Farewell Benny McGlynn

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still enjoying the fact that we all get to agree to disagree on Towers for another two years.

If Towers somehow becomes a Swan's premiership player, i will need to be banned soon after from Bigfooty for serious trolling!
You know what mate, I will very happily enjoy that, believe me , as still not happy, as we shouldn't and I hope they hurt like SOME of us !

You know what mate, I will very happily enjoy that, believe me , as still not happy, as we shouldn't and I hope they hurt like SOME of us !
I'll tell you what I like about Towers more so than his footbal thus far.
He has been been dropped that many times & come back in to try & correct what the coaches have told him are jis deficiencies. I really thought he was so unlucky to be dropped that last time after some good contributions. He never got another look in for the finals & in hindsight, Deano would have done no worse than a handfull of other players that for some reason, get away with far more insipid performances in big games. The last time Deano played in a big game was that loss to Freo against the odds in last ysars final when we had some stars absent through injury.

He was one of the players that got us off to a good start. He has something. He has some terrific attributes, he is fast , can jump, can hold a mark & can get forward for slingshot goa but he isn't blessed with much self confidence. Hell! We perservered with Jetta for so long & poor old Deano has been dropped regularly even though he has contributed significantly more in games than Jets ever did.

Oh well! He has stayed loyal when more than Mitchell or Richards, he has every right to tell us he wanted to try his luck elsewhere.
It's a sign of resilience that he has chosen to stay & perservere at trying to become a regular in our senior team.

That alone has earned some admiration from me when at the same time, Xav had me disappointed that such valuable finals experience was given to him instead of a bloke that may have made the odd error in the GF, but only because he had the ball enough times to have the opportunity to!

This isn't the Towers thread FFS, WTFDIBTTMTB!

Apologies for the abrupt response bedford. By no means meant it as a personal attack or anything mate. Just don't think a players retirement thread is the right place to bag them out. Heaps of other places to do that.

we need a bag the club thread you reckon?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we can say with certainty reading the last page of posts that the off season is here.

I think we can say with certainty reading the last page of posts that the off season is here.

Yeah better get it back on topic

Do you think benny would order scrambled, fried, poached or hard boiled eggs with his breakfast?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back