Toast Farewell and thank you, James Frawley, a premiership hero

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully they arrange a late pick swap like Bris did for Adel on Hinge.
I know they are within their rights, but it just feels sneaky and underhanded...

I'm not entirely sure why you're annoyed. You think the club announced that he retired without him actually informing the club he had actually retired? St Kilda were entirely within their rights to try to talk him out of retirement, and the fact they succeeded doesn't mean that at the time the club announced it, he was actually retired.

Because he was quoted on the day of his "retirement" as being open to Hodge type deals.
That's not retired - that to me is a DCM.

Pardon me, but what is a DCM?
Delisted? Such and such?

On Nokia 6.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Don't Come Monday
Which, funnily, was also a segment his uncle had on Bounce.
Reading the article in the Age this morning, hearing him talk about his uncle and his Dad saying now I can barrack for St Kilda again I'm all cool with this, bit of healing going on.

Happy enough to see him at the Saints, but I’m also pleased we made a call and retired him.

The list need a renovation.

I was cleaning my work desk and surroundings today and got rid of this pic which was printed on the 2015 member pack I think.
James Frawley wasn't with HFC for the 2014 GF but I noticed just how few players are now left at the club from that succesful era.
Time for a few to make their name.

hfc gf 2014.jpg

I was cleaning my work desk and surroundings today and got rid of this pic which was printed on the 2015 member pack I think.
James Frawley wasn't with HFC for the 2014 GF but I noticed just how few players are now left at the club from that succesful era.

View attachment 1020643
I can see myself in the crowd :D

View attachment 1020643

Depending on who you read, the average AFL career length is somewhere between three and six years. So it's unsurprising that there are not many players left from the 2013-2015 era at the club. On 2014 grand final day, the Hawks' average age was 26 years and 294 days, so Hawthorn was pretty experienced and mature team. On 2015 grand final day, the Hawks' average age was 27 years and 304 days, which I think (without looking it up) is a record oldest side on average.

In most lines of work, six years doesn't feel all that long in the scheme of things, but in any professional code, let alone AFL, it's pretty much a life time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy enough to see him at the Saints, but I’m also pleased we made a call and retired him.

The list need a renovation.
Yep, Another 1/2 years of Frawley Stalls some development/oppotunity

He does have another year of decent football. I hope he finds some sucess.

Depending on who you read, the average AFL career length is somewhere between three and six years. So it's unsurprising that there are not many players left from the 2013-2015 era at the club. On 2014 grand final day, the Hawks' average age was 26 years and 294 days, so Hawthorn was pretty experienced and mature team. On 2015 grand final day, the Hawks' average age was 27 years and 304 days, which I think (without looking it up) is a record oldest side on average.

In most lines of work, six years doesn't feel all that long in the scheme of things, but in any professional code, let alone AFL, it's pretty much a life time.

From memory our 2015 team was the oldest premiership team, but Geelong's 2020 team is now the oldest GF team (so, another of our accomplishments they can't beat :p )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back