Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
I don't play fantasy football myself, but there has been a number of posts clogging up a variety of threads from opposition supporters that usually begin with the statement

No fantasy thread created so will ask here, what's the go with....

Well now there is a fantasy thread created. It is this one

Please don't pollute other threads with fantasy questions. I'm sure someone who does play the systems will be able to give you an answer to most of what you're after.

Good luck with your fantasy team... (Just not with your real one;))

Not so much fantasy related, but how's Pickett coming along?

I think quite good. He is working on his defensive game a bit. Had a long chat to his dad at the intra club at the start of the year (where he was among the best on) and he was saying that as a kid he'd played pretty much as a mid/wing/high half fwd but since coming to the Giants he's been moved into that small forward pocket roll and it took him a long time to find his feet and begin to understand how to play there.

His confidence has grown enormously and his tank is building and he will spend most of this year learning at the feet of Stevie J. Don't expect too many games from him until next year when Stevie moves into coaching full time.

But man, he definitely has that X-factor and could be anything. Still very young though.

Why is Zac Williams not getting a game? I thought he was good during the NAB. Last year he was excellent in a few games
A little bit hard done by, perhaps, but he's one of several medium-small rebounding defenders who are all in good form at present. Last year the battle was between he, Adam Kennedy, Curtley Hampton & Nathan Wilson - in which he and Nate Wilson came out in front by season's end, which squeezed Curtley out of the club. This year Wilson started off brilliantly in NAB Challenge, so locked up one spot. I thought Zac didn't do too much wrong in NAB or pre-season overall (that I saw), but neither did Adam Kennedy and Kenners got the nod for the team in the first round & held it for round 2.

Zac is thereabouts - named as emergency for round 2, and in amongst those named as 'best' in the NEAFL this week. So, he's not far off and any drop in form by Wilson or Kennedy or an injury would presumably see him a really good chance to return to first grade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to say. I mean really hard to say. I hope so. There's no reason why he can't (injuries aside). He's just tipped over the 100 game mark, he's not far off turning 25 and he doesn't have to worry about the burden (what there is of it) of being one of the club's vice captains. He can just get out there and play. We all know he can run.... and run.... and run. In the last couple of weeks he's been amongst our best.

From the start of the club he had a role, at 20 he was one of the 'veterans' in a leadership role and for for the first couple of years his role on field was very much on the defensive side of the square. Everyone seems to think that non-key-forward former number 1 picks need to be flashy and rack up the possessions. He sacrificed all that (and copped all the s#*t that went with it) to play the team role. To do the team thing. Our make-up and resultant needs meant that Scully was often, I think, unfairly maligned, because you didn't see the work he did off the ball.

Team structure has changed, with personnel and with experience. The 'nurturing' done. He is playing with more freedom, it looks a little as if he's been let of the leash. It's about time. Let's see what he can do.

Can he maintain it? I think Yes
Will he maintain it? It's been two weeks... we'll see what happens next.

what is the deal with devon smith
he is still getting the touched but goals/marks drying up

different role?
thanks

what is the deal with devon smith
he is still getting the touched but goals/marks drying up

different role?
thanks

Has been running more through the midfield than previously.

A lot of fwd pockets think they can be midfielders (and midfielders hope to retire to the fwd pocket late in careers)

Dev is in the "give me more time in the middle" phase before going back up front. Stevie J takes up a lot of room up there;)

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows what's up with Dylan Shiel. His Time on Ground today was just 66% and for most games this season his Time on Ground has been in the low 70s. I have him in a few fantasy teams (as you probably guessed) so I keep a close eye on him during games. He's still explosive out of packs but when either team has possession of the ball he seems completely disinterested in chasing the opposition down or providing a passing option.

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows what's up with Dylan Shiel. His Time on Ground today was just 66% and for most games this season his Time on Ground has been in the low 70s. I have him in a few fantasy teams (as you probably guessed) so I keep a close eye on him during games. He's still explosive out of packs but when either team has possession of the ball he seems completely disinterested in chasing the opposition down or providing a passing option.

Came here to ask the same thing - his stats didn't change from about 5 minutes into the last quarter. I assumed he was off for the rest of the game ...

Came here to ask the same thing - his stats didn't change from about 5 minutes into the last quarter. I assumed he was off for the rest of the game ...
He was definitely on the field during the last quarter. Not sure how long for though. It seemed like he played around the first half of each quarter and then was left on the bench for the remaining half. Surely his endurance isn't the issue... he looks like he spends every waking moment in training

I'd guess from the lack of response here that none of us really have an answer for you on this. He looked good in preseason training, and he plays really sublimely in patches, but apart from probably last week, his form this year seems more patchy than the same time last year when he was really carving it up. Really fit, so can't think that the new rule would be affecting him, but TOG was a bit down today. Perhaps just how LC was handling the interchange cap?

If my wife is tickling my appendage with a feather but I'd prefer her to use Grade 3 sand paper, am I a deviant?

What's that?

Oh...Fantasy Football!

As you were.

Hey all,
Mostly sc related, looking at bringing in Zac Williams, easily my favorite giants player, absolutely love him. Just wondering what his job security is like? Was shocked he didn't play round1
Cheers in advance.

Hey all,
Mostly sc related, looking at bringing in Zac Williams, easily my favorite giants player, absolutely love him. Just wondering what his job security is like? Was shocked he didn't play round1
Cheers in advance.
This week will tell, if Haynes comes back and he stays in his JS is bloody good, if not, well you'll get the answer either way

Hey all,
Cheers in advance.

Job security is looking better and better each week. Picked up coaches votes this week, so should be safe for a few more at least. Great article in the telegraph (I know, I know, you wouldn't think it possible but there you go) where he was saying that not playing rounds 1&2 has really spurred him on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back