Fan threatened with eviction from MCG for barracking too loud

Looks like you spend time there.

Yep, and at least there we post with humour. But, enjoy this toilet.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Dixie Normous

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bald-headed FLOG.
NICHOLLS-Matthew-246x316.jpg

Looks like he gets smiling lessons from Matthew Lloyd

Eagleboy68

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I jumped up and started yelling and barracking loudly at the football a few weeks ago.

I got told by the lady sitting next to me to "sit down and calm your farm"

I was gobsmacked.

We all gotta sit all prim and proper drinking tea or Chardonnay.

I think Gil is forgetting that footy is more than a game.
Its theatre too. The tribalism. The barracking. The booing. Its akin to a pantomime. Theres three teams out there. Yours, theirs and the umps.
Now, nobody condones threats of violence, or racist epithets or vile descriptors but harmless gibes have to be permitted.
Where do you draw the line? Is "you idiot" a term worthy of being ejected from the footy?
A common sense approach has to be applied. If the language is of a vile or violent nature then sure, throw em out. AFL once asked umpires to make all sorts of judgement calls on iffy decisions because they empowered them with the ability to size things up and make a decision based on the circumstances presented in front of them. Now we have rules which are ridiculously trying to be concise and cover all angles which are clearly backfiring cos they offer no leeway and they have taken the ability to be judicious away from the umps. Causing further crowd irateness.
I dont blame the umps at all. They have been given a clear edict to follow and toe the AFL's line.
As a governing body of a sport they are woefully immature, insecure and reactive.
And so childishly feeling the need to show society how "progressive" they are when the exact opposite is true.

Not a truer word spoken on this forum in a long time.

Jul 16, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MUFC, Storm, Rebels

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Thanks, looks like I was spot on as usual. See below.

But it wasn't the first time Simon Grech has been reported at a match, and his recent social media history is littered with profanities, threats of violence and aggressive phrases.

Yeah, unfortunate loss of credibility. Still, (like Setka) what did he actually say that was wrong on Monday?

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
There is a widening disconnect between the AFL (media included) and the average fan. It's honestly killing my love for AFL and pushing me towards local footy only.

The AFL with the insipid disgrace McLachlan at the helm have stolen the game from the fans.

This will be my last year as a member of my footy club. I am not putting any more cash into this corrupt and out of touch organisation.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thanks, looks like I was spot on as usual. See below.

But it wasn't the first time Simon Grech has been reported at a match, and his recent social media history is littered with profanities, threats of violence and aggressive phrases.
Oh * i am COOKED

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Listening to Whateley on 360, it’s become blatantly obvious that he’s on the AFL’s payroll in some capacity to push their their agendas for them.
There's your mistake, right there.

People think Whateley is a good footy pundit purely because he is intelligent and eloquent. Yeah, it sets him apart from the morons and meatheads who dominate the footy media, but his actual opinions on football (and the world) really aren't worth a pinch of shiit.

He never has anything remotely interesting to say about the game. He is basically there to push the various agenda, which he does quite well. You KNOW what he will say in advance. He will toe the party line for the AFL and he will side with the hand-wringing social justice warriors on every controversial issue.

He's a company man. He lost me during the Essendon drug scandal when you could tell he was opposed to Robbo and wanted to lay into the Bombers, but with one or two exceptions, he would do his masters' bidding night after night and help spread the Fox Footy/Essendon manure.

Last edited:

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
There's your mistake, right there.

People think Whateley is a good footy pundit purely because he is intelligent and eloquent. Yeah, it sets him apart from the morons and meatheads who dominate the footy media, but his actual opinions on football (and the world) really aren't worth a pinch of shiit.

He never has anything remotely interesting to say about the game. He is basically there to push the various agenda, which he does quite well. You KNOW what he will say in advance. He will toe the party line for the AFL and he will side with the hand-wringing social justice warriors on every controversial issue.

Just about the best summary possible.

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes, Whateley used to be a logical voice in the cesspit that is football media.

These days though, he's just a sanctimonious flog.
It pays well to be a corporate shill.

He's taken over from Mike Sheahan and Caroline Wilson as the AFL lapdog

Back