Famous deaths that have really saddened you.

Remove this Banner Ad

My brother visited the memorial at the crash site in Iowa a few years ago.

It was all Buddys fault?!?! For laundry

Tinge of sadness for lots of people, but to return to the original point of the thread, REALLY saddened.

Karen Carpenter - so tragic, so needless. Wasn't even into The Carpenters but she had such a pure, angelic voice. So beautiful but she couldn't see that.
Ayrton Senna - I was an F1 nut, glued to the screen at 2am (NZ). Watching his death as it happened really made me question the sport and what it meant to me. Never viewed F1 the same since and have abandoned it entirely in the last 10 years.
Robin Williams to a lesser extent - sad, but I don't miss him like I knew him.
Tony Bourdain - you silly, silly bastard, why??? Why??? I was going through a very low patch myself when he died. Affected me very deeply and still does. We had so many attitudes/beliefs/feelings in common, he was exactly who I wanted to be, he was doing exactly what I wanted to do. If HE couldn't hack it, what hope is there for me?
Sean Lock - sad because he's recent, I'm sure in time he'll be another Robin Williams.

That's all who spring to mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrestling scene as plenty shock deaths over the years.

Mainly Owen Hart's Death. Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit especially Benoit and what he did was a huge shock. Brodie Lee is another gone so sudden.

Biggest for mine is probably Steve Irwin.
Paul Walker is another.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Let me ask you a question. When a celebrity dies from drugs or similar or something "nefarious" does it have an impact on your sadness?

People killing themselves with drugs is sad but not the same. Similar to old people dying vs people still young and active.

Sinatra dying was sad but he was old. Pratchett, Adams, Crichton were all still writing and I was no longer able to read their work. Pratchett was especially sad as he had a wonderful mind destroyed by Altzheimers.

Sean Lock was just an out of nowhere shock. Like Lennon. I was too young to fully understand with Graham Chapman. I guess these days news is so immediate and everything is public so when something happens quickly it truly shocks.

Queen's the obvious one, but it looks like she'll hang around alot longer than Prince Phillip.

If the Queen died first I don't think that Phillip would have lived longer than 2/3 more months

But the Queen's now got this second wing and will keep going for another 10 years

Karen was a huge loss. To this day I still think she has the most wonderful singing voice ever.
Yep. Only her voice could turn a schmaltzy bank jingle (We've Only Just Begun) into something really worth listening to.
And she was an accidental, reluctant singer to boot thanks to her mother.
Better stop before I turn this into a Karen tribute thread.

Yep. Only her voice could turn a schmaltzy bank jingle (We've Only Just Begun) into something really worth listening to.
And she was an accidental, reluctant singer to boot thanks to her mother.
Better stop before I turn this into a Karen tribute thread.

Im okay with that. Everyone should listen. Or better, watch the videos. The clothes in the 70s were something else !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back