Analysis Fan culture vs Forum culture, a deeper analysis!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why aren't you having a crack at Boffo, who called overly negative people "troubled", and then raced away like a scared little mouse when called out on it? Is that better than calling out alt account? Do you think alt accounts made to push agendas are ok? Should I make 50 accounts and start threads on the topic of ex mods with an entitled view of how forums should work?

Ignore, report, escalate. Simple.
You have completely glossed over my major issue & gone off on tangents.

I have an issue with the amount of personal attacks on this forum. Yes, I do report posts.

I have no issue with diverse discussion, so long as it argues the issue not the person. I'm not looking to shutdown discussion nor do I have interest in being in a positive only forum.

I have an issue with the amount of personal attacks on this forum. Yes, I do report posts.

I have no issue with diverse discussion, so long as it argues the issue not the person. I'm not looking to shutdown discussion nor do I have interest in being in a positive only forum.

So you're against the predominate personal attacks that question whether someone is a 'real' supporter or tells them to go support someone else? These being the instigating attacks more often than not.

So alt accounts pushing agendas is ok?

Oh more passive aggressive attacking. You're on a roll ;)

I'm not going to spend the whole night arguing back and forth with you and a few others.
If I'm passive aggressive, then what is it that you're doing? active aggressive? passively defending? actively analysing?

You're taking me out of context, and I think I get the feeling no matter what i say, it'll forever be taken out of context...
..unless maybe we win a GF perhaps..ah well
Why are you not choosing to engage with the one person who actually addressed your points? Is it because WetCrow1991 actually ate you alive with his/her response?

So alt accounts pushing agendas is ok?
No, they are not.

When I was a moderator, we used to check IP's & ban posters.

But this should be up to moderators not the mob police to work through.

Damn didn't realise I just passed 100 posts...And I would like to thank Sanders, Vhaluus, feenix67 and whoever else that has helped boosted my posts numbers! Cheers peeps!

No, they are not.

When I was a moderator, we used to check IP's & ban posters.

But this should be up to moderators not the mob police to work through.
Why Kane? If I feel someone is disingenuous, I'm quite entitled to air my view.

Did you hate it when everyone called out Alex's 600 alts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why Kane? If I feel someone is disingenuous, I'm quite entitled to air my view.

Did you hate it when everyone called out Alex's 600 alts?
I have no issue with you saying your view.

What I have an issue with how it is said & gets overly personal.

You can call people out without getting overly personal.

I have no issue with you saying your view.

What I have an issue with how it is said & gets overly personal.

You can call people out without getting overly personal.
"Overly personal" is a pretty subjective measure Kane. That's why we have those forum mechanisms I mentioned previously.

Correct, opinions are just that, no right nor wrong. However, if the naysayers are putting off the yay-sayers, then the forum as a collective needs to ask themselves "are we keeping things in balance?", "what will become of this forum, if the Crows in 10 years time don't win a GF?"
All I really want to say is that as online members of a forum, we have the right for free speech but also the responsibility to treat everyone with respect. We can talk about "elite standards" all day, but it's ok to talk about other matters other than these "elite standards".
Some say "I can be as negative as I want. you can't stop me". Well, good on you! But then on the flipside, others trying to make a positive take on a win/loss, and get condemned for being naive/stupid/blind. Can anyone see that there is some inconsistency going on?

Maybe you could ask someone who's been here for ten years what they think.
Although with the parvo virus nightmare having just occurred and everyone probably thought no worries next year we'll be good for a flag, we've still got ten years until those expansion clubs will cause any issues for us. Thank god Triggy's here to steady the ship.

Yes, yes we are. So I can make threads such as this one, can I not?

Fancy you being on this thread, my welcoming friend! How are you, my BFF?

I actually belong to 2 other forums (not footy-related) prior to joining on Big Footy. I can say categorically that the attitudes within this forum are very different to the other ones I attend to. I have a basic understanding and interest in health science and psychology, so I'm just trying to understand the forum a little bit better.

Are these other forums sport related and dealing with a 2 team town where a reasonable proportion of its residents moods can be tracked by its sporting teams fortunes?
If not it pretty obvious why the difference.

Logic would say hoping the club looses isn't supporting though

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unless your tanking for picks then logically it's better to lose. I'm pretty sure the last 2 weeks have been an unmitigated disaster over in Hawthorn.

Edit: yeah I know Hawks have no first rounder.

Ok let me summarize the point of this thread:
- irregardless of your stance and thoughts on the Crows, do you behave the same online and offline?
- if there is a difference, then why is there?
- if there is a difference, is it promoting a friendly atmosphere for newbies to enter? And are we encouraging diversity of thoughts? or are we striving to merge into a prototype online fan, who thinks the same thoughts in the guise of an "online veteran"?

I'll come back to this thread in a few days to give more thoughts...To be continued..

Offline I wouldn't say my "pig" comment to my mother but I would say it with mates at the pub and even my sisters and some female friends. I wouldn't say it to a client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back