Preview Farewell games and which over 30's survive?

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope we're not pushing Goldy out. Against the right type of ruckman he's still handy. And he does more around the ground than Xerri and CCJ. Of course there's not much we can do if it's his decision, but he definitely has more to offer

Rd 23 farewell game against the Tigers for Jack. Goldy and Cunners most likely to join him for a triple farewell.

This is a replacement game for us.

View attachment 1757680

Its the end of an era.

Considering the era maybe that's not a bad thing.

Those three are the last three standing from the 2010s. Its not really on them that we've had a bleak decade or they wouldn't have made it this far.

Would like to see Goldy given 1 more year given how little of a run Xerri/CCJ have had at it. Neither fill me with a lot of confidence

Would like to see Goldy given 1 more year given how little of a run Xerri/CCJ have had at it. Neither fill me with a lot of confidence
If imagine we’d be after younger ruck ready made depth than a 35/36 year old Goldy who is now the second oldest in the league after buddy and hurn retired

Theres the usual ruck merry go round where we can get someone like Matt Flynn, Nick Bryan, Jordan Sweet etc who have the chance to grow with the team and potentially cement a ruck spot for half a dozen years plus

If imagine we’d be after younger ruck ready made depth than a 35/36 year old Goldy who is now the second oldest in the league after buddy and hurn retired

Theres the usual ruck merry go round where we can get someone like Matt Flynn, Nick Bryan, Jordan Sweet etc who have the chance to grow with the team and potentially cement a ruck spot for half a dozen years plus
I think we can keep Goldy and also look at others. Teaching/competition is not a bad thing with our depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m really ready to move on from Goldy. I know he can be good vs certain teams but I want a refresh of the club. Reset button.

Holding onto him for ‘leadership’ or whatever is a bit silly when I can’t recall him ever being in the leadership group.

I've got all bar greenwood retiring although cunners being contracted will mean its his decision so could stay

hall i wouldn't bother with a farewell game he can have a final vfl game

the other 3/4 id have 1 of them (ziebell) farewell against richmond in Melbourne and the other 2 in hobart last round
wasn’t far off
Instead of just greenwood surviving shiels also gets 1 final year which is neither here nor there

Expect both gone this time next year (with shiels going into our recruiting team in 2025)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back