Toast Fantastic effort by Ken and the boys!

Remove this Banner Ad

EvansHodges77

Senior List
Dec 14, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I just think Marshall and Bonner cracked in some key moments for us last night, Westhoff and Burton to replace them, Clurey in for Lienert(obviously)and Butters for Woodcock (clearly)
We are primed for a real crack at it this year!well done to Ken Hinkley for sticking the course and believing in himself and the boys!
It takes time to build a great team and hopefully we are at the start of something really special!
In our 150th year it’s time to believe!
Cmon Boys!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wouldn't be disappointed if Liernart keeps his spot to assist with the cats tall timber.

We have been exposed time and time again by guys like Hawkins.

Yes Lienert has been very serviceable, I wouldn’t hate him being in the side at all, but truly believe Hoff has a couple of blinders in the tank..and he gives us insurance if a key forward or back or ruck or wingman go down on game day.

Yes Lienert has been very serviceable, I wouldn’t hate him being in the side at all, but truly believe Hoff has a couple of blinders in the tank..and he gives us insurance if a key forward or back or ruck or wingman go down on game day.

yep

I wrote Gray off at the beginning of the year, due to his ageing body and mobility. Perhaps Westhoff with a break can rejuvenate and deliver his best.

Love Westy!

I just think Marshall and Bonner cracked in some key moments for us last night, Westhoff and Burton to replace them, Clurey in for Lienert(obviously)and Butters for Woodcock (clearly)
We are primed for a real crack at it this year!well done to Ken Hinkley for sticking the course and believing in himself and the boys!
It takes time to build a great team and hopefully we are at the start of something really special!
In our 150th year it’s time to believe!
Cmon Boys!

Totally Agree check out sen vdeo off what they thought of after game.

May I post in your forum?

Very good effort from Port. Its a very pared back season and with so much of the staff shut out its a lot more in the hands of the players and the senior coaching panel than usual, so the quality of the players and the character of the club matter. "Hollow" clubs like Sydney and the Giants have fallen away without the huge footy departments they have around their teams.

You played very strong professional footy last night. The umps were poor and I get the feeling the wanted to make things more interesting because you got not much, and they let us get away with a few stinkers (De Goey a few pushes and shepherds, the tackle on the bald bloke in the goalsquare when he never had it, there was a bunch). Even Cox got a free and he never gets frees so there was something dodgy going on there. The Port blokes swore a but but got on with it so more good character and professionalism there.

We have a gun defence, but you knocked it on the head with hard run, and by the end took some contested marks inside 50, not many sides do that against us. The Port midfield is typically strong and straightforward, and you win the bloody contested footy which is pretty much the essence of the game.

Ii think Hinkley is a very good coach. The game plan doesn't look complicated but its really well suited to the players (and vice versa) and your fellas know what they are doing. Someone mentioned Lienert, he's a good example of a guy under a bad coach he'd be adrift or delisted but he played some excellent footy last night. Not criticising him at all, with the salary cap you can only have so many Grays and Dixons.

At the top end I like Dixon and Gray a lot, beasts who work their arses off and with them and few others you've got more than enough class to go all the way too. Pity the GF isn't in Adelaide, like seriously why the hell isn't it outside Victoria every second year? Stupid parochial League.

Hope we meet again in the finals (but I doubt it), maybe next time we can give you a better contest (we were in it because we kicked 6 straight, I felt the margin was very flattering to us indeed) and maybe the Umps can actually not spoil the contest by going one way. I mean I love to win but not with the Umps help, that's bulldust.

Ken and the club have done very well up to now. Reality is it counts for SFA if you don't win the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May I post in your forum?

Very good effort from Port. Its a very pared back season and with so much of the staff shut out its a lot more in the hands of the players and the senior coaching panel than usual, so the quality of the players and the character of the club matter. "Hollow" clubs like Sydney and the Giants have fallen away without the huge footy departments they have around their teams.

