Family Holidays | BigFooty

Family Holidays

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by rdhopkins2, Aug 26, 2018.

1. rdhopkins2

rdhopkins2 Carpe Diem

Hawthorn
    Other Teams:
    Box Hill Hawks
    Hi BF Travel Crew,

My partner and I are looking for a (as cheap as possible) holiday to somewhere warm. It must be a family friendly place with a pool and preferably beach. The kids when we travel would be 6 & 1.

Have been thinking Bali, Fiji, Gold Coast or Hamilton Island or something along those lines.

Anyone have any suggestions for 7-10 days please? Probably around October 2019.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Premiership Player

Melbourne
    Everyone knocks Bali, but it's popular for a reason. For the kind of trip you describe, it's hands down the best value going. Thailand or even Vietnam are other options.

Fiji is lovely but you can spend a lot of money getting there. I really like the Whitsundays, but if all you want is a resort on the beach then you'll spend a lot less money elsewhere.

Personally I hate the Gold Coast, would only go there if you were particularly keen on theme parks.

rdhopkins2 likes this.
  3. wadistance

wadistance Premiership Player

West Coast
    Other Teams:
    BvB, Boston Celtics
    Noosa. But that’s $$$

How about Cable Beach Club in Broome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Matty_G

Matty_G Team Captain

Collingwood
    We're in a similar situation and have considered a number of those. In the end we're going to Hawaii next year, despite it costing about double your Bali or Phuket trip.

Main reason being the missus is paranoid about our young kids getting 'Bali belly'. Plus I must admit, I've seen how the locals in Bali & Thailand, as friendly as they usually are, fuss over and get excited over young, blonde, white kids. Reckon it would make it harder to relax when out and about. First world problem, I know.

5. jason pm

jason pm Brownlow Medallist

Brisbane Lions
    Other Teams:
    Fortitude Valley Diehards
    Hastings Point/Pottsville area Northern NSW is great for families with young children.
    upload_2018-8-28_9-31-21.jpeg

rdhopkins2 likes this.
  6. rdhopkins2

rdhopkins2 Carpe Diem

Hawthorn
    Other Teams:
    Box Hill Hawks
    We love Hawaii but well beyond our budget.
    You should have a look at resorts in Nusa Dua in Bali. Great if you are happy to flop and drop and not fussed about experiencing local sights or culture.

Personally I like to be more culturally immersed but with a partner who doesn’t I can see us ending up at something like Nusa Dua.

7. Matty_G

Matty_G Team Captain

Collingwood
    Good point, we visited friends staying in Nusa Dua last time we were in Bali (without kids). Agree that it is a much more laid back area and a better option for young kids.

rdhopkins2 likes this.
  8. MilitaryLC

MilitaryLC Team Captain

Port Adelaide
    Other Teams:
    Port Adelaide Magpies
    How about Ballarat? Theres a choice motel there and the host is having a dishwasher installed shortly.

Seeds, Bomberboyokay and rdhopkins2 like this.
  9. Dirty Bird

Dirty Bird Pokémon Master

Adelaide
    Other Teams:
    #BostonStrong #RiseUp
    I’ve only done Hamilton island (numerous times)
    It is kid friendly, but the accomodation is either shit or expensive.
    I would not recommend it if you have a budget.

rdhopkins2 likes this.
  10. FreoGirl

FreoGirl Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other Teams:
    East Freo, The Abbotsford Anglers
    Even though we live in Perth we have never been to Bali and have no desire to. We have been to Hawaii and Fiji numerous times, but only have one kid.

You could look at some of the cruises. Look at for specials and you might get a great deal. We've found this the cheapest way to go to places like Fiji. You don't have to worry about paying for food, accommodation and entertainment. The kids clubs on these ships are great!

11. Seeds

Seeds Brownlow Medallist

Geelong
    If you aint willing to spend stay in australia. We have pools and warm weather here.

This sort of holiday sounds like hell to me. But we are all different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. blueboy25

blueboy25 Norm Smith Medallist

Carlton
    Other Teams:
    West Perth, Tottenham
    I have recently been to Singapore with the family, kids are 8 and 5. It's not the cheapest option around but its reasonably priced as long as you don't want to get on the beers.

It was really clean, weather was good, locals were friendly and really easy to get around especially their train system. Universal studios on Sentosa island would be great for your 6yo.