Universal Love Farewell Andrew Carrazzo - thanks for everything!

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the part when he singled out the youngsters and said it's up to them to steer the club in the right direction.

Very much........and highlighting the names Cripps, Docherty, Buckley and Graham.........The guys that go beyond the call of duty.

No problem with shining a spotlight on the facts............take note a couple of others.

Carrazzo comes from a family with a long history of supporting Carlton and it was his ultimate dream to pull on the Navy Blue. So when Carlton picked him up as a rookie in 2004, it was a dream come true for him. He wasn't a sublime talent like some of his team mates. But he had guts and determination and pushed himself to the limit with what he had.

I thought i read somewhere he was related to daryl somers ... anyone know?

Well done Carrots.

Full respect for any player that can walk away having got the best out of themselves.

All the best in the next stage of your life and thanks for your efforts.

Loved the 'woooooooooo' in stantons* face after a beautiful left foot snap. Also much respect for raising triplets damn that would be hard work!
0.jpg

Underrated player.

From 2005-2011 Carrazzo made his name as one of the leagues best taggers with the ability to find the footy a feature of his game. Over the last four years he's had so many injuries and setbacks which have ruined his career. At his best he was one of Carlton's most consistent midfielders this era alongside Judd, Simpson, Scotland and co. Not the most skilled player going around, but Carrazzo was an outstanding role player who would give you 110% each time he played.

My highlight would be his game against Essendon in the 2011 Elimination Final. Played a blinder that day.

You're just being nice cause you fear our mighty awesomeness come Saturday.

Haha nothing to do with Saturday! :p

Carlton is a team who I actually like. It may have something to do with my younger brother who's a Carlton supporter who keeps dragging me to Carlton games. :D

Haha nothing to do with Saturday! :p

Carlton is a team who I actually like. It may have something to do with my younger brother who's a Carlton supporter who keeps dragging me to Carlton games. :D

Course you like us, we rented you Private School Boys space at our place for 15 years, where you ended with a lazy 8/9 of your flags.

Linda Crescent, be damned......and still to see the thank-you letter.

On a little personl aside; a few years ago my little boy who was 8 at the time was getting really bullied at school. I met Andrew at a seconds game and got chatting about it. He has a few kids himself. He asked me what school my boy went to and we kept on talking. On Tuesday afternoon, without saying a thing, he turned up at my boy's school in his full Carlton regalia with a couple of other Blues who are still playing. He asked for my son and took him out to the footy ground and they played 2v2 (andrew was on my son's side). Needless to say, my boy never got hassled again. This was an act of kindness that was entirely unasked for or unrequested. What a guy. Sometimes we see these guys play footy and forget they share our human emotions. He changed some of the outcomes for my boy and did it because he cared and knew that he could. What a guy. Needlesss to say, my boy kicked the winning goal of the 2v2. Yeah, I hate us being s**t but I f****ng love this club.

That brings a tear to the eye.

In the days of free agency and players deciding mid season to abandon ship he is the definitive clubman.

Thanks for everything Carrots

On a little personl aside; a few years ago my little boy who was 8 at the time was getting really bullied at school. I met Andrew at a seconds game and got chatting about it. He has a few kids himself. He asked me what school my boy went to and we kept on talking. On Tuesday afternoon, without saying a thing, he turned up at my boy's school in his full Carlton regalia with a couple of other Blues who are still playing. He asked for my son and took him out to the footy ground and they played 2v2 (andrew was on my son's side). Needless to say, my boy never got hassled again. This was an act of kindness that was entirely unasked for or unrequested. What a guy. Sometimes we see these guys play footy and forget they share our human emotions. He changed some of the outcomes for my boy and did it because he cared and knew that he could. What a guy. Needlesss to say, my boy kicked the winning goal of the 2v2. Yeah, I hate us being s**t but I f****ng love this club.
s**t that's a good story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy s**t!

That is outrageously good. What a champion bloke...

Who are we swiping at Harks?

You talk in riddles too often :p

No riddles I would have thought....
Menzel for instance was recruited by the club in the same draft year as Graham and after Buckley but missed on any mention.
Carrazzo couldn't have rattled off anyone and everyone but I think he was very considered in what he said and why he said what he did.

We have got some good young characters coming through ad if they're all willing to share and learn from one another, we can only be better off for it.

That is a wonderful story, thank you for sharing it

Thanks to Andy for being an absolute true blue, he worked hard and was so important to us the 2011 final against Watson, was his best, slaughtered him that day so much so Watson threw a tantrum, an underrated and often maligned but we grew to love him.

Bleeds blue, all the best Carrazzo x

Ps, pay us a few frees

Recon this guy had a really good career, wasn't gifted with pace or great disposal or anything like that but worked hard, had a great attitude and would have been a nightmare to line up against and got everything out of himself. Made himself a really good player, true professional and cut his teeth in some really tough times. Very much an old fashioned footballer who could read the play, play attacking and defensive and could handle the footy cleanly. I wonder if he'll continue to work in football outside of umpiring. Hope he succeeds in going down the same path as Jordan Bannister, good runner and understanding of the game is up there, he'd probably be pretty good at it.

Recon this guy had a really good career, wasn't gifted with pace or great disposal or anything like that but worked hard, had a great attitude and would have been a nightmare to line up against and got everything out of himself. Made himself a really good player, true professional and cut his teeth in some really tough times. Very much an old fashioned footballer who could read the play, play attacking and defensive and could handle the footy cleanly. I wonder if he'll continue to work in football outside of umpiring. Hope he succeeds in going down the same path as Jordan Bannister, good runner and understanding of the game is up there, he'd probably be pretty good at it.
actually managed to take his foot disposal from awful to fair+ ......never easy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back