant believe the lack of publicity

our club definitely needs some lessons on promoting events!

do you think many people will go malibu?

I'll be there!!

Leaving work at about 4.30 - be there about 5.00!!!

Keep an eye out for a guy with a 99 Premiers polo top, fawn pants and a goatee - come and say hi!!

Cheers

Gonzo

Yep, I'll be there at about 4:30. I think they'll get a quarter of what they get from when they used to hold it on a Sunday.

I don't know how many that equates to though, I'm guessing 1000 people would be an inflated figure.

I agree about the lack of publicity, I had a grumble about it on the official Roos forum in hope that someone from the club will read it.

with the BEWARE campaign

and a need to attract new members,

we dont seem to be doing much to attract crowds.

who do they think we are? the bombers?

we dont have a guaranteed 30000 members like they do!

if this is the way the sydney thing was run, no wonder it failed!

Spidey,

I looked for the footy **** blonde hair after the jumper presentation but couldn't find you. I had the photos for ya too!

Ricky was standing behind us in the group photo and offered to put 35eye up on his shoulders.

Fearing for her life, 35eye politely declined.

ahhh damn i woulda killed youz hahaha!
yeh we left after we got a photo of Ricky being presented on stage.
Did youz see all the new photos i got mine signed by Ricky!
Was a fukin better family day than the
sh!tworthy Pies and Essendon ones that we went to yesterday i tell ya!

sPiDeR eVeRiTt and RiCkY oLaReNsHaW
~kewlest players round!!!

[This message has been edited by Spidergirl~RiCkChiCk (edited 19 March 2001).]

Originally posted by Malibu:
Ricky was standing behind us in the group photo and offered to put 35eye up on his shoulders.
Fearing for her life, 35eye politely declined.

I'm still getting over that one. Luckily Ricky found a child to hold up after I rejected his kind offer.

Just a case of the wrong blonde in the right place at the right time, I suppose.

Where exactly were you btw?

I would have happily stepped aside for you to jump on Ricky.

aww lol very kind of u!

um well we were up the bak hopefully not in the photo coz i dont think its wise for me to be seen in the media again with yet another team! I was holding bak my mate from ripping shannons shorts off lol! ay how typical was it of Calthorpe not to be up there hahhahha!

sPiDeR eVeRiTt and RiCkY oLaReNsHaW
~kewlest players round!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One paper said 7500 and the other said 2000
confused.gif

My guess was that it was somewhere in between!

Keka did a great job as MC, Denis and Andrew Carter spoke well, kudos to all those who forked out for the signed t shirts (I was standing next to a guy that bought 2!) Duck's went for $750 BTW
Good to see Tim Rogers wandering about as well - putting his money where his mouth is!

One last thing I woke this morning to reports that a couple of North guys had bought back the shares from Carlton - just a pity it wasn't released to the crowd last night as it would have got a huge reaction!!!

Cheers

Gonzo

[This message has been edited by Gonzo (edited 20 March 2001).]

7500... on a monday afternoon and no publicity...

Shite imagine if they had of promoted it better and had it on a Saturday afternoon... someone would have died in the crush... Iron Mike wake up to yourself... if you are a member you would have been advised a couple of weeks ago...

Originally posted by Gonzo:
confused.gif

My guess was that it was somewhere in between!

Keka did a great job as MC, Denis and Andrew Carter spoke well, kudos to all those who forked out for the signed t shirts (I was standing next to a guy that bought 2!) Duck's went for $750 BTW
2001).]

Hey, Gonzo, I was standing right in front of that guy with the big MO too! I was with 3 other girlies.

I turned around at looked at the MO guy when they were auctioning Duck's t-shirt, hoping that he'd put in a $1000 bid.

Originally posted by Malibu:
Hey, Gonzo, I was standing right in front of that guy with the big MO too! I was with 3 other girlies.

I turned around at looked at the MO guy when they were auctioning Duck's t-shirt, hoping that he'd put in a $1000 bid.

Mal - you had a prime possy when the guys came up into the crowd then!
wink.gif

PS he wasn't happy when he thought he had to pay $250 rather than $200 eh?

Cheers

Gonzo

Yeah, I was stepping on Simmo's toes, I had Bomber Hilton on one side and Boomer on the other and I think the other 2 Corey's were near me too.

Yeah, that guy kept on saying "I said $200, I said $200 !" hehehehe

Originally posted by Rooboy 96:
7500... on a monday afternoon and no publicity...

Shite imagine if they had of promoted it better and had it on a Saturday afternoon... someone would have died in the crush... Iron Mike wake up to yourself... if you are a member you would have been advised a couple of weeks ago...

hey rooboy

of course i am a member.

i have been so for many years.

but i work too.

and if i had been given notice even on the frontpage of this website, i could have arranged for some time off.

but i am rapt so many fans showed up. i am also rapt that someone reported the club is approaching 20000 members!

No notice here either Rooboy, only from you guys on this board.
I think the 2000 figure was more realistic, after all the grounds not that big

Originally posted by Gonzo:
confused.gif

Keka did a great job as MC, Denis and Andrew Carter spoke well, kudos to all those who forked out for the signed t shirts (I was standing next to a guy that bought 2!)

...now I'm here... beep beep

Duck's went for $750 BTW
Good to see Tim Rogers wandering about as well - putting his money where his mouth is!

...that's the spirit

One last thing I woke this morning to reports that a couple of North guys had bought back the shares from Carlton - just a pity it wasn't released to the crowd last night as it would have got a huge reaction!!!

...100% North ....now we can get some sleep
beep beep

...Run Riot Roos 2001

Cheers

the MO guy...aka Woodson

[This message has been edited by Gonzo (edited 20 March 2001).]

I turned around at looked at the MO guy (Woodson) when they were auctioning Duck's
t-shirt, hoping that he'd put in a $1000 bid.

....can't trust Keka, he stung me twice !!
Nevermind, I have one to be framed with most of the senior squad's autograph's minus Jess Sinclair, Petrie, Pratt and Simmo (doh !!)
while the other has front & back autographs
which will be handy when I wash my car.

Run Riot Roos 2001
'the MO guy' aka Woodson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back