Opinion "Far-West Footy" - GremioPower's blog

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha this is brilliant. :thumbsu:

"Why did not our win on Friday restore some of the trust on our season? We played like Premiers!"

- We certainly did! We planned a sound strategy, and the players executed it beautifully. It was perfect. Still, I cannot forget how dumb we were against Brisbane and Richmond. Besides, sustainable success is something we haven't seen yet under Hinkley. There has been no answer to the 'Riddle of the Sphinkley' (Part I/Part II). Until then, I cannot trust the team.

"How would he answer it?"

- I don't think this question has a proper answer. Quoting S.C.O.T.U.S. Justice Potter Stewart in Jacobellis v. Ohio (1964), "I know it when I see it." One can only wait and see what happens. However, I suspect that, if we win the Grand Final, I would be watching it happily in disbelief. I won't know it even when I see it...

In reverse we would have been cursing Port again letting a poor opponent score against us early having the bulk of play. At the end we’d have been annoyed at wasting early dominance to limp across the line rather than having setup for a big win. So still just as unhappy, just for different times poor.

Nicely done really enjoyed that one. Did make me think how would i have felt. Obviously overjoyed coming from behind winning a close game ;) but yeah I still would of had the 1st half in the back of my mind along the lines of "if we had given a better team that advantage at the start we would of lost"

ROUND 8

Man, my boys are something else...

haha your kids have you worked out! Love this.

It wasn’t pretty. I really wanted to show my kids an amazing Port win, but I couldn’t invite them to watch the game with me. It was that bad. To make things worse, my kids knew something was wrong. They would just look at me staring at the phone and saying, from time to time: “We are losing, right, daddy?

But that was not the worst. No! They began to enjoy my suffering! Whenever I answered “yes,” they would begin emulating the awful recorder version of “My Heart Will Go On” – the soundtrack of this video:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROUND 9

Gold Coast, First Part of the Season, Disappointment, and what to do with the Magpies. I should have written about a crazy dream I had about footy, but I will do it next time (hopefully).

Last edited:
On China, my thoughts from last season:

Part 1
"China is the biggest Pandora’s Box Port could have possibly opened. If just an insignificant part of the Chinese buys into footy, there would probably be more people playing it in China than those living in Australia. The game would never be the same again!"

Part 2
"Through sports, we may learn that finding something bigger than ourselves can make us greater than we ever thought we could be."

ROUND 10
It is never easy to end a relationship. The outcome is always sad. Still, sometimes, break-ups are necessary. How do we know if it is the case? How do we know when such a time has come?

"The Behind Posts" will be posted tomorrow.

THE BEHIND POSTS
I had forgotten about your blog. Will have a read over the weekend.
Here, another post:
- Change v. Saints;
- Koch;
- China;
- Port’s dumb footy; and
- Abblet’s “three strikes and you’re out” rule.
* Bonus: John Cleese’s “London is not English” controversy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back