Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Brendon Gale

Votes: 47 78.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
The Herald Sun in their recent "Power" list has suggested that the AFL CEO race is down to Dillon and Gale. Who would be the Fan's preferred?

Gale
Despite the Richmond connection, I feel that the AFL really needs to be run by someone who is a football person. He has played 200 odd games, turned us around from an absolute joke in 2010 to a club that can actually be sustained. The big knock on him is that we, Richmond as club, have butted heads with the AFL and have done things that have ruffled the jimmies of people within AFL house.

Dillon
Honestly I don't know much about him. He does seem to be part of that AFL "Boys Club" which seems to be the anal cyst of this great game. Has been in an Exec role at the AFL for a while and would probably have the knowledge of the skeletons in the closet.

For me I want someone in the role who is a football person. Someone who has a long history with the game and actually appears to like the game, whoever that can be. Hell Tom Harley would be a good young option but the idea is he seems to be too inexperienced. With the current administration I always get the feeling that they actually don't like the game. It seems that the current exec team only likes to cheat on their spouse and increase the bottom line on the game.

fetchimage

Gale has integrity and is not tainted by the ‘boys club’ attitude where the only thing that matters is money and protecting ‘the brand’. Whilst I believe he may be a little ‘woke’ for my liking and potentially too ingrained in non football related ‘causes’, he had a great moral compass and a great appreciation for ‘the fans’.

On one hand I hope he doesn’t get the job so he can remain at Richmond, but he would be outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Herald Sun in their recent "Power" list has suggested that the AFL CEO race is down to Dillon and Gale. Who would be the Fan's preferred?

Gale
Despite the Richmond connection, I feel that the AFL really needs to be run by someone who is a football person. He has played 200 odd games, turned us around from an absolute joke in 2010 to a club that can actually be sustained. The big knock on him is that we, Richmond as club, have butted heads with the AFL and have done things that have ruffled the jimmies of people within AFL house.

Dillon
Honestly I don't know much about him. He does seem to be part of that AFL "Boys Club" which seems to be the anal cyst of this great game. Has been in an Exec role at the AFL for a while and would probably have the knowledge of the skeletons in the closet.

For me I want someone in the role who is a football person. Someone who has a long history with the game and actually appears to like the game, whoever that can be. Hell Tom Harley would be a good young option but the idea is he seems to be too inexperienced. With the current administration I always get the feeling that they actually don't like the game. It seems that the current exec team only likes to cheat on their spouse and increase the bottom line on the game.
Dillon played 290 ammo games and won 6 A Grade flags. Is a mad tiger. Is that enough "like the game" for you?

Gale

Dillon

Brendon Gale is as much a part of the boys club as anyone mate. I like Gale but don't pretend he is some outsider, he's been on the inside rail for a long long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone who will cut the gross fat at AFL HQ and put more money into grassroots footy. Waaaay too many grossly overpaid jobs for the boys dished out by the Fat Cats at AFL House

I didn’t know that. Can you elaborate?

I worked with Gale briefly. The plan from what I gathered was always finish law degree, do the time to get qualified and then join the AFL executive. Sidestep into Richmond CEO as they needed someone and has done brilliantly. Point is he is not outside the boys club at all, very much inside it.

I worked with Gale briefly. The plan from what I gathered was always finish law degree, do the time to get qualified and then join the AFL executive. Sidestep into Richmond CEO as they needed someone and has done brilliantly. Point is he is not outside the boys club at all, very much inside it.

Well I wonder why they haven’t and don’t look like appointing him then? Mind you I hope they don’t, I want him to stay at Richmond.

The average salary of the AFL executive team gets paid higher than any player or coach in the AFL.

This can't be right ?

Back