Toast Farewell to Subiaco Oval.

Remove this Banner Ad

Even a glimpse of Mora is fantastic.
I might be a tragedy,but just wonderful to watch.
Sonny without much ink.
Some bits for those who've forgotten how good Barra has been.
King Pav.

I haven't bought Stadium food for years.
Always take a sarny or something from home.
The members all around our seats in 104 bring a bloody smorgasbord and containers of tucker are passed around all game.
3 or 4 courses in Tupperware,some of it serious gourmet goo.

The members all around our seats in 104 bring a bloody smorgasbord and containers of tucker are passed around all game.
No cheese boards :p ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha ha, I know some who do that. It's quite an occasion for some. I take a few sandwiches and some basic snacks and I'm happy. For the first time in forever I bought some food, my son asked for hot chips, which he never does, so I indulged to mark the occasion. They were OK (I mean chips, how can you go wrong really), but for price ... remembered why I don't normally bother.

If my experience of other stadiums around the land is anything to go by, I don't expect food to be much cheaper (we can hope), but quality should be better as well as access/service etc., so might get me handing over the money more often.

• 86 GF seeing Subi finally get up after years of pain
  • Carr Brothers v Ice Lords
  • Brad Dodd & Dale Kickett at work in THE Derby
  • The "uniques" - Clive , Keplar , Zac , Cam
  • Dion Woods

Actually, that reminded me of another good memory at Subi pertinent to this place. It was GilG first time watching to Dockers on their home deck couple of years back. Him and quite a few BF posters gathered before hand and afterwards. Dockers gave Gil a win vs Collingwood and they let people onto the field afterwards then in the Bill Walker room after that. I've never seen a grown man so excited to be at that place, he was like a 4 y/o at Disney Land.

Mate, you nailed it! Yes, I DEFINITELY was as happy as 4-year-old at Disneyland. You and everyone else who welcomed me helped make it such a joyous occasion. I'm saving and hoping to return next year to see the new Perth Stadium in its debut year -- hopefully in June or July we'll have a home Derby, which would be my first ever one! Let's stay in touch and I'll keep you posted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back