Universal Love Farewell Andrew Carrazzo - thanks for everything!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice work Luca Gonano! :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

"Carrots" a true Bluebagger

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2015-09-01/carrots-a-true-bluebagger

I have a confession to make. I took something from the MCG change rooms on April 21, 2012. It was lying next to a bin ready to be thrown out before I stuffed it in my backpack and guarded it with my life until I got home. It’s a navy blue guernsey, size M, with the No.44 on the back. It’s one of my most prized possessions.

Today, its genuine owner announced his retirement from AFL football after 14 seasons, 12 with Carlton. It brings the curtain down on the career of a true Carlton man.

Andrew Carrazzo, or “Carrots” as he’s affectionately known, is the embodiment of every Carlton supporter’s dream. A boy from the suburbs who grew up a fanatical Blues supporter and went on to vice-captain the Club. He’s a John Nicholls Medallist, dual pre-season Premiership player and a Life Member.

Carrazzo2005Image.jpg

CarrazzoBluebagger.jpg

I am really saddened by this, I know everyone's day has to come but I am finding this one hard to deal with.

For all the negative comments and how he polarised people this bloke could seriously play the game. Prepared himself in the most professional way possible and always dug in when needed. A true leader around the club and a B&F winner. I always felt good when Carrazzo was in the team and knew he was always going to give his all. Would be spoken of in the same terms as Sewell if he played in a successful team and one that can absolutely hold his head high over our past decade.

All the best wishes for the future Andrew and thanks so much for all the joy you provided me watching you during your career. You should walk away with a lot of satisfaction and a tremendous amount of pride. In life that is all any of us can ask!

To me, like many later draft picks around that time he looked like a bit of a "plodder" when he started but boy did he prove me wrong.
That he didn't make it at Geelong & kept persisting speaks volumes about the man.
Some years ago when the captaincy was up for grabs for me it was Carrots or Simmo. Still do.
Has a huge heart & got the best out of himself week in week out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Carrots

This man played with heart and gave it his all every time he went out to play. We will definitely miss him not being out there but the time has come and he is one who can hold his head high with pride. A great servant of our club, best of luck with your future endeavours mate.

On a little personl aside; a few years ago my little boy who was 8 at the time was getting really bullied at school. I met Andrew at a seconds game and got chatting about it. He has a few kids himself. He asked me what school my boy went to and we kept on talking. On Tuesday afternoon, without saying a thing, he turned up at my boy's school in his full Carlton regalia with a couple of other Blues who are still playing. He asked for my son and took him out to the footy ground and they played 2v2 (andrew was on my son's side). Needless to say, my boy never got hassled again. This was an act of kindness that was entirely unasked for or unrequested. What a guy. Sometimes we see these guys play footy and forget they share our human emotions. He changed some of the outcomes for my boy and did it because he cared and knew that he could. What a guy. Needlesss to say, my boy kicked the winning goal of the 2v2. Yeah, I hate us being s**t but I f****ng love this club.

A true Blue through and through. :thumbsu:

Gave it his all, loved the Club & played for the jumper.

Thanks Andy and all the best for where your future takes you.

Ciao!

That's the cheeky boy I love
He gives a good hug too
Seriously though he's been a good player and I'll miss his grin

Good to see he has a business to give him a focus (apart from his lovely girls)

On a little personl aside; a few years ago my little boy who was 8 at the time was getting really bullied at school. I met Andrew at a seconds game and got chatting about it. He has a few kids himself. He asked me what school my boy went to and we kept on talking. On Tuesday afternoon, without saying a thing, he turned up at my boy's school in his full Carlton regalia with a couple of other Blues who are still playing. He asked for my son and took him out to the footy ground and they played 2v2 (andrew was on my son's side). Needless to say, my boy never got hassled again. This was an act of kindness that was entirely unasked for or unrequested. What a guy. Sometimes we see these guys play footy and forget they share our human emotions. He changed some of the outcomes for my boy and did it because he cared and knew that he could. What a guy. Needlesss to say, my boy kicked the winning goal of the 2v2. Yeah, I hate us being s**t but I f****ng love this club.
Brilliant!

Well done on a great career carrots. Got the best out of yourself and in your prime couple of years were really on the verge of being an A grade player in the Comp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to Carrots. Worked his ringer off.
Lonergan killed him.
We will miss his passion.
On a positive note, I told my mates when Carrots played his first game;
"We'll never win a flag with him in the side"
A new dawn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back