Famous Geelong supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

I like it actually. I know someone who is a massive Bon Jovi fan and also supports Collingwood. She'll flip when I tell her Jon's a Geelong fan. :D

Im a massive Bon Jovi fan myself. Going through the lists im suprised at the ammount of Americans who support AFL teams, and how the website gathered the info. It can only be great for the game if it gains interest from outside the country.

Im a massive Bon Jovi fan myself. Going through the lists im suprised at the ammount of Americans who support AFL teams, and how the website gathered the info. It can only be great for the game if it gains interest from outside the country.

99% of them would be from where they've shown up for a game as a guest or something from a major sponsor of a club and been given some token scarf. Can't see them up all night watching ESPN and the AFL highlights show in their mansions.

Yesterday after the game, I saw the recent #2 drafted WNBA player Liz Cambage walking through the crowd with a Geelong scarf.

Yesterday after the game, I saw the recent #2 drafted WNBA player Liz Cambage walking through the crowd with a Geelong scarf.

She'd certainly be hard to miss. She's about Otto's height isn't she? :eek:

Going through the lists im suprised at the ammount of Americans who support AFL teams, and how the website gathered the info. It can only be great for the game if it gains interest from outside the country.

Quick story- I was living in Knoxville, Tennessee this time last year, and had my satellite cut out due to storms. The Cats were on ESPN (can't remember who we had), and I decided to hit a bar to go watch the game. Walked in, and the place had a few dozen Cats fans there watching the game. Knoxville is a decent sized city (1 million in the metro) with a major university in it, but even then, I expected to be the only one.

I've ran into several Cats fans here in the States. After that, I'd say Sydney, Essendon, and Collingwood. Actually, I might say the Swans are the most popular AFL team here. I've known bars to have Swans watch parties, like they do with Browns and Steelers fans. Not exactly sure why the Swans. Maybe due to tourism, and people hit the SCG for a game.

That site is rather funny actually. Apparently the tooth fairy is a Collingwood supporter, and there are a few rapists who support St.Kilda. :D

Those lists are a bit of a laugh Carlton have a few interesting supporters on there list:

• The Pope ( Head of the Roman Catholic church)​
  • Gene Simmons (Singer)
  • Jason Moran (Entrepreneur)
  • Mark Moran (Pharmacist)
  • Tony Mokbel (Importer)
  • Bernie Maddoff (Investment Banker)

In around 1997/8 I wrote a song about Gary Ablett Snr retirement using the music of Julian Lennon's "Saltwater".
It was played on Rex Hunt's fishing show where he added a few Yaaabbbllleeetts and commentary.
It was again played on 3AW, on the Ernie Sigley afternoon show, where he was interviewing Julian Lennon and asked his opinion of the parody of his song. He was amused and found it "interesting". He said to Ernie that he would arrange a pass for my wife and I to see him at his concert
On the evening of the concert at Crown I was allowed to go back stage and with, the earlier assistance of Billy Brownless and the footy club, I presented a Geelong footy jumper and a copy of Gazza's book to him.
He was also asked to sign another jumper, to autograph, that would be auctioned on the night of the club's auction night.
So I wonder if he could be put on the Celebreties list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In around 1997/8 I wrote a song about Gary Ablett Snr retirement using the music of Julian Lennon's "Saltwater".
It was played on Rex Hunt's fishing show where he added a few Yaaabbbllleeetts and commentary.
It was again played on 3AW, on the Ernie Sigley afternoon show, where he was interviewing Julian Lennon and asked his opinion of the parody of his song. He was amused and found it "interesting". He said to Ernie that he would arrange a pass for my wife and I to see him at his concert
On the evening of the concert at Crown I was allowed to go back stage and with, the earlier assistance of Billy Brownless and the footy club, I presented a Geelong footy jumper and a copy of Gazza's book to him.
He was also asked to sign another jumper, to autograph, that would be auctioned on the night of the club's auction night.
So I wonder if he could be put on the Celebreties list.
Is it online anywhere for us to listen to?

There are many copies of the song that I gave away during that season as I was not allowed to sell them. Otherwise I would voiding the copywrite laws.

I will put the words on this thread if you want to see them. If you are not interested, say so and I won't.

There is another one about Gaz Snr to the tune of "Stairway to Heaven"

Nathan Deakes? Craig Mottram? Ian Redpath? Kate Allen?

All Geelong people - supporters?

Not sure about the rest, but I believe Mottram is a Carlton man

There are many copies of the song that I gave away during that season as I was not allowed to sell them. Otherwise I would voiding the copywrite laws.

I will put the words on this thread if you want to see them. If you are not interested, say so and I won't.

There is another one about Gaz Snr to the tune of "Stairway to Heaven"

Yeah we did one for the CouldhavebeenChampions. We used the song 'Fire and Rain' (James Taylor) and called 'Five and Fame'. It was played a few times on ABC radio.It was done at the time Gary Snr decided to retire early and walk away from football.

'I've seen long drop punts I thought would never end....'

I'm not surprised about Wilkinson given Sando and Pods did some work with the English Rugby team at the end of 09, obviously they did a good job of spreading the word about our great club while they were there.

Welcome aboard 'The Singing Budgie' and some bloke named Rollins [not Henry]

BspEvfgCcAEaDOc.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back