List Mgmt. Farewell Ablett - Officially back to the Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started following the team in the TAC cup, i was still young so didn't really have a team. Something about finding out our first players, colours/logos ect was exciting. I didn't know of a Suns fan until i joined bigfooty, don't regret it either if that's what you were going to ask.

Nah wasn't going to ask that, at many points in a supporters life they usually regret not following someone else lol.
Nah, just generally curious is all, like I said I know of a few ex-Cat fans who followed Gaz up there and are now Suns fans, wondering if you were one or not really.

Nah wasn't going to ask that, at many points in a supporters life they usually regret not following someone else lol.
Nah, just generally curious is all, like I said I know of a few ex-Cat fans who followed Gaz up there and are now Suns fans, wondering if you were one or not really.
Interesting, haven't many any of those. Probably a good thing

He is a weird bastard and money hungry. But we will never be able to take away from the fact he is the greatest footballer of our era. And he probably played his best footy in our colours

Ablett's letter has no mention of thanking the Sun's and members for all the support over the years. The thing i respected about Prestia at least he penned a letter to the Suns members explaining his reasoning of wanting to return to Melbourne and thanked everyone. Im glad the Suns can move on now as a team without all the media attention centred around one man but it was a pleasure watching him dominate on the field in Suns colours. Farewell Gaz

Superbly happy that he's gone and that shadow is gone from our club.

I wish him well in his personal life, especially with the recent passing of his sister.

But from a club point of view, just so happy that he's gone.

Superbly happy that he's gone and that shadow is gone from our club.

I wish him well in his personal life, especially with the recent passing of his sister.

But from a club point of view, just so happy that he's gone.

+1
Perfect summary
Not one Geelong fan has thanked us for facilitating this trade which is unfortunate but again backs up the Entitlement and Welfare mentality.
Oh well. That’s just how it goes with terrible Govt policy.

+1
Perfect summary
Not one Geelong fan has thanked us for facilitating this trade which is unfortunate but again backs up the Entitlement and Welfare mentality.

Here's one
Guys .. Id like to thank the GC for doing a deal , I think its best for both clubs to get it done after recent events. I was certainly not a strong advocate for his return but sometime events happen .. all clubs can do is make the best of it.
It was tough negotiation I'm sure and no one ever thinks they have received enough or have been paid enough... The upgrade next year should be handy if you have academy kids coming thru.

+1
Perfect summary
Thank you/your club for what? We wouldnt have lost him if you didnt exist and the afl giving you a huge financial leg up we could never have compted with. Yeah thanks! :rolleyes:

Thank you/your club for what? We wouldnt have lost him if you didnt exist and the afl giving you a huge financial leg up we could never have compted with. Yeah thanks! :rolleyes:

Feel free then to go back to being the VFL then and having NRL people just giving it to you forever about getting smashed in the Footy Wars.

I reckon you are not a supporter of the sport of Australian Rules.
You are just a me me me me me me me Meow Insular Cats supporter.

+1
Perfect summary

You aren't just happy with bending us over but want us to thank you for having your way with us as well? Wow, I have no words.

Players in a similar age bracket (Hodge, Mitchell and co) have gone for a packet of chips and for good reason as there's no guarantee they'll manage to play out a full season let alone finals.

The GC is in re-build mode and have no need for his services anyway, it was in your best interest to allocate that 2018 money set aside for GAJ for younger players to entice them to remain with the GC long term.

If you take a step back and look at the set of circumstances impartially, you've realise that Geelong has done the GC a huge favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel free then to go back to being the VFL then and having NRL people just giving it to you forever about getting smashed in the Footy Wars.

I reckon you are not a supporter of the sport of Australian Rules.
You are just a me me me me me me me Meow Insular Cats supporter.
I dont give a * what some rugby supporting muppet thinks. Probably the only team in nsw qld thats not a complete drain on the comp is sydney and they were a basket case for YEARS. its been what 37 years and probably 27 of those years the swans were a drain. Brisbanes been a powerhouse on field in the early 2000s now look at them. 1 team in qld doesnt work but 2? Not in our life time will both qld teams be viable entities if they even survive that is.

Dont expect people to be happy when you have a massive salary cap advantage and you poach the goat fs of a club legend for peanuts we got in return. Yet you want US to thank YOU? Dude you got some nerve...

The only interloper states that deserves afl teams is sa and wa...hell tassie deserve 1 side yet qld deserve none and you get 2 both are which a drain on thr comp both financially and talent wise. Its only the tv rights deals that make the whole thing viable. Sure you got afl participation rates up but ive been to qld many times dude no one actually gives a * about arial ping pong there.

I dont give a **** what some rugby supporting muppet thinks. Probably the only team in nsw qld thats not a complete drain on the comp is sydney and they were a basket case for YEARS. its been what 37 years and probably 27 of those years the swans were a drain. Brisbanes been a powerhouse on field in the early 2000s now look at them. 1 team in qld doesnt work but 2? Not in our life time will both qld teams be viable entities if they even survive that is.

Dont expect people to be happy when you have a massive salary cap advantage and you poach the goat fs of a club legend for peanuts we got in return. Yet you want US to thank YOU? Dude you got some nerve...

The only interloper states that deserves afl teams is sa and wa...hell tassie deserve 1 side yet qld deserve none and you get 2 both are which a drain on thr comp both financially and talent wise. Its only the tv rights deals that make the whole thing viable. Sure you got afl participation rates up but ive been to qld many times dude no one actually gives a **** about arial ping pong there.
You’re welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back