Analysis Fantasy questions - AFL Fantasy, SC and DT ask here!

Remove this Banner Ad

L Dizz

Team Captain
Jun 26, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Firstly, I didn't catch any of the game on the weekend, but I'm wondering what happened with Shiel and to a lesser extent Whitfield?

I only ask because Shiel had a bit on a down week last week too and I'm wondering if I should switch him to Coniglio.

I'd rather not burn a trade at this time of the year, so I'll probably hold if you think Shiel and Coniglio will be relatively even as the season progresses.

Thoughts?

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Firstly, I didn't catch any of the game on the weekend, but I'm wondering what happened with Shiel and to a lesser extent Whitfield?

I only ask because Shiel had a bit on a down week last week too and I'm wondering if I should switch him to Coniglio.

I'd rather not burn a trade at this time of the year, so I'll probably hold if you think Shiel and Coniglio will be relatively even as the season progresses.

Thoughts?
Hard to read. Shiel was missing targets a bit on Saturday night but did some good things. Cogs has come out firing this year. As the year progresses Cogs might be a bit less noticeable as he's likely to get "run with" roles more I think. That might affect his stats.

Edit: Omitted that Shiel seems over his shoulder trouble and I'm confident he'll find his touch and timing and have a better year than last year.

Last edited:

rimb

Team Captain
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong

Thoughts?

Think Whitfield got a fair bit of attention from Hewett. Hopefully that's not a trend that continues!

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Think Whitfield got a fair bit of attention from Hewett. Hopefully that's not a trend that continues!
I didn't like the way Lachie wasn't supported. It's minor but it wasn't just Hewitt. They were obviously trying to put him off, surrounding him and pushing and shoving at times. Swans often target one oppo player they think they can get to who might hurt them. Nothing really wrong with it, it's a tough sport, but his teammates should have got around him more in my view.

Raymann

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2010
australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
I didn't like the way Lachie wasn't supported. It's minor but it wasn't just Hewitt. They were obviously trying to put him off, surrounding him and pushing and shoving at times. Swans often target one oppo player they think they can get to who might hurt them. Nothing really wrong with it, it's a tough sport, but his teammates should have got around him more in my view.
Totally agree. Thought he should have got a bit of help

Deledio. Had him in my team all preseason, but avoided. What sort of role is he playing? His scoring is all over the place.

Spends time in the middle, but also pops up all over the place. He's probably more of a winger than anything, which can be very sporadic in its scoring at GWS (cf: Scully, Whitfield, in previous years).

van peebles

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
To anybody who cares.
I cant comput r very good.
Have been in supercoach for years without drama.
This year cant even adjust anything on team as it wont let me trade.
Tried everything so far.
??????????????

To anybody who cares.
I cant comput r very good.
Have been in supercoach for years without drama.
This year cant even adjust anything on team as it wont let me trade.
Tried everything so far.
??????????????
With that page open hold down the shift key and press F5.
You've almost certainly been logged out and are looking at a cached page

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Gday GWS crew, will ZGL be back next week?
Somebody else might have some insight. I don't know. Will he be fully fit, his reported recovery seemed absurdly quick for a broken bone. Is he preferred over Daniel Loyyd and Sam Reid and will Kelly be ready to come back in all matter.
I like the cut of his jib and I hope so.

Bogan Juniors

Club Legend
GWS Giants Team Board Tipping A Star Wars Fan
Feb 20, 2012
Orange
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Leicester City FC
If you have him in SC hold, he will be back and is on the bubble. If you dont have him he will be a must have downgrade first game back.

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Gday guys. Just wondering if Taranto is now a main stay in the midfield? Been killing it so far, 95 AF average. A lot have noted that his midfield time might disappear when Kelly returns, is that the case, or is he now locked into a midfield role? Cheers in advance

Gday guys. Just wondering if Taranto is now a main stay in the midfield? Been killing it so far, 95 AF average. A lot have noted that his midfield time might disappear when Kelly returns, is that the case, or is he now locked into a midfield role? Cheers in advance
No, he is definitely not locked into the mids, all hands on deck and he is a Fwd who goes mid, not the other way around

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
What’s the diagnosis on ZGL?
Leon seemed to say it was advice not to take a risk last weekend. He was wearing a pressure bandage only after the game. Other than that the injury report should be on our website this afternoon is all I know.
Odd thing is for a first year low draft pick, I think his soeed and energy is important to us, and we'll miss him if he doesn't play.

May 4, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
No, he is definitely not locked into the mids, all hands on deck and he is a Fwd who goes mid, not the other way around
So... Taranto over Lids? ;)

Just popping by from the AFL dream team board. Wanted to see what the chances of Kelly getting up this week? He's been sitting on my pine or the last 3 weeks, and dont really want to do another week.

So... Taranto over Lids? ;)

Just popping by from the AFL dream team board. Wanted to see what the chances of Kelly getting up this week? He's been sitting on my pine or the last 3 weeks, and dont really want to do another week.

Nothing about Lids to suggest he is less fragile than before imo.
Kelly was initially likely to be back this week but heard that may not be the case..

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Gday guys, need a defensive downgrade this week, who's more likely to play through the byes out of Keeffe and Cumming?

I'm leaning towards Cumming even though he's only played the one game, but Keeffe is on the bubble this week at least, but I feel he's only in the team temporarily due to your injury/form problems with your ruck forward division, would this be correct or can he play with Patton when he comes back in?

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Gday guys, need a defensive downgrade this week, who's more likely to play through the byes out of Keeffe and Cumming?

I'm leaning towards Cumming even though he's only played the one game, but Keeffe is on the bubble this week at least, but I feel he's only in the team temporarily due to your injury/form problems with your ruck forward division, would this be correct or can he play with Patton when he comes back in?
That's tough.

I do think Keefe wont play if Lobb and Patton do. Question is will Patton turn it around quickly, we'd desperately hope so.

I'm heavily biased towards Cumming obviously but with Buntine going well in the NEAFL he will come under pressure I think. He fought well and was one of the few to hit his targets by foot last week though.

Feel free to wait for a second opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back