Fantasy BBallers: Anyone want Shaq?

• Thread starter Fall Out Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

F

Fall Out Boy

My Amityville Blings are begrudgingly willing to trade Shaquille O'Neal.

The deal will need to be good.

I'm open to offers.

Cheers

oh, damn.... on offer eh?!
would have to trade away 3/4 of the team... haha..

phew.. i got out of jail with a 6-3 loss... was down 8-1...
but i managed to get a win with turnovers/ and the ft/fg %'s.. hahah...

Geez id love to have Shaq, especially considering my centres are Davis and Fortson, there solid but no stars...but making an offer on someone like Shaq would be too tough a deal plus i dont want to give away anyone from my star studded lineup of Hill, T-Mac, MJ, Reef, Cassell etc etc...

But if you do want somebody from my list i will listen....

Coxy - you are in trouble son, your going down in a blaze of glory...Vandelay are finished, i thought you were the one to beat after your narrow first up win against me but since then you have just fallen down the ladder. I on the other hand thankyou for the first up loss, got my in the right perspective and since then havent lost a week.

Originally posted by jod23
Geez id love to have Shaq, especially considering my centres are Davis and Fortson, there solid but no stars...but making an offer on someone like Shaq would be too tough a deal plus i dont want to give away anyone from my star studded lineup of Hill, T-Mac, MJ, Reef, Cassell etc etc...

But if you do want somebody from my list i will listen....

Man Jod, you sound like COllingwood's head recruiter, want champions but want to give up hacks :D

Look, i'm quite happy to keep Shaq but if the right deal came up i'd happily offload him.

BTW Your squad is way to unbalanced to win anything, you've got 5 star guards/small forwards and complete duds in the middle, wait until you play a perfectly balanced team ;) :D

Originally posted by phatandphreaky

Man Jod, you sound like COllingwood's head recruiter, want champions but want to give up hacks :D

Look, i'm quite happy to keep Shaq but if the right deal came up i'd happily offload him.

BTW Your squad is way to unbalanced to win anything, you've got 5 star guards/small forwards and complete duds in the middle, wait until you play a perfectly balanced team ;) :D

Pfft...thats where the game is, Hill, T-mac, Reef, MJ...they do it all, boards, points, steals, assists, shoot well from the floor. My big men are there for blocks and boards and Fortson and Davis still get around 10 ppg. Then i have Cassell, Nash and Parker who can score and dish out plenty of assists and steals then we have another couple of quality bigmen in Willis and Grant who is injured right now. Then there last years rookie of the year in Miller who having a great second year and Kukoc a nice swingman who has been hot and cold this year.

I have without doubt the best lineup in the fantasy comp & there is no way i wont win the comp :D

we have another couple of quality bigmen in Willis

HAHA What, are you stuck in 1990? :D

Next you'll be rapping up the latest form of Chief Parish and Moses Malone :D

HAHA What, are you stuck in 1990? :D

Next you'll be rapping up the latest form of Chief Parish and Moses Malone :D

LOL So Willis isnt exactly young but he is just filling the gap until Brian Grant returns...Willis though is actually playing pretty well, he is averaging 9.6ppg and 8.5rpg.

But you cant argue that against my lineup, clearly the best in the comp.

LOL So Willis isnt exactly young but he is just filling the gap until Brian Grant returns...Willis though is actually playing pretty well, he is averaging 9.6ppg and 8.5rpg.

But you cant argue that against my lineup, clearly the best in the comp.

Fair enough, Willis ain't doing too badly for an Amityville reject.

BTW I will guarantee that i will outscore and out rebound you when we meet.
I've THRASHED every team in both categories.

Cheers

Fair enough, Willis ain't doing too badly for an Amityville reject.

Cheers

LMAO!!! You wont beat me in either....who are your scorers...you've got Shaq, Van Exel and Peirce who are reliable big scorers but then it tapers off dramatically. Mercer is hot and cold, Van Horn and Marshall are solid but thats it.

Anderson, Smith, Williams, Johnson, Wesley....LOL

And your rebounders..Shaq is obviously a big rebounder but then you have Van Horn and Marshall who are good for 7 or 8 a game. Thats it.

Scorers for the Thrillers though...proven big time scorers include, Jordan, T-Mac, Reef, Cassell, Hill and even Cliff Robinson is having a career year and scoring around 22 23 a night. Complimentary scorers in Miller, Kukoc, Parker and Nash.

