Fantasy Ballers..How has your team changed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Well its been a busy week for myself involved in 3 trades and if anything this thread is just something to boast about :D

Losses

Alonzo Mourning - coming back from kidney ailment, no guarantee he'll play all year. But a superstar when fit...

Marcus Camby - already on the injured list, can he stay away from it. But again can post big numbers when healthy, had to do it though to get T-Mac.

Jermaine O'Neal - quality bigman and has plenty of potential, i will probably regret this one.

Keith Van Horn - Again another question mark as he is returning from injury, solid when playing and can now feed off Kidd.

Juwan Howard - didnt really want him to go as he played pretty well with Dallas last season but these things have to be done.

Bonzi Wells - waived.

Gains

Ron Mercer - on-traded in the McGrady deal.

Tracy McGrady - i know your all jealous as he only averaged 26.8, 7.5 and 4.8 last year. Absolute star :D

Shareef Abdur Rahim - THE REEF! Another pickup i have to boast about. 20.5, 9.1 and 3.1 !! There power forward stats but he's only a SF :) :)

Danny Fortson - it was a risk i had to take after his tantalising stats of 16 and 16 in 6 games last season..shouldnt reach those heights this year but i am expecting 15 and 10 if he stay healthy..fingers crossed.

Cliff Robinson - i know you think im an idiot but he was shipped to Detroit and is now there second option on offence behind Stack. Expect his scoring and rebounding to jump.

Tyrone Hill - free agent and i needed another bigman. He's back at Cleveland where he was an All Star back in 97. Cleveland traded there best rebounder from last season in Weatherspoon so expect his rebounding to go up and he is always good for 10 points a game.

Sam Cassell - needed another point in case Nash went down, Cassell fits the bill perfectly, scored 18.2 ppg last year and over 7 assists. Cassell running the break...Allen and the Big Dog on the wings or Mason filling the middle, i am expecting his assists to spike up.

:D

All in all pretty happy with that!

So boys...how did you like your trading or pick ups and how do you think you fared?

great thing is.... last day for trading is Feb 21, so theres plenty of trades that can still be done during the season.... to make up for deficiencies in your line ups.... :p

damn jealous of tracy mcgrady & the reef gains... (*%#&@!!!

and cassell... good one.. who was the f*ckwit that let him go?! (*$#&

well, only did one trade with jod last nite...
most of my pickups were for bigmen, as i had a huge hole to cover for a month, while c.webber gets back..

Gains
Jermaine O'Neal - i'm soooo happy about this one! tho last yr, his scoring wasnt very high (can forgive him for that, as it was kinda his rookie season, getting the minutes he deserves), i'm expecting him to have a huuuuge break out season this yr! although indiana will prob do crap this yr.... as reggie takes a backseat, it will be jalen & jermaine running the show..

Juwan Howard - was at first after brian grant from jod... but, i've got too many F/C players to fill those possies... SF's odom & paul pierce out of reach... so, to even up the deal with jod, i'd go with juwan.... still a reasonable player... but, this yr, will get a full season with dallas... their only real inside post type player.. so, he should go ok...

Free agent adds:
Brad miller - hahah.. but, hey, he's on the bulls, will get mins, picking up boards and putbacks..
Derrick coleman - risky... but, new deal with the 76'ers could give him a new lease of life... and to prove others wrong.. can easily slip back into his 18-8 type days... fingers crossed..
Morris Petersen - just to make up my SF numbers... could have a nice season this yr, teaming up with air canada to become a high-scoring duo...
Ruben Patterson - had a nice year last yr... also got charged with molesting a babysitter as well... haha.. but, this guy can get some scrap boards and points... pity he's on the blazers... could be one to drop soon...

----

Losses
danny fortson.. again, its just potential... dont know he's gonna go... is a proven rebounder, but his past 3 seasons were injury riddled... if he gets the ridiculous 16 & 16 again, i'll be steaming!

sam cassell ... one of the top PG's to have... points & assists... but, seeing that i already had stevie franchise, starbury... and mcginnis... could afford to give one up...

Free agent drops:
-James Posey (haha..)
-Lamond Murray (injuries, inconsistent.. but, still can give points)
-Howard Eisley (playing behind a couple of PG's in NY, was disappointing last yr)
-Nazr Mohammed (might regret this one... again, the F/C glut made me cut this potential break out star this yr.. tho, the return of theo, addition of the reef, will take stats away from him)

I must admit Im wondering what the hell Im doing in this game as I have little knowlege of the NBA and the players.

However I intend to improve!

I have been apprehensive of the trades offered and been content with what I have.

So far have only done one trade, i didn't want to lose Reef but it was either him or Paul pierce.
I desperately need a backup SG and a versatile forward so i got Ron Mercer and Keith Van Horn

GAINS:

Ron Mercer: Fantasic scorer who i desperately needed given that my only other SG as Steve Smith

Keith Van Horn: Extremly versatile forward who if fit is capable of averaging 20+ points a night.

LOSSES:

Reef: Didn't want to lose him given his outstanding numbers but i just didn't have a spot for him.

