Multiplat Far Cry: New Dawn

Remove this Banner Ad

Explain why plz.

It's bland, boring, much like 5. It's also what I expected it to be. The map however is nicely small enough to not feel too much like a chore. Also the new big bads are bland as all hell. No risks taken in the game, they could have released it as a DLC.

It's bland, boring, much like 5. It's also what I expected it to be. The map however is nicely small enough to not feel too much like a chore. Also the new big bads are bland as all hell. No risks taken in the game, they could have released it as a DLC.

I believe it. FC4 is the only game in the series I've played and that was bland and boring as hell after 10 hours. And some people on here say it's better than FC5.

I believe it. FC4 is the only game in the series I've played and that was bland and boring as hell after 10 hours. And some people on here say it's better than FC5.

Far Cry games have been like that for a while, needs an overhaul like the AC games have recently done.

I don't know why i keep letting Ubisoft reel me in haha They'll never hit that fresh feel like they did with Far Cry 2 and 3 if they keep up this rate of game releases. Granted, this was just a glorified DLC, but they really need to go back to the drawing board for Far Cry 6 and breathe some life into the series.
Game isn't too bad but really is a chore. Glad i only spent $1 on it (plus gave up skyrim and far cry 5)

I'm enjoying it so far. It's more Far Cry 5, which I enjoyed as well. If you thought it was going to be anything different I'm not exactly sure where you got that impression.

I like most of the new changes as well, even if it's a little leaning towards RPG now, but that is kinda where Ubi seem to be going with a lot of these series.

The world does feel quite different with the changes they've made as well, I don't feel like I quite know the areas but do like seeing old places that have been run through by the nuke.

The treasure hunts are still easily my favourite thing in this game, they offer a great little puzzle element with a minor story. Some with good throwbacks to 5 too, which works well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've only played an hour or so, but why on earth have the graphics and shooting mechanics downgraded from Farcry 5?

I've only played an hour or so, but why on earth have the graphics and shooting mechanics downgraded from Farcry 5?

Hmmm thought it was only me that thought the graphics were not as good.

Same.

Been playing AC Odyssey in 4k+HDR on the One X and the game looks amazing. Farcry uses a different engine I think because the engine they use on AC is 10x better.

Far Cry uses Dunia and AC games are on various versions of their own Anvil engine. I'm not sure if the modern incarnation of Dunia is completely Ubisoft's from the ground up but it was originally a modified version of CryEngine. That's why they are so different. They probably use stuff like ZBrush, Maya and 3DS Max to create models and animations for projects in both engines so it's not really the engine's fault, it's likely just different quality and optimisation standards for different teams/projects.

I've been enjoying it so far, about 20% in.

Collecting and looting everything actually has meaning now. They have mixed it up a bit with how the guns for hire revival works and scavenging/replaying outposts. The expeditions are fun too. Keen to see how Joseph has changed as well.

I actually enjoyed this more than FC5. Ubisoft did a good job on this to be honest.

Does it have those unavoidable BS Boss kidnapping missions like FC5?

I think Im Far Cry-ed out. I loved 3 and 4, and thought 5 was really good. Played them all a lot, and the Blood Dragon DLC aswell.

This just feels so bland. Nothing really new about it. Baddies are boring. The silent protagonist isn't helping.

The mechanics of this game only reinforce the fact it's busy work. Kill X amount to unlock Y which will allow you access to Z. This game is a like walking through Woolies with a shopping list. You're juct ticking things off; all the upgrades rely on the completion of previous upgrades.

The characters and settings of FC3 and FC4 give those games a pop this DLC has none of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back