Fan threatened with eviction from MCG for barracking too loud

Why couldnt Jeff just leave it at the fact "the staff are clearly poorly trained and have no understanding of football supporting culture"?

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,

This is astounding. It says more about the training security personnel receive or their recruitment methods.

Maybe just maybe Jeff is right although it wasn’t articulated well

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Why couldnt Jeff just leave it at the fact "the staff are clearly poorly trained and have no understanding of football supporting culture"?

Why is telling the truth or stating a fact racist?

What a joke, welcome to Nazi AFL where only sanitised PG rated comments are allowed.

Soon they will have a list of alternative comments you can make...

"Nice throw in umpire (sarcastically), couldnt you do better?"

Farcical sh*t, fu*k this sport entertainment product.

Lol... called it...

[IMG='align:left;width:280px;']https://scontent.fmel8-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/s2048x2048/64316356_1359796437515747_1601370580559331328_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel8-1.fna&oh=3cab18ced9efd361cf75b2d5fd174ba2&oe=5DC53A39[/IMG]

Total_Juddshanks

Premiership Player
Aug 4, 2005
Fee
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The good ones
Maybe just maybe Jeff is right although it wasn’t articulated well

That is just so hilariously ****ed I dont know where to start.

It's not even AFL- basketball, soccer, rugby, is there a spectator sport in the world where it would be normal and appropriate for a security guard to get involved in a struggle between two participants?!

I actually feel sorry for the guard who obviously has no experience with something that 95% of Australia would understand is normal, but it is scary that someone with absolutely zero understanding of what is going on should be enforcing standards of behaviour at a game- if that's what he's doing on camera what was he doing when dealing with the crowd?!

This has the potential to become incredibly ugly. Fans are going to bitterly resent this s**t and there's a real risk they are going to start taking it out on the guards at the ground.

I hope people start staying home and crowd numbers dwindle. Footy purists are better off watching the game on a big screen with the sound down anyway.
The food and beer is cheaper too :D

Exactly.

A security officer must have watched 100 AFL games before getting the job and preferably more than a 1000 otherwise they are culturally unqualified!!!

Kennett is 100 percent correct!!!

Its a performance based industry or it should be and simply selecting cheap observers with no judgement and experience is not good enough.

Remember the role of footy is to manage the mob to assist government govern society without having to resort to a police state to impose their will against the peoples will, apart from a sporting and entertaining event. Part of the release is venting within the crowd so that it makes it easier for government to manage society otherwise why do you think governments fund sports??

As a result it is imperative the peoples will is observed in the colosseum to maintain social order.

Kennett is aware of this which is why he made the comments he did I presume and likewise Judd appealed to his electorate when supporting those opposing the 'snowflakes' on Footy Classified as well!!!

Part of the role of an umpire is to take **** from fans in the outer even though its not defined in their job description. If not they get replaced by robots because they otherwise have no function and at minimum can be replaced by the third umpire!!

Why do you think the AFL has been backward in coming forward on striking the balance between the authorities and the crowd in terms of interactive acceptance?? They need to ensure the peoples will and stakeholders attitudes are observed otherwise the construct gets threatened if funding is pulled from they managers not performing their function in society!!!

The rulers want kum ba ya without the recent Hong Kong protest in terms of cramping on the freedoms humans desire!!!

The incident in Tasmania where a security officer pondered breaking up two opposing players inside the boundary line highlighted the officer was not qualified nor was the manager of such an officer to operate outside the social contract of their mandate!!

If this happened in USA some of these decision makers could face litigation along the lines of abuse and harassment along the lines of promoting slavery and repression.

People have to consider the mental state of some crowd attendees who feel depressed after interacting with a security officer where some may argue they were repressed!

Just read Kennetts comment and was only thinking the same thing a month ago at the Carlton vs Collingwood game, I couldn't say something like that without the PC police calling me everything under the sun, fight broke out and 2 security men came up and honestly I don't think they could understand a word when people were trying to explain what happened and who to kick out, they walked off and came back 15 minutes later kicked out 2 men who were not the main instigators.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I suggest those of you that are feeling intimidated get along to an A League game to see what the future may hold.
You paid for the ticket, I think a lot will go to A league, people paid to watch match not listen to other people voice, if you paid for my ticket you can shout as loud as you want.

