Resource FAQs: Rules, Regulations and Resources for Player Movements in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this current?
Carlton apparently adding a 3rd Cat B for list size of 45
The new CBA is the same as that yes. This whole thread will be getting an update once the mods have a chance to go through the new CBA and cross check it all.

If you’re getting a second Irishman it’ll be a cat A spot

The new CBA is the same as that yes. This whole thread will be getting an update once the mods have a chance to go through the new CBA and cross check it all.

If you’re getting a second Irishman it’ll be a cat A spot
Yes under current rules I can see that we could get additional internationals under 10.1c but they would take Cat A list spots.
With the Fantasia news last night we're one over by my reckoning.
There seems to be expectations of changing rules or perhaps an exemption.

Yes under current rules I can see that we could get additional internationals under 10.1c but they would take Cat A list spots.
With the Fantasia news last night we're one over by my reckoning.
There seems to be expectations of changing rules or perhaps an exemption.
Nah it’s not changing. We have the new CBA (available on the AFLPA website) and that part is the same

Something I'm obviously misunderstanding - the current draft order has the Bulldogs and Gold Coast taking 10 picks each to the draft. Do they have that many open list spots?

Something I'm obviously misunderstanding - the current draft order has the Bulldogs and Gold Coast taking 10 picks each to the draft. Do they have that many open list spots?
Nope. Once the final draft order is confirmed the picks they aren’t eligible for will be removed.

List sizes won’t be confirmed and the draft order finalised until after the DFA period and pick trades have concluded a few days before the draft.

Nope. Once the final draft order is confirmed the picks they aren’t eligible for will be removed.

List sizes won’t be confirmed and the draft order finalised until after the DFA period and pick trades have concluded a few days before the draft.
Cheers. Makes me wonder how Hawthorn with 4 open list spots are going to elevate Newcombe AND match bids for McCabe and Dear.

Cheers. Makes me wonder how Hawthorn with 4 open list spots are going to elevate Newcombe AND match bids for McCabe and Dear.
Magic Fingers Family GIF

Basically the AFL's website indicative order article is projected out to fill 5 rounds ie 18 x 5 = 90 + the 5 compo picks added in, is why they put all picks clubs have up to pick # 95. It doesn't mean individual clubs have that many free slots on their lists as per the allocated picks in the article.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back