Multiplat Far Cry 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Ubisoft sparing no expense on this. Only just uploaded today, a 30minute short film of what I take as the events that happened right before the sheriff and US marshal get called in. I've just finished watching it and can confirm no spoilers, but the comments are littered with them and I don't know what will appear on your suggested videos either. So open at your own risk or just stick to opening the video from here.

That's how you make a movie based of a video game don't get how hollywood keep ******* this up.

Im firmly in the camp of hoping this social outlook (held by EG) was explored in more depth within the game. It's the most disappointing part of an excellent game. The drugs are a cop out.

Having said that, I don't know how deep you can be in a game where you fly a plane into a bear, parachute out so a skunk can piss on you.

It's very David Korseh expect it has drugs involed and violence

Ubisoft sparing no expense on this. Only just uploaded today, a 30minute short film of what I take as the events that happened right before the sheriff and US marshal get called in. I've just finished watching it and can confirm no spoilers, but the comments are littered with them and I don't know what will appear on your suggested videos either. So open at your own risk or just stick to opening the video from here.

That 30 min video has been on Amazon video for a while I think, I watched it about 4 weeks ago, was really good!!

That 30 min video has been on Amazon video for a while I think, I watched it about 4 weeks ago, was really good!!

I wonder if it was an afterthought? They did a lot of promo work with Greg Bryk so they based Joseph Seed on his likeness, but the rest of the voice cast are accomplished actors too yet their likeness wasn’t used for their characters so the film had to cast some different actors.

Either way, it’s still pretty cool!

I noticed there are 52 missions in John's section, I have only done around 30, and I thought had done a lot of the side ones. Not sure how there could be that many?

Prepper stashes and Clutch Nixon count. Also some missions have multiple stages where each one counts to the total, some won’t appear until others have been done, and each region has a hidden mission. Both John and Faith’s region have a mission that look like they are in a different region (John’s is a prepper along the border with Faith and for some reason a Clutch Nixon in Jacob’s counts towards Faith). Then a mission or two just might not appear for whatever reason. I was stuck a mission short in Faith’s region so I looked up a mission list and started cross referencing. For some reason a story mission never appeared on my map so I had to find the mission giver.

Plat finally done. * those multiplayer trophies, user created content is a great idea in theory, until you realise 99% of what people create is absolute garbage. Got lucky last night with a lobby that seemed to be full of people only voting for the featured maps so managed to get about 5 of those wins in a row.

It's a real shame they stuffed up the co-op implementation because after finally trying it out post story, it's an absolute blast. With the current progression system only allowing the host to progress it's just a missed opportunity.

The cross bow is the s**t. You see the arrow wedge in there and blood starts pissing out.
Yeah, the crossbow is kickass. Started using it after your post.

---

Currently using the normal rifle with dot sight, Magnum with dot sight, crossbow, and the LMG.

Probably not a good mix, not sure what I should really do.

The buzz for the game seems to have died off for a lot of people. Same old same old type thing. I still love it, but they should probably consider releasing the DLC's soon before people turn off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I knew if I had a break I would lose interest. That's like a lot of these sorts of AAA games though and why I powered through it in a week. Don't regret it, had lots of fun, Ubisoft did a great job but I'm done, time to move on and hang for the two DLCs I'm interested in.

Once a few more people finish it though we can probably start talking about the ending. Of course still sticking to spoiler tags but to be fair will wait for some more to catch up. I found something about the ending kind of interesting that actually had some substance when I went digging and a possible suggestion for the series' direction.

Still haven't played it but after a slow start, Assassins Creed Origins still has me hooked, so Ubisoft are in the good books.

Sent from mTalk

I knew if I had a break I would lose interest. That's like a lot of these sorts of AAA games though and why I powered through it in a week. Don't regret it, had lots of fun, Ubisoft did a great job but I'm done, time to move on and hang for the two DLCs I'm interested in.

Once a few more people finish it though we can probably start talking about the ending. Of course still sticking to spoiler tags but to be fair will wait for some more to catch up. I found something about the ending kind of interesting that actually had some substance when I went digging and a possible suggestion for the series' direction.
Is it the whole
"Fallout" type game? Post Apocalyptic world.

To be honest even though those things have been done somewhat to death, I'd be interested in a Far Cry version of the sort.

Is it the whole
"Fallout" type game? Post Apocalyptic world.

To be honest even though those things have been done somewhat to death, I'd be interested in a Far Cry version of the sort.

Pretty much. There is a fair bit to suggest the universe is connected and there are links through the main games leading back to the Jackal. I haven't looked into FC5 enough for the connection but when Longinus packs up and leaves FC4 he says something like he is going somewhere else because the Lord calls him or something like that (I'll go dig the video up again soon). That's a pretty good pointer to FC5 and the connection through the games have been arms dealers.

Definitely agree that post-apocalyptic has been done to death and there would forever be comparisons to other well done games, but I think a FC game would work in that setting. Everyone is getting a bit over the same old remote, forested setting so it would be a good excuse to change things up.

Still have half the map to discover, I’m currently powering through Jacobs region, it says I’ve done like 16/41 missions but the XP to get to Jacob is pretty close to full?

Getting time to play this has been tough but I’m still absolutely loving this even after 24 hours of gameplay. Only annoying thing is getting caught randomly and then getting plonked in the middle of nowhere.

Still have half the map to discover, I’m currently powering through Jacobs region, it says I’ve done like 16/41 missions but the XP to get to Jacob is pretty close to full?

Getting time to play this has been tough but I’m still absolutely loving this even after 24 hours of gameplay. Only annoying thing is getting caught randomly and then getting plonked in the middle of nowhere.
Probably because you've destroyed silos, saved civilians etc

I've not played since Friday due to lack of time, but still itching to play it. I am up to Faith's region. I want more guns.

Not many guns in the game, a few different skins.

Personally think the customization, weapons and character skins in this game are poor.

Not many guns in the game, a few different skins.

Personally think the customization, weapons and character skins in this game are poor.
Character skins I don't really care for, nor skins for the guns.

I guess thinking about it, there could be a lot more guns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back