You played very strong professional footy last night. The umps were poor and I get the feeling the wanted to make things more interesting because you got not much, and they let us get away with a few stinkers (De Goey a few pushes and shepherds, the tackle on the bald bloke in the goalsquare when he never had it, there was a bunch). Even Cox got a free and he never gets frees so there was something dodgy going on there. The Port blokes swore a but but got on with it so more good character and professionalism there.

We have a gun defence, but you knocked it on the head with hard run, and by the end took some contested marks inside 50, not many sides do that against us. The Port midfield is typically strong and straightforward, and you win the bloody contested footy which is pretty much the essence of the game.

Ii think Hinkley is a very good coach. The game plan doesn't look complicated but its really well suited to the players (and vice versa) and your fellas know what they are doing. Someone mentioned Lienert, he's a good example of a guy under a bad coach he'd be adrift or delisted but he played some excellent footy last night. Not criticising him at all, with the salary cap you can only have so many Grays and Dixons.

At the top end I like Dixon and Gray a lot, beasts who work their arses off and with them and few others you've got more than enough class to go all the way too. Pity the GF isn't in Adelaide, like seriously why the hell isn't it outside Victoria every second year? Stupid parochial League.

Hope we meet again in the finals (but I doubt it), maybe next time we can give you a better contest (we were in it because we kicked 6 straight, I felt the margin was very flattering to us indeed) and maybe the Umps can actually not spoil the contest by going one way. I mean I love to win but not with the Umps help, that's bulldust.

to be honest I didn’t really notice the umps last night, I mean there are always a few ‘cmon umps’
But nothing significant, (watch the Richmond Port game this year that was horrific!)
We are work in progress and it’s just great to see consistency and aggression, I think Collingwood will be much more dangerous on a bigger ground, and they’ve got a chance to knock out WC which I will be watching with great interest!
Ken is a great coach and more importantly a great bloke, the players love him and play for him, he deserves any success that comes his way!

to be honest I didn’t really notice the umps last night, I mean there are always a few ‘cmon umps’
But nothing significant, (watch the Richmond Port game this year that was horrific!)
We are work in progress and it’s just great to see consistency and aggression, I think Collingwood will be much more dangerous on a bigger ground, and they’ve got a chance to knock out WC which I will be watching with great interest!
Ken is a great coach and more importantly a great bloke, the players love him and play for him, he deserves any success that comes his way!

Maaaate ... Watch it again.
SPP was rugby tackled without the ball right on the goal line - Play on!
Numerous clear push outs by De Goey and others - Play on!
SPP appeals for "ball touched" after Stephenson goals. Stephenson ALSO agrees! - Play on!

I could go on ... but these alone account for potentially FIVE goals. If this occurred to a top Vic team, the commentators would still be talking about it, and it would have seen 45 slo-mo angles featured on every footy show, and have resulted in numerous "Please explains" being sent to the AFL!

Oh, its only Port Adelaide? - Play on!

Maaaate ... Watch it again.
SPP was rugby tackled without the ball right on the goal line - Play on!
Numerous clear push outs by De Goey and others - Play on!
SPP appeals for "ball touched" after Stephenson goals. Stephenson ALSO agrees! - Play on!

I could go on ... but these alone account for potentially FIVE goals. If this occurred to a top Vic team, the commentators would still be talking about it, and it would have seen 45 slo-mo angles featured on every footy show, and have resulted in numerous "Please explains" being sent to the AFL!

Oh, its only Port Adelaide? - Play on!
Mate your right I know but it was on the lower scale of bias we’re used to..still Wasn’t as bad as the Richmond game though...Surely you agree there

exactly.. let's wait 2 weeks to uncork the bubblies..

the mood might sudden;y change

Port $1.75
Cats $2.15
Started at $1.92 vs $1.88 Cats on Tuesday. A single $10k - $20k bet probably moved it 10 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back