Multiplat Far Cry 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah yeah, they are ******* stupid. Thankfully not too many missions with AI.

I found that my companions when I advised them to stay back would still just come flying in for no reason.

Yeah, and its not like I'm expecting them to be super awesome stealth commandos, would be all but impossible to code. I just don't get why they aren't invisible to enemies until the player breaks concealment, like TLOU and a bunch of other games.

Bizarre design choice :drunk:

companions have some kind of thing where if you tell them to stand somewhere and move too far away they come back and just go after anyone attacking

Yes, I believe the limit is 0.5m.

I'm nearly finished my third area so closing in on the end. This game is very much just Ubisoft by the numbers. It's very safe and Castillo is the least interesting antagonist since of the last 4 games. For the poo FC5 got they really fleshed out Joseph Seed and his cause really well as they did with Vaas and Pagan Min before hand. At no point have I felt invested in Nick Kyrgios (male) Dani, his back story, Libertad or Castillo. Besides the short Danny Trejo cameo not even the side stories were interesting or funny like the quirky ones of previous games. It's not a bad game, but a cheap, fun time waster, but the next game will have to be risky and do something different.

Ordered the digital version from JB for 60 bucks for when my PC is ready. If it's like any of the others except for 2 I'll probably really enjoy myself.

Me too loved FC5

FC3
FC4
FC5
Primal

My favouirites

I think im burnt out from FC after this last one would be nice if they have 3rd person option
Not a fan of all the mods on the guns, such as bullet types etc and the game just feels boring to me

Yeah wasn’t a fan of bullet types for each enemy there was no point
It is a nothing mod. Armour Piercing for every weapon IMO. Works fine and no need for the others.

Not a fan of all the mods on the guns, such as bullet types etc and the game just feels boring to me

Yeah same. And alot of the other upgrades that are tied to weapons - feels like they should be character/progression based instead.

Yeah wasn’t a fan of bullet types for each enemy there was no point

I noticed a bit of a difference very early on, but yup - once you have a decent gun its totally pointless.

Still struggling with the human companion missions lol, thank christ there aren't many of them. Just did the viviro tour/Maria mission, sneaking through the greenhouse... nek minnit Talia just starts lighting people up, ok guess we're going loud then :drunk:

How this wasn't picked up in playtesting and changed is mind boggling.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Gun Powder was meant to be a precious resource? I am about to clear the last region and have 54 of them with nothing to use them on! Supremo bond as well. Maxed out main weapons etc as I have found what I like regarding Main Gun / Sniper Rifle and Rocket Launcher. Side arm I rarely use but it is maxed anyway.

Bandido missions are easy as * and totally max you out with this stuff and you don’t even fire a bullet.

Only thing I don’t have is Moneda money cause I don’t do Co Op and on their own Lolas missions are near impossible. I did one and it took me forever trying to cool this bomb while being bombarded by enemies running through a dinosaur park only to make it to the pick up point and she wasn’t there. Never again will I do one solo. 🤣

Just finished the game.

I did enjoy it but it seemed pretty dull compared to the last 3 games. No skill tree, boring characters, unintimidating antagonist.

Where was all the wildlife? I never really felt like exploring after the first few hours. I just cruised through the game using the same rifle and same supremo the entire time.

The ending s**t me. I was hoping at some point Diego would stand up to his dad but it never happened. You just confront Castillo, he realised he had lost, shoots his kid and cuts his own throat. For real? That did surprise me but not in a good way, it just seemed very anti-climatic.

Overall it was fun but compared to Far Cry 3/4/5 it just seemed like they could have so much more.

Just finished the game.

I did enjoy it but it seemed pretty dull compared to the last 3 games. No skill tree, boring characters, unintimidating antagonist.

Where was all the wildlife? I never really felt like exploring after the first few hours. I just cruised through the game using the same rifle and same supremo the entire time.

The ending sh*t me. I was hoping at some point Diego would stand up to his dad but it never happened. You just confront Castillo, he realised he had lost, shoots his kid and cuts his own throat. For real? That did surprise me but not in a good way, it just seemed very anti-climatic.

Overall it was fun but compared to Far Cry 3/4/5 it just seemed like they could have so much more.

Completely agree re the ending.

I think it's technically the best and most refined in terms of core gameplay loop, weapons and enemy base design...but it felt like something was missing.

No skill tree was disappointing and the city areas of the game were underutilised. They were also disappointingly barren and unpopulated.

Has anyone bought the DLC collection? I haven’t yet but planning on it in a week or two. I have read that the Blood Dragon remaster isn't great. How about the Vaas DLC?

I regretfully bought it. Wanted Blood Dragon and the other stuff sounded cool. Haven't bothered with Blood Dragon but the Vaas thing was a bit disappointing. It's just an average rogue like (rogue like seems to be 2021's battle Royale).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back