I suggest those of you that are feeling intimidated get along to an A League game to see what the future may hold.

tho only 3 ill tempered folk and their dogs go to the ironically titled "A" League.

garlic munchers

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2006
Downbeat Optimist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardinals
Had a mate a few years back got a security gig at Subi. His idea was to watch the footy for nix . Didn,t work that way . They put the newbies outside the stadium

Probably a fair bit of discrimination in Stadium employment practices.

Like AFL do you? Yes, follow Collingwood!

"Dear Sir, it is with regret that I inform you that you were unsuccessful in your application".......

No way are they employing anyone that may take a sneaky gander at the footy whilst on duty or inadvertently yell out "sheparding" at a crucial moment in a GF with minutes to go.

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What if that security guard was at a boxing match?
I didn’t react like the Foxtel panel, I laughed when I seen it. It’s hilarious.
But in all seriousness there is nothing to stop the Police coming onto the ground if it’s a king hit, ie Barry Hall. And I hope they do one day.

gavaniacono

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
Hanoi
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wolverhampton Wanderers
"Everyone with allocated seating actually creates more tension than when WE were a WE, we were an ALL cheek to jowl, shoulder to shoulder, packed sardines sans OH&S in the bleachers. We were more harmonious and respectful. Irony".
Interesting Blackcat!

I blame the French (French thinkers 20th century, that is), and their non thinking academic acolytes who invaded our universities in the 70s 80s and 90s. The end of meta narrative. The privileging of the minute and less relevant. If Clancy is truly believed to be better than Joyce, we are doomed to spin out of control with no centre. Even footy teams need a good centreman, as the Tiges are discovering. Without a centre, we have no where to stand, we sit in demarcated locations separated from folk, looking down, happy, doomed.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
The other thing some may fail to realise is a member of the crowd attendence could perform a citizens arrest against a security officer in regards to an alleged offence.

What would be interesting if a security officer tried to enforce unjustified stipulations on an off duty police officer in the crowd for over zealous team support who then decided to perform a citizens arrest on the security officer!!!

The security managers/overseerers need to be very careful in averting a successful lawsuit against them in this regard

Last edited:

HawkMongrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MVFC, Aston Villa
Hahaha I love this s**t. Here’s media manipulation 101 for you.

When under attack, make the target more human and have people relate to him.

Don’t say he’s upset, say he’s “hurt” as it’s more human.

Also, make sure you get a puppy-dog picture and don’t put one up where he’s smiling or looking stern. He has to look sad.

God I hate the AFL and it’s corrupt web of media puppets. They can all rot.

48C1BE6F-87E1-41A9-B153-49294E7A938C.png

Total_Juddshanks

Premiership Player
Aug 4, 2005
Fee
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The good ones
Just read Kennetts comment and was only thinking the same thing a month ago at the Carlton vs Collingwood game, I couldn't say something like that without the PC police calling me everything under the sun, fight broke out and 2 security men came up and honestly I don't think they could understand a word when people were trying to explain what happened and who to kick out, they walked off and came back 15 minutes later kicked out 2 men who were not the main instigators.

It's not their fault. A lot of event security are people who lack English skills and can't get anything better- I can't see how that's remotely racist, it's just the truth. It's a s**t job, and often it's fairly disadvantaged people who end up doing it.

If they sat down and thought about it most fair minded people aren't going to begrudge someone working whatever job they have to pay the rent. The fault is with the venue managers and security companies, many of whom are probably run by people sitting in a corporate box with Gil and co, who in the pursuit of extra profit are putting people into venues without the training they need to do the job properly.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
The other thing the experts need to be aware of in terms of expertise is cameras.

Just remember the incident in the last 24 hours in USA where there is a apparent lawsuit against law enforcment when a police officer allegedly pulled a real gun , with vision, on a mother/family with kids where apparently one of the kids grabbed a toy gun from a local retail store, and threatened serious action if the family did not stand down and comply.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
It's not their fault. A lot of event security are often people who lack English skills and can't get anything better- I can't see how that's remotely racist, it's just the truth. It's a **** job, and often it's fairly disadvantaged people who end up doing it.

If they sat down and thought about it most fair minded people aren't going to begrudge someone working whatever job they have to pay the rent, the fault is with the venue managers and security companies, many of whom are probably run by people lunching in the executive board room with Gil and co, who in the pursuit of extra profit are putting people into venues without the training they need to do the job properly.

If they can't meet the standards have they or the managers not committed a fraud??

Back