Toast Farewell and thank you, James Frawley, a premiership hero

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of a surprise for me. Thought he still had another season in him.

All the best Chip !

A little surprised too - as I was told about a month ago of the several retirements pending, Frawley would not be one of them - he must of changed his mind...?

Congratulations to him on an outstanding career, always considered in the top echelon of his position and role, he will be missed but I think it is the right call - no doubt he could have gone around again but he's got 238 bloody good games behind him and rarely lowered his colors - sometimes you just know.

I wish him and his family well in their next endeavors and thank him for being such a wonderful servant to our club. Always Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly forgot he was only there for the one Premiership, much like I was surprised he only just made it to 100 games this year. Just felt like he was around for much longer. Wow where does the time go?

All the best chip. :thumbsu:

Thanks Chip. Gave everything you had every time you ran out on to the ground. Incredibly important member of the 2015 finals team. Enjoy your retirement.

Really disappointing to see all the negative comments regarding Frawley’s retirement on Instagram. Does being spiteful to a premiership Hawk make people feel special?

Anyway, fantastic career Chip! No Hawk will ever forget your 2015 Grand Final game! All the best in retirement.
I couldnt believe what I saw... incredible.

In hindsite, if we had have gone back to end of 2014 knowing what Chip would deliver per his Salary, you would select him again as an absolute no brainer.

Had some hairy moments with ball in hand but his kicking got better, and as a lockdown defender he did his job week in week out. Has good records against all the main forwards.

Its as if the nuffies bagging him cant remember us having Shoenmakers play full back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back