Toast Farewell and thank you, Darren Burgess

It's official.

A key component in our Premiership success (it still sounds funny saying that), who helped us become one of the best second-half teams of all time. Let's hope he's passed on some wisdom to the rest of the high performance team.

Good luck, Burgo.

Let's hope that we find someone as good (not so much for his preseason stuff but his inseason management) and this doesn't turn out to be a sliding doors moment when we only win 3 of the next 4 flags;)

Let's hope that we find someone as good (not so much for his preseason stuff but his inseason management) and this doesn't turn out to be a sliding doors moment when we only win 3 of the next 4 flags;)
Looks like we had a succession plan - Selwyn Griffith who was our head of strength and conditioning this year.

Interestingly enough for Burgess despite his huge credentials this is the first time his side has tasted the ultimate glory.

Be derelict in our duties if we don't give Dave Misson a call...
I imagine we will at some stage over the next 4-6 weeks.

Love his last act at the club not telling May about his hamstring and getting him through the game.

Legend
If it was Mission i'm pretty sure we'd never see May again

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
The last couple of years of off field staff coming into this club, each one just seemed like another piece of the puzzle being put together. He seemed to be another important cog for the club, and I noticed when the players mentioned him they spoke well of him.

I wish him all the best.

Club has so many learnings from Burgo, write them down, keep the notebook inside a safe that's inside another safe, never EVER lose it.

Thank you so much Burgo for all you've done since arriving, fair chance we aren't premiers without you. Best of luck on your next venture, always a MFC legend. 💕

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Be derelict in our duties if we don't give Dave Misson a call...
ill-find-you-i-will-kill-you.gif

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I'm not too worried. Hawthorn Richmond Geelong etc all managed to win multiple flags without him. Obviously good at his job but he's not the only bloke on earth that can train people
I'm more not worried because he set the standard, the players know what to do and we can just do the same s**t again. Also we don't have a ******* moron 'sports scientist' ruining blokes left, right and centre anymore.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I'm more not worried because he set the standard, the players know what to do and we can just do the same sh*t again. Also we don't have a ******* moron 'sports scientist' ruining blokes left, right and centre anymore.
Pretty sure we grabbed a highly rated bloke from Brissy as well

Back