Farewell Matt Suckling, and thanks for being a Bulldog

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 3, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thought a 5-year servant who was mostly best 22 over that time deserved his own farewell thread.

weltschmerz - hope you don't mind me quoting your post from the Trade / List Management thtead:

Thanks, Suckling. Loved your boot.

All the best Matt Suckling, thanks for the contribution you made to our club, and some of those goals.

:largeredcircle: :mwcirlce::largebluecircle::bulldogs:

Does this prove that there's something in the water at VUWO?
51 goals 46 behinds for Hawthorn (52.6% accuracy from scoring shots)
34 goals 44 behinds for WB (43.6%)

Same player, different outcome. The only thing that's changed is the jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If only Repeat Rookie Roarke has shown an MBoyd/Morris/JJ trajectory. I suppose there's still time to attain the captaincy or Norm Smith or toughest Bulldog in history levels! :D

A real talent, had the very rare ability to be able to kick it in such a way that only 0.0000000001% of players can - in both a positive and negative way - and sometimes in the same match....

Best of luck Matt, glad you were a Bulldog for a while !! Thanks for everything...

Thanks Matt. Probably would've been a four time Premiership player if not for some untimely injuries. I'm sure he is content with two. Thought he was pretty solid for us over the journey, this year he looked past it but was generally decent. Thought he was one of our better players in 2018 before injury struck him down.

Wonder if he tries the NFL route. He seemed a little interested in giving that a go. COVID may make that difficult now.

One of the best at "switching the play" and calling it before anyone else on the field. Enjoy retirement mate, I for one appreciate the skill set you brought to the doggies and loved it.

there was times in 2017-2018 when I felt the main reason I wanted to go to watch a game was to see Suckers kick the ball. He's right up there as one of the longest kicks ever in the AFL, a sight to behold.

Matthew Suckling may not like to gamble, but he would be handy on the punt.

Thanks for all the Metres Gained and for actually kicking the ball and taking a risk. (Rare traits for a Bulldog player)

You certainly weren't 'run of the mill' Matt.

I'll miss the sense of anticipation I got when you had the ball 55 or even 60m from goal. That ball just kept on going.....

The set shot goal from outside the boundary outside 50 at Ballarat was just enormous, closely followed by your long goal in the first 20 seconds in the 2019 final v GWS.

Onya Piglet!
I am one of your biggest fans.
You were an artist with that left boot and I loved watching you ply your trade! A player with a point of difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back