Rebounders - Fortson, the current league leader, Davis getting 10 a game then theres a host of big guards who grab 7+ boards a game. Hill is somewhere around 9 a game, Jordan, T-Mac getting 6, 7 boards a game. Willis averaging 8.5 in the absence of Grant. Not to forget Reef who is a great rebounder.

We will kill you.

LMAO!!! You wont beat me in either....who are your scorers...you've got Shaq, Van Exel and Peirce who are reliable big scorers but then it tapers off dramatically. Mercer is hot and cold, Van Horn and Marshall are solid but thats it.

Anderson, Smith, Williams, Johnson, Wesley....LOL

Scorers for the Thrillers though...proven big time scorers include, Jordan, T-Mac, Reef, Cassell, Hill and even Cliff Robinson is having a career year and scoring around 22 23 a night. Complimentary scorers in Miller, Kukoc, Parker and Nash.

Robinson averages 19 not "22 23"

Right so Hill is a "big time scorer" and Marshall and Van Horn is "solid but thats it"?

Hill averages 16.8 ppg Marshall averages 19.6, Van Horn 17.2 and that "hot and cold" Mercer averages 17.4

Kukoc is a "complimentary scorer"? He gets 8 a night, yet you laugh at my guys that get 14, 15,15 and 12. You are hilarious

You say my team "tapers off dramatically"
yet you've got 5 players averaging 10 or less, i've got 2.

BTW My team average 16.15 points per player and your's averages 15.89.
I've got the 1st, 3rd and 5th leading scorers in the league

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

What you don't know about the NBA would fill up the entire A-K of the phone book.

My team is a significantly better scoring side then yours.

And your rebounders..Shaq is obviously a big rebounder but then you have Van Horn and Marshall who are good for 7 or 8 a game. Thats it.
Rebounders - Fortson, the current league leader, Davis getting 10 a game then theres a host of big guards who grab 7+ boards a game. Hill is somewhere around 9 a game, Jordan, T-Mac getting 6, 7 boards a game. Willis averaging 8.5 in the absence of Grant. Not to forget Reef who is a great rebounder.

We will kill you.

Right lets look at the falsehoods in this one.

Fortson IS NOT the league leader.
Davis gets 9 not 10

Jesus only two inaccuracies in that statement, that must be a record for ya Jod.

Oh no you also missed LaFrentz's 7.4 rebounds

Seriously Jod, do some research before you make ridiculous statements, this is the third time you've made completely ignorant and WRONG statements.

hahahhaahahhaha...

well, wait until chris webber comes back... i'll come stormin back..

plus, i'm sure i'm gonna win it all now..

according to devo, i've picked up the best player in the league right now.... derek fisher! hhahah... :p

Robinson averages 19 not "22 23"

Right so Hill is a "big time scorer" and Marshall and Van Horn is "solid but thats it"?

Hill averages 16.8 ppg Marshall averages 19.6, Van Horn 17.2 and that "hot and cold" Mercer averages 17.4

Kukoc is a "complimentary scorer"? He gets 8 a night, yet you laugh at my guys that get 14, 15,15 and 12. You are hilarious

You say my team "tapers off dramatically"
yet you've got 5 players averaging 10 or less, i've got 2.

BTW My team average 16.15 points per player and your's averages 15.89.
I've got the 1st, 3rd and 5th leading scorers in the league

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

What you don't know about the NBA would fill up the entire A-K of the phone book.

My team is a significantly better scoring side then yours.

Right lets look at the falsehoods in this one.

Fortson IS NOT the league leader.
Davis gets 9 not 10

Jesus only two inaccuracies in that statement, that must be a record for ya Jod.

Oh no you also missed LaFrentz's 7.4 rebounds

Seriously Jod, do some research before you make ridiculous statements, this is the third time you've made completely ignorant and WRONG statements.

Geez man calm down, i pulled those stats off the top of my head. I was pretty close on most of them. Ok here we go.

Robinson actually averages 19.8 ppg which is more than both Marshall and Van Horn. Fair enough Hill has a lower average at the moment but the difference between Hill being a big time scorer and Van Horn/Marshall not being big time scorers is the ability to post big numbers. Hill is only averaging 16.8 but you never know when he could drop 40 on you. Van Horn actually really does get 17 each and every game, he doesnt make his average by getting 9 one game then 35 the next etc...you get what i mean. If you know basketball you will know Hill is a better scorer than those two.

