Farewell Fruity

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sad to see you go, but boy did you enjoy your stay.

14 years, 13 with the Kangaroos alongside Wayne (now that must have been fun) and then a year in Harbour Town (just to have a run with Scwhatta).

dont ever forget you are a Champion and Dual Premiership Player.

LUCKY YOU

All the very Best.

Fruity I will never forget your six goals against Geelong in tbe 1996 qualifying final and your great singing voice which I was lucky enough to hear at some of the North functions. Good luck !!!

He only got 9 games for 9 goals up here in Sydney this year but he will always be fondly remembered as one of the best small forwards of the decade.

As well I think Schwatta and Rocket both really enjoyed having their old mate around the club this year as well...

Well done Brett.

When you remember those early days in the Blue and White, I think 2 Premiership medals would have been the last thing you would have imagined.

See Ya Speedy.

I echo everybody else'e sentiments. He was a very exciting player when on song. I well remember his mark of the year in'91 at the MCG against Collingwood. I was sitting on top of the Ponsford stand and he tried to shake my hand on the way down! What a guy!
Chez, he actually kicked 7 in that game against Geelong, the most goals by a North player in a final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back