Fantasy EPL - 18/19

Remove this Banner Ad

It's back!

And as always, tough as ever. Salah is the most expensive player at 13.

Jatz will you renew last year's league so it all just rolls over?

I'll be there as Public Emery No. 1 :D
Can do. Although I was thinking about creating a new one so I can ask everyone’s name when they get the code. We still have no idea who won last season. Would prefer to know who’s playing so we know who we’re competing against.

I’ll see what everyone else thinks, whether they’d prefer the above or if they’re just happy for me to roll it over.

I’d prefer a new one, but maybe can roll over last years & create a new “VIP” one? Saying this as pretty sure I came 2nd out of BF posters last year but 4/5 in the comp :p

I'd start up a new one so we know who everyone is, makes it much easier.

Also Kane doesn't score in August, so starting with Salah. I started with Kane last season and it was painful.

FPL.png

:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The World Cup is going to screw with team selection to start the season. A whole heap of popular players might not even play the first couple of gameweeks, throwing team selection into chaos. This will not be easy.

The World Cup is going to screw with team selection to start the season. A whole heap of popular players might not even play the first couple of gameweeks, throwing team selection into chaos. This will not be easy.

Kane could be one of those players. Something to think about at least.

Really struggling to nail my side. Not starting with either Salah or Kane. Going with Mane/Aubemeyang as a cheaper alternative.

Not sold on Martial (in fact, he won't be in the side) but I can't figure out who I prefer at that price. Could get Pogba but he's a bit meh.

Wood is also a bit weak but Burnley have a decent start to the season.

upload_2018-7-18_11-7-59.png

Really struggling to nail my side. Not starting with either Salah or Kane. Going with Mane/Aubemeyang as a cheaper alternative.

Not sold on Martial (in fact, he won't be in the side) but I can't figure out who I prefer at that price. Could get Pogba but he's a bit meh.

Wood is also a bit weak but Burnley have a decent start to the season.

View attachment 529036

Very weak defence. I'd be looking at getting 3 cheapish defenders from big clubs to lock in.

Any suggestions? I was looking at Kolasinac and Liechsteiner but I don't know about their job security. Danilo was another one but again, will he play?

From having a look at the guy who won last season and how his team progressed from the start, he was very minimalist on his speculative picks, and also held off on pulling the trigger too quickly. I think it underlines that people sometimes over think this game and it costs them (either through points spent on transfers, or missing out on good players because they go out of your price range). As such, my team looks like this at the moment, but will probably be subject to change based on transfers coming into the league:

upload_2018-7-18_12-16-27.png

Very nice team there SM

This is mine, but I'll probably change it a heap before the season actually starts.

View attachment 529072
Think sessegnon is way overpriced. Chance of him being a hit straight away is low-ish, and with his ownership it means a decent chance he drops in price.

But who knows, could hit the ground running. Bit too risky for me though, especially in midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back