Apologise for Kukoc, thought he was going better, he is capable of putting up 15 a night but is having a bad season and i may end up leaving Willis on my list and dumping Kukoc when Grant comes back.

This is where you start to get nice and innacurate. I have 2 players scoring less than 10 a game. Kukoc at 8.2 and Willis at 9.6, you have only 1 player doing this, Anderson at 6.7. Now it is you who should get your facts right.

A couple of days ago when i last looked at the stats Fortson was leading the league, big deal a couple of days later he is in second after an 8 rebound effort yesterday...geez you pick on everything to make me look bad and then there is the Davis get 9 not 10 LOL 9.3 to be exact, talk about picky.

Here it is to sum up for you.

Blings
O'Neal - 26.5 - 11.6
LaFrentz - 12.4 - 7.1
Van Horn - 17.2 - 7.6
Marshall - 19.6 - 8.4
Wesley - 15.3 - 2.0
Williams - 14.6 - 2.9
Gasol - 14.8 - 6.4
Van Exel - 27.2 - 3.7
Smith - 13.8 - 2.4
Anderson - 6.7 - 3.9
Mercer - 17.4 - 3.5
Johnson - 10.5 - 4.6
Peirce - 26.4 - 7.3

Thrillers
Fortson - 10.7 - 12.9
Davis - 10.9 - 9.3
Hill - 16.8 - 8.9
Abdur Rahim - 21.9 - 10.5
Willis - 9.6 - 8.5
McGrady - 24.9 - 6.8
Jordan - 26.0 - 6.6
Cassell - 18.3 - 3.7
Nash - 17.4 - 2.8
Parker - 12.1 - 3.2
Kukoc - 8.2 - 3.5
Miller - 16.0 - 4.1
Robinson - 19.8 - 5.2

Blings win the scoring in total 222.4 to 212.6 but the Thrillers take the rebounds 86 to 71.4

Take from that what you will but trust me the Thrillers will beat your punk ass when the time comes :D

P.S - you best hope that you take me on before Brian Grant gets healthy and start posting 15 and 8 like last year. Remove Kukocs 8 and 3 and replace it with 15 and 8!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers

That is a very funny comment there P&P.

Care to venture back to week 3 buddy??

________________FG% FT% 3PTM PTS REB AST ST BLK TO
Team Collingwood .476 .756 31 672 240 139 58 32 98 7
Amityville Blings .458 .677 33 612 202 112 31 27 68 2

Now what was that you were saying about your scoring and rebounding abilities?

Team Collingwood all the way (although the Thrillers are teaching me a bball lesson at the moment).

This is where you start to get nice and innacurate. I have 2 players scoring less than 10 a game. Kukoc at 8.2 and Willis at 9.6, you have only 1 player doing this, Anderson at 6.7. Now it is you who should get your facts right.

Actually Jod go back and re read my post, i said "averaging 10 or less", that is not the same is "averaging less than 10".

Apology accepted;)

Originally posted by OutKast

That is a very funny comment there P&P.

Care to venture back to week 3 buddy??

My bad, so i had one bad week, every other week i've dominated in those stats, only to lose out on dodgy categories like FT% and Turnovers.

Coxon Coxon Coxon,

Man you think i'm silly? Trying to offload your crocs on me :D

Coxon Coxon Coxon,

Man you think i'm silly? Trying to offload your crocs on me :D

hey... and, not exactly crocs...
i've totalled the main stats eg. pts, rbs, as, st, bl...
and the agg scores are

coleman/j.o'neal, stevie franchise
(56.3pts, 26.8rb, 9.2as, 3st, 3.2bl)

van horn/shaq/j.williams
(57.8pts, 22rb, 13.2as, 3.7st, 3.8bl)

plus, u've got erratic shooters in vanhorn & jason brick williams... and shaq at the free throw line is a downer..

so... its quite a close/even trade... ;)

Originally posted by coxon

hey... and, not exactly crocs...
i've totalled the main stats eg. pts, rbs, as, st, bl...
and the agg scores are

coleman/j.o'neal, stevie franchise
(56.3pts, 26.8rb, 9.2as, 3st, 3.2bl)

van horn/shaq/j.williams
(57.8pts, 22rb, 13.2as, 3.7st, 3.8bl)

plus, u've got erratic shooters in vanhorn & jason brick williams... and shaq at the free throw line is a downer..

so... its quite a close/even trade... ;)

It's just the red ink that worries me ;)

"Croc" : See Scott Cummings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back