Fan threatened with eviction from MCG for barracking too loud

Remove this Banner Ad

Something appears not 100% with our CEO - the last couple of years he looks and sounds absolutely exhausted and not coping .
Hope everything is ok but his avoidance of the media and general demeanor gives the impression that all is not well .

We're in a post-truth world. It's about the feels. Get with the times.
This
+Infinite

My opinion, everything is normalised, the feeling of S A F E T Y qua safety becomes relative, we always move the needle to MORE safe, SAFE SPACES etc, safety house triangle on rectangle hiVisorangezones. A veritable ZenosParadox of Safety. #JonathanHaidt the Clooney academe doppelganger riffs on this.

Last edited:
Well this is where I think the argument doesn’t hold water. Gil says he had no idea there was going to be a security crack down. But doesn’t that just mean something as significant as this should have come across his desk? Was there seriously a lack of consultation between venue management and the AFL that this was coming? Or if not Gil, who in the AFL hierarchy is responsible for such measures being reviewed and approved?

Either the AFL was actively consulted and approved the crack down or they weren’t. If it’s the latter that’s a massive issue in its own right that venues would do this without the AFL’s approval.

And if we are naive to believe the latter the AFL didn't seem to do anything to counter the change in security methods.

What common sense, fairness or justice is there for screaming at another person that they are a bald headed flog?

Completely incorrect, on many levels. Brah, the AFL developed its own language and social mores and codes. The pantomime of antagonism with the umps, who also like the deluded fantasy of the whistle and all that entails; Razor Ray Chamberlain the most obvious outlier. See: proportion of the umpires who are lawyers and accountants. They are bureaucrats at heart, for order, for governance. Tension exists with the common AFL punter who will vent at the umpire.

Because it is all relative to the cultural communication register, but imposing a change in social mores from a new ethics perspective like the Gillette ad is intellectually disingenuous.

He did not mean Sir Anthony Hopkins Hannibal Lecter flog toss on Jodie Hopkins Clarise Silence of the Lambs if you misunderstood the literal Macquarie definition .

#flog
#baaabaaa
#blacksheepneelamb

#NSFW 🤣 skilts #misogyny
1373778274391.gif

Last edited:
I don't think it is that simplistic though.

When people like Nat Edwards (who I doubt is the type to fire volleys of abuse at umpires) are saying that they feel awkward and "spied on" by security, is that acceptable?

Just throw even harder bans at the idiots who punch on I reckon.
I haven’t actually heard one media person present a measured or reasonable argument/point yet-they are all having too much fun getting everything they can out of this pretty minor story. And saying she felt ‘spied upon’ like seriously?-give it a spell.

Completely incorrect, on many levels. Brah, the AFL developed its own language and social mores and codes. The pantomime of antagonism with the umps, who also like the deluded fantasy of the whistle and all that entails; Razor Ray Chamberlain the most obvious outlier. See: proportion of the umpires who are lawyers and accountants. They are bureaucrats at heart, for order, for governance. Tension exists with the common AFL punter who will vent at the umpire.

Because it is all relative to the cultural communication register, but imposing a change in social mores from a new ethics perspective like the Gillette ad is intellectually disingenuous.

He did not mean Sir Anthony Hopkins Hannibal Lecter flog toss on Jodie Hopkins Cerise if you misunderstood the literal Macquarie definition .

I cannot imagine what the problem with whoever it may be that is trying to change the social mores to ones that are one step more respectful than they currently are. Can you tell me what the problem with that is?

Something appears not 100% with our CEO - the last couple of years he looks and sounds absolutely exhausted and not coping .
Hope everything is ok but his avoidance of the media and general demeanor gives the impression that all is not well .

What concerns me is referring to security officers as maintaining safety in the stadium in terms of not being prepared to compromise safety for fans.

Safety is generally outside the mandate of security officers that focus on security. Surely safety is within the domain of safety officers rather than security officers

It is interesting when you wander into a CBA bank where the clock is gone and they have signs requiring a safe environment when it sounds like they are looking for a politically quarantined environment to suit the puppet master elite!!!

There's usually a hint of slurring his words, certainly was today in the couple of grabs I've heard. Maybe they're actually making him earn that 3mill....

I cannot imagine what the problem with whoever it may be that is trying to change the social mores to ones that are one step more respectful than they currently are. Can you tell me what the problem with that is?
We weren't disrespectful and contemptuous you silly muppet, one in one thousand is not indicative of a bloc

What bugs me alot also is we are going on about protecting people from swear words.

Why not protect children from gambling and alcohol advertising? If Im a parent Im much more concerned about Sportsbet ads every 15 seconds getting rammed down my sons throat while watching the game then if 1 of the 100 fans calls a umpire a mongrel because I know which one has more of a negative impact

You cant protect people in 1 hand and harm in the other just because 1 has a financial benefit. It makes you a hypocrite whose opinion means nothing

yesterday

Mr Green said the venue would review its security arrangements in response to complaints from fans, but Behavioural Awareness Officers would be used for the rest of the season.

today

"My personal opinion is they're (behavioural supervisors) not right and they should go.”

