Senior List
Dec 30, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Attachments

• D71EBE9E-8754-47CB-8321-57B471CED8BE.png
    D71EBE9E-8754-47CB-8321-57B471CED8BE.png
    433.1 KB · Views: 126
Not gonna be jumping for joy if he ends up a Port player, but happy to give him a chance if we do. He's sucked since 2017, but McKenzie sucked for longer than that and we turned him into a player this year, so why not? It's not like he could do much worse than Farrell and Woodcock have done over the past month.

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not gonna be jumping for joy if he ends up a Port player, but happy to give him a chance if we do. He's sucked since 2017, but McKenzie sucked for longer than that and we turned him into a player this year, so why not? It's not like he could do much worse than Farrell and Woodcock have done over the past month.
McKenzie cost us barely a list spot

Dodoro will actually try and leverage something out of us for player worth as much as McKenzie was.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
We don't need him and he wouldn't start for us, but I'll take him as a restricted FA or a 7th rounder or something. Paying anything of value for him should be completely out of the question.

Nothing wrong with experienced backups. If he stays fit, who knows? Look at McKenzie.

I don't see Essendon letting him go for free though, they'll probably demand Wines and a 2nd or something.

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bit hard on Woodcock there Schultzy. The lad’s stiff to be compared to Farrell.

Does anyone else remember how we had a thread last year with a title something along the lines of "Fantasia requests trade to Port Adelaide"? I love how this thread has jumped the gun in an almost identical way.

Isn't the report that he is having medical testing at an independent place and the results being forwarded to the two SA clubs? You don't need to be interested to receive an email
That's it. We haven't even asked for a report. He's just shopping himself around.

Bit hard on Woodcock there Schultzy. The lad’s stiff to be compared to Farrell.

I liked his form earlier in the season and I still think he has a future, but you have to admit that he didn't have much impact last night.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Farrell & Woodcock are babies do you have to be KPF to warrant any patience around here?

Farrell & Woodcock are babies do you have to be KPF to warrant any patience around here?

If there were any KPF's who were clearly better than Marshall lining up to come to Port, I'd want us to consider them too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm not even sure we have the list space with reduced lists next year. He was worth a punt at the end of last year for a pick around the 40 mark, but this time around adding him means we are forced to de-list someone. To take an example, I'd rather Riley Grundy than Fantasia, and we just de-listed Riley.

But if we get enough retirements after the season to have a spot free somehow then sure, chuck a 5th rounder on the table and let Essendon decide from there.

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Also this just shows how stupid Essendon's trading strategy actually is. Last year they could have gotten us to give up pick 31 for him if they had just focused on that and not made ludicrous asks like Sam Powell-Pepper. With that pick 31 they could have grabbed Trent Rivers.

Instead, Trent is going well at Melbourne. Our picks enabled us to get the players we want. Essendon are still stuck with a perennially injured list clogger who is still trying to leave.

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is Fantasia on ridiculous money that Essendon are trying to get off of their books?
Are they prepared to pay part of his salary for the year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back