Toast Farewell Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

Brilliant player. His very brutal best was seen in an Adelaide guernsey but can’t understate how effective be good he was in the navy blue before crossing.

a champion player and leaves as one of the most likable blokes to play the game, whilst also doing very important work to stamp out racism.

we’ll miss you Eddie.

A very likeable bloke , Great player, and very humble. I really enjoyed following his career and his freaky goals. Well done Eddie you were truly a marvel to watch. A shining example of a "Gun" player ( Salute )

Last edited:

Incredible career, quite possibly the most enjoyable player to watch of modern times with his freakish goal sense & ability to put them through. Thanks for the memories Eddie.

P.S

Goal of the year against GWS a particularly special one.

Absolute ******* superstar at his peak.

It's funny because almost all of the top small forwards are hated by opposition teams but Eddie would have been the most universally loved player for a good 5 years.

From about 2009-2017 was peak Eddie

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

One could imagine a packed MCG on GF day this September the parade of retired players kicks off with their lap of honour and Eddie Betts name called over the PA system and 90000 odd people as one chanting Eddie! Eddie! Eddie!

Shame that ain't going to happen. :cry:

The only small forward better than Stephen Milne. Champion player but wasn’t he supposedly going to re-sign prior to that Port game?

Most superstar small forwards usually end up becoming gun midfielders or fading away after a few exciting seasons. Somehow Eddie managed to buck that trend and just be the absolute best for such a long period of time. Really disproves the theory that to become a superstar you need to "move into the midfield"

Awesome player and a wonderful career. One of the best small forwards the game has seen…….behind Cyril of course haha.

Just don’t understand the hate receives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a player. Will miss watching him kick absolutely impossible goals for no way and his down to earth nature. Wont miss the way he tore us a new one over and over.

Sad he's unlikely to get a proper farewell at the GF, unless they get him over for it.

I remember watching him in High School back in 2004-2006 tearing it up as part of the Three Amigos along with Chris Yarran and Jeff Garlett in Carlton and I thought "Hey! This guy is pretty good, aye" . I had a bunch of Blues supporters at school saying just how good he was. But it wasn't until he moved to the Crows that he just got that much better. Where he could kick those physics-defying goals from any ground.

Sucks that he won't get what he deserved, a proper farewell.

Hopefully whatever next he does in his life, he shows the same passion and enthusiasm that he demonstrated on the footy field.

Thank you, Eddie, for everything you have done. Wish you well on whatever comes next.

Congratulations to Eddie for being one of the greatest small forwards of all time, he was truly a pleasure to watch. I always got the impression that he enjoyed being out there playing footy with his mates, a bloke that never seemed to stop smiling.

Will we ever see such baggy shorts again?

Congratulations to Eddie for being one of the greatest small forwards of all time, he was truly a pleasure to watch. I always got the impression that he enjoyed being out there playing footy with his mates, a bloke that never seemed to stop smiling.

Will we ever see such baggy shorts again?

Probably with wrestling tights doing three vertical suplexes in a row followed by a frog-splash off the top rope.

A legend of the game and universally loved. Not many with a highlight reel like his. Hope he hangs around in some capacity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back