- Gil

Is it reasonable to ask what is happening (if anything)? It's as clear as mud.

Venue manager says they'll continue to use behavorial supervisors

AFL CEO says his personal opinion is they should go.

Are you genuinely saying you're not intelligent enough to understand that?

Venue manager says they'll continue to use behavorial supervisors

AFL CEO says his personal opinion is they should go.

Are you genuinely saying you're not intelligent enough to understand that?

I’ll tell you what I understand. If Gil says the pseudo-Nazis go, they’re out of work. The Nazis will go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll tell you what I understand. If Gil says the pseudo-Nazis go, they’re out of work. The Nazis will go.
If he makes a decision as AFL CEO that he wants them to go, they'll go. Maybe he thinks from an AFL point of view they should stay, which conflicts with his personal point of view. I make decisions everyday based on what I believe is best for the company that I work for, that I don't necessarily agree with personally.

Also pseudo-nazis, FMD hyperbole much. Security guards telling people to pull their heads in and stop acting like complete twats is comparable to mass murdering millions of people?

If he makes a decision as AFL CEO that he wants them to go, they'll go. Maybe he thinks from an AFL point of view they should stay, which conflicts with his personal point of view. I make decisions everyday based on what I believe is best for the company that I work for, that I don't necessarily agree with personally.

Also pseudo-nazis, FMD hyperbole much. Security guards telling people to pull their heads in and stop acting like complete twats is comparable to mass murdering millions of people?

I doubt Gillon McLachlan is capable of giving a straight answer even if his life depended on it.

That's why it says "pseudo-". Had a physics teacher who referred to us light-heartedly as "pseudo-intellectuals".

Last edited:
This
+Infinite

My opinion, everything is normalised, the feeling of S A F E T Y qua safety becomes relative, we always move the needle to MORE safe, SAFE SPACES etc, safety house triangle on rectangle hiVisorangezones. A veritable ZenosParadox of Safety. #JonathanHaidt the Clooney academe doppelganger riffs on this.
French children playgrounds FRENCH🇫🇷 architects/engineers invented NEW playgrounds that integrated dangerous obstacles in the theory the children will normalise danger to a level where they are not endandgered. In New Guinea pre-modern medicine 50 years ago, the jungle tribes individuals would have much lower threshold for danger, because intrinsically they were aware that one broken leg and they would be maimed for their life. For 2020 Australians, S A F E___S P A C E S are not the solution you idjits, counter-intuitively it IS NOT SAFER, not when aggregated over time, on a micro individual level, nor pan State national level
but do a howling banshee and petition Fairfax ABC and Shorten and Fairfax ABC and Shorten will provide the Safe Spaces 🤣
#meds
medusala
#fulz[sic]

Last edited:

Absolute conjecture, he just shirks the media because he is adverse to putting himself on the griller, as seen yesterday.

For 3mil a year, you deal with it.

Clearly being used as emotive and persuasive language and not to be taken literally, taking something to an illogically extreme comparison to make a point is a common tactic in attempting to make a point, its called hyperbole and satire, although I will just assume you knew that?

Likening how the AFL runs their organisation and is currently treating the fans is dictatorial. Not literally, but metaphorically.

What common sense, fairness or justice is there for screaming at another person that they are a bald headed flog?

It's not even barracking. It is the only one that has had anyone evicted and it is just personal abuse. If you cannot contain yourself from personally abusing people in a social setting then stay in your home.
Didn’t speak if that. Just loud barrocking is perfectly fine.

What a thread. Great laugh.

Sounds like the real snowflakes are the ones upset and defending their "right" to spew filth and abuse at others.

A few are going to stop going to games because they can't abuse people? Knock yourself out.

Hilarious.

Sounds like the real snowflakes are the ones upset and defending their "right" to spew filth and abuse at others.

A few are going to stop going to games because they can't abuse people? Knock yourself out.

Hilarious.
No one wants to abuse people or swear, they just want to passionately barrack.
And to define ‘snowflakes’ are usually the ones who don’t understand the basic democratic rights of ‘freedom of speech’ , religion, assembly, etc. that are all within the bounds of the ‘rule of law’ basic old fashioned common law principles.

Hilarious.
put the few in context. You live in a small L(l) liberal society, would you prefer to live in an enforcement society closer to a police state.

zeggie I never thought I would quote and echoe sentiment of attorney general qc george brandis, free speech is also right to offend / be offensive. Not qc cos of contribution to the bar.

You don't want to live in a free small l liberal State.

Because you would have the sentience to appreciate such norms and social mores are not in stasis but forever in flux. And the default trend is to ratchet up, and control speech, which is associated with controlling thought.

Everyone is jumping at offense, racing to be offended, competing to suffer more offense than your gtbi acronym allie, but where does this end, I should not be allowed to make this post, #cherf get ur $h!t together and ban me. 😘

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back