Strategy Fantasy Planning..What do you do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
This year I have created a spreadsheet for the first time for my planning, and I was just wondering who else does, what is in your spreadsheet or what else do you use?

My spreadsheet simply has the players I might have in my team, their priced @ avg, expected avg, then I move the expected avg to a column for each version of a team I make. That column has a total at the bottom so I can work out my best team!
Out of interest my best team I can some up with (based on averages) is 1966 with no captain!

Do people use round by round expected averages?

This year I have created a spreadsheet for the first time for my planning, and I was just wondering who else does, what is in your spreadsheet or what else do you use?

My spreadsheet simply has the players I might have in my team, their priced @ avg, expected avg, then I move the expected avg to a column for each version of a team I make. That column has a total at the bottom so I can work out my best team!
Out of interest my best team I can some up with (based on averages) is 1966 with no captain!

Do people use round by round expected averages?
In my spreadsheet, the 3 most important areas I look at:

1. 3 Year averages ....looking at trends

2. TOG ....it impacted Freo's Brayshaw, becuase of the low TOG he was having

3. CBA's ....who's getting time in the midfield, what trends are changing thru the season

I usually have a spready for organising, it hasn't helped my inner car hunter so far! It's evolved this year again and I'm trying to find value over and above scoring history. Also a seperate spready for rookie selections which takes note of preffered options and round 1 rollout.

Last edited:

In my spreadsheet, the 3 most important areas I look at:

1. 3 Year averages ....looking at trends

2. TOG ....it impacted Freo's Brayshaw, becuase of the low TOG he was having

3. CBA's ....who's getting time in the midfield, what trends are changing thru the season
On that, do we see his TOG increasing at all this year? PPM is great but his TOG is horrible... last 3 years
2020 75%
2019 71%
2018 67%

Yeah, happy to .....I've got the 2020 figures ....they were freely available

2021 All setup, ready to go .....just let me know what you need

2020 CBA's

View attachment 1074973
Interesting question on CBA's......has anyone done a correlation to see if they are directly related to scoring output, particularly for mid fielders?
SLoane for example attended 81% of CBA's in rd1 but only scored 49 (60 BCV) but in rd 6 he scored 72 (88 BCV) but only attended 37% of CBA's?

Take someone like Merrett. He has nearly twice the UP as he does CP, so in theory it doesn't matter as much if he is at a CB.

Secondly, someone like Cripps seems to only get a handball or 2 at CBA's but get's more kicks and handballs at stoppages around the ground.

And thirdly, what is the % of CB's to stoppages elsewhere around the ground? If only 20 goals are scores for a game and there are 40 stoppages, well then in makes CB's even less relevant.

Interesting question on CBA's......has anyone done a correlation to see if they are directly related to scoring output, particularly for mid fielders?

Take someone like Merrett. He has nearly twice the UP as he does CP, so in theory it doesn't matter as much if he is at a CB.

Secondly, someone like Cripps seems to only get a handball or 2 at CBA's but get's more kicks and handballs at stoppages around the ground.

And thirdly, what is the % of CB's to stoppages elsewhere around the ground? If only 20 goals are scores for a game and there are 40 stoppages, well then in makes CB's even less relevant.
Take Dusty as an example of your thought .....he attends a CBA and then drifts down to FF

Take Dusty as an example of your thought .....he attends a CBA and then drifts down to FF
Dusty is an odd one too as he does seem to have a high kick/disp per CBA. Same as JDG.
I edited the above post, have a look at Sloane's numbers from last year!!

Basically I have decided to not really worry about CBA's as they are too many anomalies to get a clear data picture for mine

Dusty is an odd one too as he does seem to have a high kick/disp per CBA. Same as JDG.

Basically I have decided to not really worry about CBA's as they are too many anomalies to get a clear data picture for mine
I prefer with Mids in particular, to look at the combo .... TOG and CBA's

1615434018939.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If only this was my FT job and I had access to all the data! It would be so much easier to make a data based decision!

The issue is, does Brayshaw have an ability to play a secondary position .....FWD or Back ?

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back