coxon

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2000
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Vandelay Industries waive F/C Marc Jackson
October 31, 2001

Sydney, Australia (SportsTICKER) -- Vandelay Industries on Friday waived center Marc Jackson, a 2nd year player who was a strong contender for rookie of the year in the 2000-01 season.

The 6-10 who averaged 13.2 points and 7.5 rebounds last year in his rookie season, was having trouble playing himself into shape this year. He played in two of the final three exhibition games for Golden State but had trouble finishing around the basket and struggled at the defensive end.

Team manager and coach, Coxon advised he was fed up with the lacklustre performance of Jackson, which had prompted his decision to dump the promising 2nd yr center and sign former #1 pick, Joe Smith.

Jackson may have other offers, most notably with the Amityville Blings, who did show interest in the preseason.

Originally posted by coxon
Jackson may have other offers, most notably with the Amityville Blings, who did show interest in the preseason.

I'm in like Flynn mate.

Cheers

Just read on the sheets that he's unlikely to get any real court time until the end of November.
Not quite as keen to pick him up now.

Cheers

hehehe... ah... frickin piss me off... when a player doesnt even get on the court..
for the last game, i think he got about 4mins... got one rebound.. arh... i cant take it anymore!!! hehe..

so, i've picked up joe smith.... who should do a consistent 15-8 a game..

yepp.. alot of frontcourt guys he has to wait behind for minutes... might try to get him back later.. but at the moment.. had to let him go..

Just dropping Tyrone Hill, can do me no good if he is injured. Picking up Harpring just to get me some stats. I want a first up win against Vandelay and i closed the gap to 5 - 3 with one category tied...so im coming back.

The Amityville Blings just signed Memphis PG Jason Williams from the waiver list, releasing PG Mark Jackson in the process.

I was quite suprised that no one else tried to claim Jason Williams during his waiver period, he gonna post 12 points, 8 assists and 3 steals a night, a definite bargain.

Cheers

yeah.. saw that u signed him..
i didnt realise he was released )*(&$#@!

anyway.. i hope he drags down your fg% with his wild bricks!! hehe.. j/k :pP

yeah man, nice catchup...
the week will end today (our mon = their sun. games)
hopefully, i can just hang on and squeeze out a win

Last day today. Looks like Coxon's gonna win given that he's got more players suiting up today.

My blings need someone capable of increasing my FT %, although Shaq's going .700 but he takes so many damn free throws, it drags me down.

Cheers

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
Last day today. Looks like Coxon's gonna win given that he's got more players suiting up today.

My blings need someone capable of increasing my FT %, although Shaq's going .700 but he takes so many damn free throws, it drags me down.

Cheers

i need some 3pt shooters...
cant believe allan houston is available at the moment on waivers...

ehehe.. tho its early, shaq is like mark price from the free throw line so far... haha...

Originally posted by coxon

i need some 3pt shooters...
cant believe allan houston is available at the moment on waivers...

You going after Houston?? I thought about it but couldn't justify losing one of my established guards.

Not only do i need to improve my FT% but u need to reduce my turnovers (I'm losing by about 40 in the first match).

Cheers

Gee, Lorenzen Wright had a career game today, 33 points and 25 rebounds, i didn't think he was capable of putting up numbers like that.

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You going after Houston?? I thought about it but couldn't justify losing one of my established guards.

Not only do i need to improve my FT% but u need to reduce my turnovers (I'm losing by about 40 in the first match).

Cheers

nah, dont think i'll drop a player to get him...
he scores ok... 18-20... but, doesnt do much else..
plus as one of the best shooters, he doesnt actually hoist that many 3pt shots...

Gee, Lorenzen Wright had a career game today, 33 points and 25 rebounds, i didn't think he was capable of putting up numbers like that.

Cheers

He sure did, but that still wasn't enough for me to get the win today...I was pretty happy drafting Lorenzen but thought it might take a bit longer for him to put up numbers anywhere near that, so yeah i'm rapt.
And sorry to be picky but it was 33 and 26.:D

You guys beat me to it but i was going to mention the two big games from Lorenzen and Danny Fortson.

33 and 26 from Wright!!! and 17 and 21 from Fortson. Glad i have Fortson .... thanks Coxon :D

But i went down in week 1, 5 - 4. Not bad though as i thought i would be 0 - 1 but you get all the points so if i was going to lose im glad it wasnt 9 - 0!

Plus i have got the Rock n Rolas who are in last this week. :D

Originally posted by jod23
Trades finished for the year??

Everybody went quiet?

I want Mo Petersen :) or Joe Johnson....any takers?

I was wondering the same thing... how come noone wants to trade during the season, I know my team can still improve.
I'm still looking for a good Small Forward...

yeah.. last day for trades is in feb something... %#@

mo petersen eh..
lemme take a look...

gotta check what i need.. the team def need some improving..

haha...how appropriate...
fortson's line today... 16pt 16rb !!

Originally posted by jod23
Trades finished for the year??

Everybody went quiet?

I want Mo Petersen :) or Joe Johnson....any takers?

Joe Johnson, mmm interesting, put something up jod and i'll consider it.

Coxon,you know who Joe Johnson is now? :)

I've proposed a few trades in the last few days but hawkfan5 and some other dude aren't checking their email.

I'm basically screwed for this week because i've only got half as many games as my opponent.

Cheers

Amityville Blings have just signed Portland player Ruben Patterson, he's served his suspension for attempted rape and now he's back to being a respected member of society :).

I'm quite suprised that in his first game back he was given a stack of court time straight up.

Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back