Fan threatened with eviction from MCG for barracking too loud

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite literally the best thing as fans we can do is not show up to games, empty stadiums will change the AFL's tune.

The AFL wants a war with its fans its a war it will not win, ultimately we own the game not them.
The yanks did this

Quite a few threads on this now while Gil chooses to maintain radio silence and not be answerable to his stakeholders. He's damn lucky we don't have voting rights.

Fan boycott one round then watch the fireworks

I think that’s really the only way the AFL would ever admit there’s a problem.

Would need to be highly organised. You’d never get everybody on board, but if you could tank a weekend’s attendances by 50% that would hurt them a lot.

I don't think people should be making negative remarks in regards to someone's appearance. That's just bullying. Something that is not tolerated in today's society.

Ugly isn't it.

Cowards now flexing 'woke' muscles at sporting events.

and if security doesn't act....you'll be within your rights to throw an egg, milkshake, meat pie etc on the person in question who raised their voice and said something about your favourite player that irritated you in some way.

What % of people at any one MCG game are active BigFooty readers? That would give a starting point to the ability to do any collective planning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The yanks and other countries do things like that, aussies seem to do nothing

In a nutshell, yes.

What we need is a social media campaign, a reclaim our game campaign where fans of all teams are called upon to unite for the good of the game we all love.
Not to condone racial/sexual villification, umpire and player abuse or unsociable conduct but to uphold a paying spectators right to barrack as hard as they want for their team without fear of being demonised by big brother and his henchmen.

In the old days the MCG had "dry areas" in which the consumption of alcohol was strictly forbidden. Perhaps we simply need "quiet areas" to be designated for those who wish to watch the footy in silence.

Or perhaps they can bring some ******* earplugs.
We’ve got one of those.

It’s called the Gabba.

Delusional

lmao i didn't say it was gonna happen you small minded bogan that's just ideally what would be best for everyone. unfortunately, there are too many people like you in australia.

Seen enough accounts of the same incident to be satisifed his biggest crime was volume. One even described him as funny.

Why do you always side with tyranny?
It’s in my cultural Marxist handbook. s**t, I’ve said too much.

I said I wouldn’t be kicking people out for barracking but he must have been fairly ******* loud and annoying for police to actually speak to him.

Also, I’m no fan of the AFL but why are we getting fully socially media outraged by this. Do we think the cops were acting on orders. Cops don’t need advice on how to be heavy handed arseholes.
For me, I don't like the idea of the AFL moderating my behaviour (this plus the other stuff recently), while the AFL is happy to promote gambling and everything else constantly.

Glass houses and all that.

I have been told to tone down my barracking twice in the last three weeks, i had no such issue's in the preceding 18 years in my area at the MCG and i haven't changed the way i barrack in that time and i won't be changing because these PC clowns want silence.

I will not be muzzled.

Ok - I'll play devils advocate here. Has anyone ever sat at the footy with a really loud supporter yelling in your here ?

I had one a few weeks ago - a fellow Carlton supporter mind you - and the guy was a complete d$%head yelling non-stop rubbish thinking he was funny.

We had to move.

There is a line that can be crossed !!

He can yell, scream and clap as loud and as often as he damn well wants.

It is a bloody shame human beings like yourself think they have high power over other people.
I see it often in daily life and it shits me up the wall.

I am sure you wouldn't have the utter bravery to tell the individual to quiet down but the very moment you can seize an opportunity where you know you will have safety, you call the person out, be it the internet or by safety in numbers.

That bloke who was jeering too loudly for your liking has every right to cheer for his team.

Perhaps just stick to paying for Fox Footy and watch it on the couch from now on?

It's more than BF, 100s of facebook groups think the same. The reach would be surprising i think.

The biggest effort I remember of this kind of thing working, was the "nice Gary" for Lyon in the Boxing day test. They had a FB event and people spreading the word on the day. I would hazard a guess about 8k got involved. Sounded great. 8k making no noise is a less impressive feat. I would bs surprised if more than 10% of football goers are on BF/active FB groups so the outrage here may just be the vocal minority.

Are you a long drop connoisseur?
Again, I dont know about you, But South Australia isnt as primitive as you think.

This isny like the glory days of the 1950s and 1960s where the dunny man rocked up each weekend to collect the "waste". And dont give me any stupid stories about Mr Hankey! He only arrives at peoples homes at christmas! :)

From Collins dictionary - the definition of barrack ...

verb British, Australian and New Zealand informal
to criticize loudly or shout against (a player, team, speaker, etc); jeer

2. (intransitive; foll by for)
to shout support (for)

Both definitions denote loudness. Makes it all the more nonsensical that the powers that be are telling people to barrack quietly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back