My lineup atm is:

C: Shaq
PF: Raef Lafrentz/ Keith Van Horn/ Horace Grant/ Charles Oakley
SF: Paul Pierce/ Donyell Marshall/ Bryon Russell
SG: Steve Smith/ Ron Mercer
PG: Nick Van Exel/ Mookie/ Mark Jackson

Not bad eh?

I'm happy with that list, ideally would like another Centre but i've always got Raef who can play in the middle should Shaq go down.

Cheers

First game of the season, Paul Pierce: 8 points at 4-4 shooting in the first 7 minutes, glad he's in my squad.

Cheers

alright... first day of action ~

if u go to your team page.. click on 'StatTracker'...
u can see your results for the first day...

wow... amityville with a whoppin 8-1 over the hawks...
and vandelay with a 6-2 over jodzillas...
other ones were pretty tight..

some more choppin' & changin' tonite i think!

Originally posted by coxon
wow... amityville with a whoppin 8-1 over the hawks...

That's bloody amazing.

I had excellent contributions from my starting 5:

Shaq: 29 points, 18 rebs
Van Horn: 26 points, 7 reb
Pierce: 29 points
S Smith: 19 points
Van ExelLENT: 27 points, 9 assists

Cheers

well, thats just day 1..
need to finish off a week...
cos, some ppl on my roster werent playing today.. etc..
so, over a week it prob evens out...

f*ckin shaq...

Coxon,

Can you expedite a waiver? I waivered Hakeem Olajuwon to accomodate my trade with Jod, now i wanna pick him up again but i have to wait two more days apparently.

Cheers

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
Coxon,

Can you expedite a waiver? I waivered Hakeem Olajuwon to accomodate my trade with Jod, now i wanna pick him up again but i have to wait two more days apparently.

Cheers

nah, dont have the option to speed up that up...
If you place a player on waivers, you cannot reclaim that player until after the waiver period has expired.

which sucked, cos i thought about picking vin baker back up again... $#@

Ok so i dont even know how the game works but on my stat tracker im winning 6 - 3 over Vandelay yet on the homepage it says im down 6 - 2 i figured i would work out how it was scored when it kicked off .... coxon any help would be appreciated.

Oh and REEF!! 28 and 18 opening night :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by jod23
Me Reef deal didnt go through and will start scoring points for me as of today, my team was already locked in for opening night before the trade was done...

So expect a comeback Vandalay...

THat's what i thought as well, although Keith Van Horn showed up on my stat tracker????

I knew Reef would be putting up big numbers but between Van Horn and Mercer i expect 40 points a night, Keith snagged 26 points in the first game and Ronnie's up today.

Just one question for anyone that can answer it, Should i change my list daily? i.e I've got players in my line up that aren't playing yet i've got players on the bench that are playing, do i have to switch them?

Cheers

Ok so i dont even know how the game works but on my stat tracker im winning 6 - 3 over Vandelay yet on the homepage it says im down 6 - 2 i figured i would work out how it was scored when it kicked off .... coxon any help would be appreciated.

Oh and REEF!! 28 and 18 opening night :D

yeah..i got confused by that as well!
on opening day.. it was 6-2 my favour..
then, after i moved my players for the next day..
the live stattracker said.. 8-1 in jods favour !!! what the (*$&#@*($

so, i've figured.. that.. on the main page.. thats the actual score for the day..

the statTracker is a live update..
so, once u move your players... it auto updates that little java stattracker... so, thats just a daily thing.. cos i noticed players (that werent playing) i moved to the bench.. and its automatically reflected in the stattracker...

hope thats cleared up..

Originally posted by phatandphreaky

Just one question for anyone that can answer it, Should i change my list daily? i.e I've got players in my line up that aren't playing yet i've got players on the bench that are playing, do i have to switch them?
Cheers

yes.. should move players that have games, to be included in the stats... u can do this before hand as well...

Ahhh no wait i think i get it now. You get awarded 1 point if you are beating your opposition in a stat category.

Your beating me in FG%, FT%, PTS, AST, STL, BLK.

Im beating you in REB and TO. With 3PTM tied up.

I thought you got points for each day but its an add up thing. So all the points that my guys make during the week against all the points your guys make during the week. Whoever wins get the 1 point!

AHA! Cant believe im down in the points with T-Mac, Hill, Jordan, Cassell, Grant, Reef....

Anyway only 2 days into the matchup but it looks like you already have a claim on the point for blocked shots. Leading 11 - 2!

Ahhh no wait i think i get it now. You get awarded 1 point if you are beating your opposition in a stat category.

Your beating me in FG%, FT%, PTS, AST, STL, BLK.

Im beating you in REB and TO. With 3PTM tied up.

I thought you got points for each day but its an add up thing. So all the points that my guys make during the week against all the points your guys make during the week. Whoever wins get the 1 point!

AHA! Cant believe im down in the points with T-Mac, Hill, Jordan, Cassell, Grant, Reef....

Anyway only 2 days into the matchup but it looks like you already have a claim on the point for blocked shots. Leading 11 - 2!

Thanks for that Jod, it had me slightly confused as well.
I'm losing in two categories, FT% (well Shaq is in my lineup) and turnovers (41 to 19, i can't believe i've had 41 turnovers in two night).

Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back