Resource FAQs: Rules, Regulations and Resources for Player Movements in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Lore

Moderator ❀
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
This thread will contain information about all the rules of drafting, trading and free agency that are relevant to the AFL.

We will also link to relevant resources both on bigfooty and around the web for your convenience.

Index

Club List Management

Salary Cap & Salaries
Trading Picks and Players
Drafts
Father-son and Academy players
Free Agency

Threadmarks
This feature allows you to view a list of the posts which have been marked by a moderator, for example the start of a section or significant event in the thread.

It can be accessed at the top right corner of any thread where the feature has been set up.
AQKfwbmjLQj7thrjhaANQGYyy0Gukv3Wz6_Ek1eGAiL6SuHEtF3sSxDvx8YG0_TjbH2cvS-DtPSzM6zY-5ApYIrOwecSO8mv7L_Auz36rDRzDObBWPjXW_Gaaw5dXKBQVGsyXbSp

The first option on the threadmarks menu will enable you to skip to the section of the thread which is most relevant to you.

You can also put the threadmarked posts into reader mode, which will allow you to view all of the threadmarked posts without the other stuff in between.

Once you are viewing a threadmarked post you can also utilise the arrows at the top and bottom of the post to jump to the next threadmarked post.

Last edited:

footyfan1978

Hall of Famer
Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
I would suggest it’s probably out of date. Several clubs on 34 or 35 are under and a couple more on 39. I’m quite sure they don’t all have concessions.

Everything always is out of date at this time of year, it’s too much for any 3rd party website to keep track of as list changes aren’t always publicly reported and there’s 800-odd players you would have to be dead accurate about.

The only organisation that would know the details of all clubs is AFL HQ, and they’re not talking.
Yep, good summary of how hard it is for fans outside AFL HQ to be certain on it all. Certainly for Gold Coast I cannot find anything solid on if they have any limit to rookie list for this new season beyond what they were listed in assistance package so doubt they limited to 44 overall.

A lot of clubs passed on picks in various drafts so those under 44 probably that way on purpose as want to leave spots in SPP and next year mid-season rookie draft.

Lore

Moderator ❀
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Yep, good summary of how hard it is for fans outside AFL HQ to be certain on it all. Certainly for Gold Coast I cannot find anything solid on if they have any limit to rookie list for this new season beyond what they were listed in assistance package so doubt they limited to 44 overall.

A lot of clubs passed on picks in various drafts so those under 44 probably that way on purpose as want to leave spots in SPP and next year mid-season rookie draft.
Or there are delistings, re-listings and rookie upgrades that haven’t been taken into account.

Essendon isn’t on 34+7+2, of that I’m absolutely certain. We have 36 seniors + 3 Cat A + 2 Cat B. So it’s way off.

And I’m about 95% sure Gold Coast has the same list sizes as everyone else now. I don’t have a link so you can think what you like, but yeah.

I’d say those numbers are completely up to sh*t.

Miguel Sanchez has a thread in the draft hub about how many live picks each club has before the draft, so if you do a quick bit of maths based on that and who they eventually drafted you’d be closer.

footyfan1978

Hall of Famer
Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Or there are delistings, re-listings and rookie upgrades that haven’t been taken into account.

Essendon isn’t on 34+7+2, of that I’m absolutely certain. We have 36 seniors + 3 Cat A + 2 Cat B. So it’s way off.
They seem to have the players drafted all listed.
I might do a spreadsheet myself in next couple of days and see whether their numbers match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad