Farewell Matt Lobbe

Remove this Banner Ad

A story someone at the club told me about Matthew Lobbe back in the pre-season of 2015.

There was a young kid who had been telling all his classmates at school that Matthew Lobbe "is my best mate". It got to the point that he was copping a heap of s**t at school about it for being full of s**t.
So apparently, somehow, Lobbe got wind of the situation, probably from a teacher or parent, and decided off his own back one day that he'd head out to this young kid's school.
So the kids were in class this day, and in walked Matthew Lobbe during the lesson and sat down next to the child, put his arm around him, and proclaimed in front of all the other kids that he was indeed his "best mate".

Long story short, the teasing stopped, and Matthew Lobbe is a really good egg.

A story someone at the club told me about Matthew Lobbe back in the pre-season of 2015.

There was a young kid who had been telling all his classmates at school that Matthew Lobbe "is my best mate". It got to the point that he was copping a heap of s**t at school about it for being full of s**t.
So apparently, somehow, Lobbe got wind of the situation, probably from a teacher or parent, and decided off his own back one day that he'd head out to this young kid's school.
So the kids were in class this day, and in walked Matthew Lobbe during the lesson and sat down next to the child, put his arm around him, and proclaimed in front of all the other kids that he was indeed his "best mate".

Matthew Lobbe is my best mate (please bully me for this so Matt comes to my house to play video games and drink beer)

Pick 95 is that all we get? That is an incredibly s**t trade.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Serious question, Kruzer uninjured for the entirety of next season - does Lobbe feature?
Kreuzer 1 game in 2014, 13 in 2015, 21 in both 2016 and 2017. He's always going to be a risk and even if it's just two or three games they need the Rock Lobster then they've probably done OK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was always a well-spoken leader for the club, just unfortunately had a disappointing dip in form and injury over the past few years. I genuinely hope he can find some of the ability he showed for us in our memorable 2013/14 seasons. Another win/win farewell for both parties.

All the best Lobster.

Presumably Carlton won't be paying his full salary moving forward and Port will cover some so you get partial cap relief and the Blues get a back up ruck. Cripps when asked the question cited 'confidentiality' but you'd suspect if you were offloading his entire salary he would have said that. Nevertheless some relief is better than none I guess.

Good insight. Nice and kind person. I despise any lowlifes on BF who ever called him a spud.

Presumably Carlton won't be paying his full salary moving forward and Port will cover some so you get partial cap relief and the Blues get a back up ruck. Cripps when asked the question cited 'confidentiality' but you'd suspect if you were offloading his entire salary he would have said that. Nevertheless some relief is better than none I guess.
Of course you would think that, but the reason he may have said it is confidential is as not to embarrass anyone. Also, as Demons are paying part of Watts salary it is win win for our great club.

Of course you would think that, but the reason he may have said it is confidential is as not to embarrass anyone. Also, as Demons are paying part of Watts salary it is win win for our great club.
I'm not here to pot Lobbe or Port supporters - just speculating on the mechanics of the trade.

The 'evidence' in favour of Port paying some of his future salary are:
  • I just don't think Carlton take on two years of high salary for a back-up ruckman
  • Cripps dodging the question
I still think this trade (due to cap relief) and the relief you're getting on Watts' salary are big wins and will help you down the track when it comes to Wines, et al - I just doubt that you've got the whole of Lobbe's salary off the books.

I'm not here to pot Lobbe or Port supporters - just speculating on the mechanics of the trade.

The 'evidence' in favour of Port paying some of his future salary are:
  • I just don't think Carlton take on two years of high salary for a back-up ruckman
  • Cripps dodging the question
I still think this trade (due to cap relief) and the relief you're getting on Watts' salary are big wins and will help you down the track when it comes to Wines, et al - I just doubt that you've got the whole of Lobbe's salary off the books.
Fair enough, glad you are so interested. We are doing very well, you are correct. :) At least you now have Gibbs on 4 years on megabucks. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back