Fan threatened with eviction from MCG for barracking too loud

Remove this Banner Ad

See, there is a solution!

People need to HTFU. Most of my footy attendances are at the BOOOOOOOO Optus Oval here in BOOOOOOOOO Perth. Try being a Vic team BOOOOOOO supporter over here. Im not.... popular.

Could be worse I guess, could live in Adelaide. At least the crowds here dont throw bannanas at Aboriginal players.

Nope, you just call them apes.

Crows are feral as **** for an oppo at AO.

I lived there, so not a "visitor", and some of the **** directed towards our area was a disgrace. Luckily I've taught my two young boys not to get upset by idiots...
Dont mind hearing that.

We get labelled chardonnay sipping happy clappers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah Adelaide I had a fan in 2012 tell us "I hope your plane crashes on the way home" after we won in 2012. All we were doing was singing the song
Worst thing in football.

Hearing "Colllingwooood " with five minutes to go at your home ground.

Hate it and not looking forward to it in round 22.

Wonder how a protest weekend could be organised and how successful it would be.
The best form of protest would be for a packed house to be completely silent for an entire game.

Imagine a massive crowd at the G, Collingwood v Richmond played under the atmosphere of crowd silence.

Impossible to organize. But would make a big impact. Daresay would get a mention on USA ESPN and other global sports news outlets.

Football Park never had toilets though.
Ah Bull**** typical Victorian response. There were toilets at Footy park. You just need to find them.:)

What? You ever been to Footy park? If so, did you see locals piss and poo in buckets?

You think Adelaide is a Primitive city? Debatable.

Yes Footy Park was Primitive compared to the MCG and Docklands and even Kardinia Park.

But there were toilets at footy park. Adelaide is a hellhole but it isn't a 3rd world city.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok - I'll play devils advocate here. Has anyone ever sat at the footy with a really loud supporter yelling in your here ?

I had one a few weeks ago - a fellow Carlton supporter mind you - and the guy was a complete d$%head yelling non-stop rubbish thinking he was funny.

We had to move.

There is a line that can be crossed !!
Best not to sit in the cheer squad.

Ah Bull**** typical Victorian response. There were toilets at Footy park. You just need to find them.:)

What? You ever been to Footy park? If so, did you see locals piss and poo in buckets?

You think Adelaide is a Primitive city? Debatable.

Yes Footy Park was Primitive compared to the MCG and Docklands and even Kardinia Park.

But there were toilets at footy park. Adelaide is a hellhole but it isn't a 3rd world city.

Blokes used to piss against the underside of the grandstand at half time at Moorabbin, pretty much in full view of anyone walking past. And nobody recoiled in horror.

The best form of protest would be for a packed house to be completely silent for an entire game.

Imagine a massive crowd at the G, Collingwood v Richmond played under the atmosphere of crowd silence.

Impossible to organize. But would make a big impact. Daresay would get a mention on USA ESPN and other global sports news outlets.

It’s a good idea in theory, however in reality it would last all of 30 seconds until the first bad umpire decision.

I think Gil is forgetting that footy is more than a game.
Its theatre too. The tribalism. The barracking. The booing. Its akin to a pantomime. Theres three teams out there. Yours, theirs and the umps.
Now, nobody condones threats of violence, or racist epithets or vile descriptors but harmless gibes have to be permitted.
Where do you draw the line? Is "you idiot" a term worthy of being ejected from the footy?
A common sense approach has to be applied. If the language is of a vile or violent nature then sure, throw em out. AFL once asked umpires to make all sorts of judgement calls on iffy decisions because they empowered them with the ability to size things up and make a decision based on the circumstances presented in front of them. Now we have rules which are ridiculously trying to be concise and cover all angles which are clearly backfiring cos they offer no leeway and they have taken the ability to be judicious away from the umps. Causing further crowd irateness.
I dont blame the umps at all. They have been given a clear edict to follow and toe the AFL's line.
As a governing body of a sport they are woefully immature, insecure and reactive.
And so childishly feeling the need to show society how "progressive" they are when the exact opposite is true.

if the bulk of footy fans boycott, crowds will get smaller, most of the random families will lose interest, the AFL will grow smaller. the league AFL will be seen as a shadow of its former self, it'll be a smaller sports competition nation wide. maybe then a new league can be formed and clubs can do their best to get away from the AFL trying to own the sport and every club, from elite to development.

Delusional

The dynamic dunderheads are like a wrecking ball through the game, they're just torturing us all now and we mean nothing to the AFL. Australian Rules Football received news this week that it has an incurable disease and will die a slow and painful death over the next decade. Spies in the cheer squad, six cops tell a bloke to stop barracking loudly, studs in the back ticked off, the big footy brother is here and the game is over for the average footy fan. Good luck with all that Gil...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back