Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
South Australian clubs slow on Orazio Fantasia

Any lingering hopes injured Essendon speedster Orazio Fantasia had of re-igniting the interest of South Australian clubs at the end of this season have plummeted with Port Adelaide ruling out making a play for him again this season and Adelaide considering the prospect unlikely as they look to rebuild.

However, the top of the table Power have held firm to the declaration they made at the end of last season's trade period that he would remain off their radar.

Port have established a fleet of running forwards alongside champion Robbie Gray, with Conor Rozee and Zak Butters two of the most dynamic young players in the game. Boyd Woodcock also made his debut this season.

Although Port might eventually be in the market for a small forward if Rozee and Butters graduate to the midfield, their target won't be Fantasia.

May 9, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A no for me. He had his chance to come over last year and spurned it.

I, like 90% of the supporters on here weren't enamored with the idea of recruiting Fantasia last year and after watching him this year am not convinced he's worth the effort to bother with.

Let the Crows have him and look elsewhere.

MrPlow

Club Legend
Oct 25, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
78332848-18AF-4B0E-8560-78ECA1B77512.jpeg

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It’s not that I have anything against him it’s just that Essendon actually might think he’s worth something that concerns me?
We’ve requested a medical worries me?
There’s no picks we could offer nor players we would trade to get this deal done.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Butters, Woodcock, Farell.

No thanks.
To be fair HFF has been our biggest area of weakness all year. Motlop, Farrell, Woodcock, Sutcliffe all struggling to cement their spot. But we shouldn't be paying for someone like Fantasia.

Which makes Bergman's switch to defence even weirder. Hopefully next year though we see a lot of Williams.

Jojay

PISS BLASTERS "RS"
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
South Australian clubs slow on Orazio Fantasia

Any lingering hopes injured Essendon speedster Orazio Fantasia had of re-igniting the interest of South Australian clubs at the end of this season have plummeted with Port Adelaide ruling out making a play for him again this season and Adelaide considering the prospect unlikely as they look to rebuild.

However, the top of the table Power have held firm to the declaration they made at the end of last season's trade period that he would remain off their radar.

Port have established a fleet of running forwards alongside champion Robbie Gray, with Conor Rozee and Zak Butters two of the most dynamic young players in the game. Boyd Woodcock also made his debut this season.

Although Port might eventually be in the market for a small forward if Rozee and Butters graduate to the midfield, their target won't be Fantasia.

Ummm... the article you quote is from early August. It's been reported today that he has had medicals at BOTH Adelaide based clubs... which is a bloody worry!

The Rubber Man

Club Legend
May 1, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
2 years 400k
Gives him time to see if he can get over his injuries. Still young. If he proves his worth. Give him more.

Highly doubt he would take that deal. So probably see him go to the team with the wooden spoon instead.

rainwizard39

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hated the idea of getting him last year because of what others thought he’d cost. Right now he’s probably worth a 3rd rounder or less. If that’s all we’ve got to give up I won’t be that mad.

Ummm... the article you quote is from early August. It's been reported today that he has had medicals at BOTH Adelaide based clubs... which is a bloody worry!
Isn't the report that he is having medical testing at an independent place and the results being forwarded to the two SA clubs? You don't need to be interested to receive an email

Oct 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is he an unrestricted FA?

I'd take him if he's basically free. We have a real gap in those half forward spots, so could do with some extra class. Adding Crouch and Fantasia in the off season for the cost of zero draft picks would be a good result.

Yeah purely from a strategy prospective, I'd do it for a trash late draft pick and Essendon pays part of his salary

MrChow

Club Legend
Jun 24, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don’t think he is even worth taking for a 3rd rounder. It would be a really low priority trade for us.

We generally have traded out the showy players that don’t play for the team. I’m not sure Orazio will help us.

Perhaps we go in, and withdraw, so Adelaide can have him, on the proviso they don’t bid on Borlase?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Well if Essendon want B Crouch they can use Fantasia as part of the trade deal.

According to Dodoro it'll be a clean swap of players deal with no draft picks swapping hands.

Back