Analysis Fan culture vs Forum culture, a deeper analysis!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant we just amalgamate this with the other namby threads?
Edit Beaten to it, should have read page 2 but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Balance? I think you're being over generous Feenix.

If I let my conspiracy side predict it I'd say it's a vocal minority using sockpuppet accounts to try and pressure the majority to conform to their personal viewpoint.
Would have been more convincing if he said he used Alta Vista every day for a living ;)

'Who is and isn't a supporter - fans will support the club in different ways. Some are optimistic, others are pessimistic. Some will agree with decisions, others will disagree. Some are emotive, others are measured. There is no right or wrong way to support the club. Labeling people as sycophants or opposition supporters in disguise only leads to thread derailment and animosity between posters. Engage with the posters you think make interesting posts. Do not take it upon yourself to point out that the way someone supports the club is "wrong."'

'Who is and isn't a supporter - fans will support the club in different ways. Some are optimistic, others are pessimistic. Some will agree with decisions, others will disagree. Some are emotive, others are measured. There is no right or wrong way to support the club. Labeling people as sycophants or opposition supporters in disguise only leads to thread derailment and animosity between posters. Engage with the posters you think make interesting posts. Do not take it upon yourself to point out that the way someone supports the club is "wrong."'

Logic would say hoping the club looses isn't supporting though

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

MyQki.jpg

John Who, how dare you come in here with your positive mentality - quick mobilise fellow negative trolls, we must suppress this behaviour - This is Sanders, Vhaluus, STO and others right now.
I really liked this.... until I tried to find out a little more about the "experiment". Apparently it didn't happen quite like that. There wasn't a group of five monkeys; Four sets of unisexual monkey pairs were used. In some pairs the substitute monkey did learn to fear the object after seeing how the conditioned monkey was afraid of it. However, in other pairs, the fearless behaviour of the substitute monkey ended up teaching the conditioned one not to fear the object anymore. If anyone can be bothered, the alternative experiment is here: (a bit deep for BigFooty, but what the hey) http://www.throwcase.com/wp-content...Specific-Learned-Response_Stephenson_1966.pdf

Informed negatively vs Ignorant bliss is the only major difference I see.

Nothing personal or internationally offensive John Woo, but all your threads seem like data mining, social engineering experiments.

If he wants to be positive more power to him. He can drink the AFC koolaid all he wants.

What I object to is him trying to pressure others into conforming to his line of thinking.

Exhibit A: Vhaluus, Sanders

What would be the point of forums if everyone was just being positive. We aren't the only supporter base that does this there is another 17 that are very similar if not worse. My thoughts on us is there is 3 factors that have cost us 1: losing Davis 2: losing Dangerfield 3: Paying bloody Tippett under the table ( losing 4 top picks). Lately but not as bad trading Lyons for peanuts and hopefully Doedee can come in and prove why we picked him over Burton.

I visit this forum for two main reasons:

1. humour and amusement.
2. insight into football.

There are quite a few sane and sensible posters I respect, who provide one or both of the above. They keep me reading.

But unfortunately there are many insanely bitter and negative posters who tend to dominate threads. They're probably either Port trolls or troubled individuals.

This thread is a good example of how they will take over any thread and make it unreadable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. humour and amusement.

There are quite a few sane and sensible posters I respect, who provide one or both of the above. They keep me reading.

But unfortunately there are many insanely bitter and negative posters who tend to dominate threads. They're probably either Port trolls or troubled individuals.

This thread is a good example of how they will take over any thread and make it unreadable.
A negative poster = a troubled individual?

That's actually offensive.

1. humour and amusement.

Just knew as soon as this thread was started that the usual suspects would do their best to derail it, including getting personal with the OP.

It's disappointing this board allows behaviour where there is this mob mentality, including calling people trolls.

Is this really the behaviour we want to condone on this board, as it is keeping many good posters away from frequenting this board like they used to.

I'm not against negative commentary on the Crows, but there is just too much playing the man with personal BS & imo, the moderators are losing some control of this board.

I like posters who are balanced, or witty.

And if I had named anyone I agree, that would have been unfair and offensive. That's why I didn't do it.

Just knew as soon as this thread was started that the usual suspects would do their best to derail it, including getting personal with the OP.

It's disappointing this board allows behaviour where there is this mob mentality, including calling people trolls.

Is this really the behaviour we want to condone on this board, as it is keeping many good posters away from frequenting this board like they used to.

I'm not against negative commentary on the Crows, but there is just too much playing the man with personal BS & imo, the moderators are losing some control of this board.
Maybe some are just better at spotting bots than others Kane.

This is it! Thanks Kane. We want to encourage people to post comments with a bit of thought in them, not just anger.

This board could be so much better and much more readable if certain people didn't dominate it with their relentless negativity.
(PS: I'm waiting for a DMAC comment to be inserted somewhere in this thread!).

So relentlessly positive is healthy, relentlessly negative is troubled. That's actually your position?

I'd be happy with thoughtful, whether positive or negative on its merits.

It's more the tone that worries me, and probably puts some potentially good posters off contributing.

This is it! Thanks Kane. We want to encourage people to post comments with a bit of thought in them, not just anger.

This board could be so much better and much more readable if certain people didn't dominate it with their relentless negativity.
(PS: I'm waiting for a DMAC comment to be inserted somewhere in this thread!).
So you want thoughtful comments, yet you contend negativity is a symptom of a troubled mind. Then you tack an inciteful comment on the end of your plea for sanity on the board.

Welcome to the hypocrite bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back