Toast Farewell Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

He has transcended this sport like few others. What an absolutely wonderful footballer and human being Eddie is. Would have liked to have seen him live one more time to give him a standing ovation.

So after 350 games is the consensus that he would represent SA in SOO? :tearsofjoy:

Love Betts' career story. Was a pretty good player at Carlton for a long time but never as popular as he is now. Joined the Crows at 28 for 6 seasons, kicked 300 goals and made 3 AA sides. Then as Adelaide imploded a bit he got to finish off at the Blues rather than just being delisted and disappearing into the wilderness.

His pre game highlight video will be fire.

29th on the all time goalkickers list. Not bad for a forward pocket.

Yep.

3rd on the alltime non KPF goalkickers list behind only Lethal and K.B.

Also a clear No1 on the goal assist list since records taken with 318. After him is a group all around the 250 mark a long way behind. That group is Gary jnr, Stevie J, Pendles, Selwood and Robbie Grey. A fair list in both categories.

Legit AFL superstar for 2 Clubs.

Surely one of the most loved players of the modern era. The game is much the richer having had him as a part of it.

One of the best (if not the best) small forwards to play the game and a great person too. He'll be missed for sure. I think he had a year left and hopefully he'll continue play at a non AFL level (like Stephen Milne did) because I know he really enjoys footy. It was a pleasure having him at Adelaide for those few years as well. I'll never forget the handpass to himself and boundry line goal, crazy good!

I really started to appreciate him once he left Carlton. Fortunately the goodwill built up in his time at the Crows (and perhaps me mellowing a bit about footy rivalries in general) didn’t diminish once he got back to Carlton.

Hope he stays around the game post retirement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like him or otherwise it's difficult to not appreciate the way he goes about playing footy!

All the best Eddie

So after 350 games is the consensus that he would represent SA in SOO? :tearsofjoy:

Love Betts' career story. Was a pretty good player at Carlton for a long time but never as popular as he is now. Joined the Crows at 28 for 6 seasons, kicked 300 goals and made 3 AA sides. Then as Adelaide imploded a bit he got to finish off at the Blues rather than just being delisted and disappearing into the wilderness.

His pre game highlight video will be fire.
they should shorten the game to allow adequate time for it :)

Good onya Eddie, Champion.
350 games often putting up with filthy racism and pain, he can hold his head up high and will be remembered for his humanity and integrity as much as his footy.
I hope he has a super last game 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

One of my favourite non-Richmond players. Hell, I like him more than some of our players. I hope his post-playing career is as inspirational as his playing career has been
i can just imagine him doing house chores
Pulling off some crazy moves with the washing, lawns, etc.
And the family sitting back in awe, applause ringing.

The only small forward better than Stephen Milne. Champion player but wasn’t he supposedly going to re-sign prior to that Port game?

Was leaning towards wanting to, but was pending the findings from the review.
Ultimately wasn't offered a new contract. I'd have him around for one more year under the understanding that he's likely to be a break glass type player and spend most of the year being a leader in the VFL and showing the young kids what it takes to get into the seniors.

Will go down as a Crows great, a Blues great, one of the best small forwards to play the game and one of the best Indigenous players to play the game.

Hard to believe he was just a chubby little kid taken in the pre-season draft, who couldn't read or write when he walked in the door.
Hope he stays at the club in some capacity.

Great career Eddie. Started his footy in 2005 when I was about 16, so it feels like Eddie has been playing footy ever since I can really remember. Did some great things early at Carlton and had those great years over in SA. Good memories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back