Family days (East meets West and Family fun day at Whitten Oval)

Remove this Banner Ad

East West Day is a good event for the kids - signings etc. Not much in it for the adult supporter, unless they bring back some proper training. Family Fun Day, however, lists some open training as an early morning activity.

East West Day is a good event for the kids - signings etc. Not much in it for the adult supporter, unless they bring back some proper training. Family Fun Day, however, lists some open training as an early morning activity.

Sadly over the last couple of years these events have turned into mere little kid's days. As both of my lads are over 6'2"plus now, these events have lost any relevance/interest at all. Sad actually, as I used to really enjoy these events, but I am unlikely to bother with them again, unless/until the Club goes back to broadening their target audience, so as to include something for the adult members whose kids have long since outgrown handball clinics, and autograph hunting, and face painting. Training sessions, a WB v Footscray scratch match, and the coach introducing, and discussing the new players, plus a bit of preseason crystal ball gazing, would all significantly broaden the interest in, and appeal of these events.

East West Day Eastdog’s Summary

Not much to report. Bought a raffle ticket at the start but didn’t win anything in the end (5 Christmas hampers for 5 lucky winners who entered). Mainly was just milling around for a while they had a sausage sizzle going so got one and the AFLW premiership cup was on display and also a merchandise tent and WB tent for the kids. Signed up to the East West club as well.

The players (Hayden Crozier, Josh Schache, Brad Lynch, Josh Dunkley, Toby McLean and Caleb Daniel come in around 1pm for the kids clinic and then they took autographs. Liked that Dunks signed my footy with the number 20 as the footy I had was a Bulldogs premiership 2016 footy.

Improvements: Keep the kids clinic but make it more appealing to the adult supporters. I wish they had a open training session with the whole team like the did a number of years ago old school East/West days.

The Bulldog family fun day next week at Whitten Oval seems like it will have more going on open training sesssion etc.

Last edited:
East West Day Eastdog’s Summary

Not much to report. Bought a raffle ticket at the start but didn’t win anything in the end (5 Christmas hampers for 5 lucky winners who entered). Mainly was just milling around for a while they had a sausage sizzle going so got one and the AFLW premiership cup was on display and also a merchandise tent and WB tent for the kids. Signed up to the East West club as well.

The players (Hayden Crozier, Josh Schache, Brad Lynch, Josh Dunkley, Toby McLean and Caleb Daniel come in around 1pm for the kids clinic and then they took autographs. Liked that Dunks signed my footy with the number 20 as the footy I had was a Bulldogs premiership 2016 footy.

Improvements: Keep the kids clinic but make it more appealing to the adult supporters. I wish they had a open training session with the whole team like the did a number of years ago old school East/West days.

The Bulldog family fun day next week at Whitten Oval seems like it will have more going on open training sesssion etc.

I concur. It's a kids day and a chance to flog a few memberships and a bit of merch. The group puts in a lot of effort so it'd be good if the club could reciprocate more with an open training session. The boys that did turn up were great though with the kids so big ups to them. Dunks is a superstar of a fella.

Anyone go to the family day?

I went out to Footscray Whitten Oval today but missed the training session as I came in later. Listened to Bevo and Wood speak so came in time for that and got some autographs.

Some photos I took of the great ground including the Whitten statue outside:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back