Toast Farewell and thank you, James Frawley, a premiership hero

Remove this Banner Ad

TAITA

Premium Platinum
Mar 17, 2010
A step ahead
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Congratulations to him on an outstanding career, always considered in the top echelon of his position and role, he will be missed but I think it is the right call - no doubt he could have gone around again but he's got 238 bloody good games behind him and rarely lowered his colors - sometimes you just know.

I wish him and his family well in their next endeavors and thank him for being such a wonderful servant to our club. Always Hawthorn.

Yuley95

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Behind you
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thanks Chip!

I was hoping he would play on for a season or two but i guess not. Very happy we picked him up and with what he provided over the past 6 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flamin Joe

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Glenelg, Norwood
I honestly forgot he was only there for the one Premiership, much like I was surprised he only just made it to 100 games this year. Just felt like he was around for much longer. Wow where does the time go?

All the best chip. :thumbsu:

vaughnie

Senior List
Sep 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd, Burton Albion
Thanks Chip. Gave everything you had every time you ran out on to the ground. Incredibly important member of the 2015 finals team. Enjoy your retirement.

detox

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Really disappointing to see all the negative comments regarding Frawley’s retirement on Instagram. Does being spiteful to a premiership Hawk make people feel special?

Anyway, fantastic career Chip! No Hawk will ever forget your 2015 Grand Final game! All the best in retirement.
I couldnt believe what I saw... incredible.

In hindsite, if we had have gone back to end of 2014 knowing what Chip would deliver per his Salary, you would select him again as an absolute no brainer.

Had some hairy moments with ball in hand but his kicking got better, and as a lockdown defender he did his job week in week out. Has good records against all the main forwards.

Its as if the nuffies bagging him cant remember us having Shoenmakers play full back.

Mr Meeseeks

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Outstanding at his craft and criminally under rated, particularly on this board. Im disappointed he isnt going around a gain, I thought he had it in him.

Highlight was keeping the Coleman medallist goal-less in a Grand Final win, not sure many can claim that.

Remove this Banner Ad