FTA-TV Fargo

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't contributed to this thread but I must say that I was a tad disappointed overall with the second season as I had such high expectation. There was something a bit off about it compared to s1. Season 2 was perhaps a bit more subtle and nuanced, and whilst it built up nicely throughout the season, it absolutely lost me with the UFO. That was truly awful ... I know it had been hinted at, but it ruined any concept of plausibility. And thats such a shame because the penultimate episode was shaping up to be a classic.

And the less said about the finale the better, what a non event! Honestly, what happened and did we learn anything or are we any better for watching it? I might go back to rewatch the series at some point because it was still good but I can't agree that this was great like season one. There you had compelling characters like Malvo, and Molly, and Lester. In season 2 it was really only Milligan who lit up the screen. Peggy maybe.

Overall its better than most TV and I liked it, but S1 > S2 for me. And by a fair margin.

The last episode was a little underwhelming after the last 4 or 5 cracker episodes.

I loved a shaved head director (and actor) Adam Arkin's character of Hamish showing Mike Milligan his office and explaining his future career. It just added to the absurdity of what has taken place this series

Near the end with Hank explaining his symbols for a new language, made me realise how good Ted Danson has been throughout this series. He showed how good he is at his craft compared to many stereotyped roles he's been in after Cheers. But all thru the series I would look at Hank on certain angles and think of Tex Perkins. With that beard Danson looked liked a greyer version of a bearded Perkins. Its that long jaw line.

Not sure I agree with comments that The Indian was an anti hero.

Early stages I was thinking that he was headed that way, but by season's end he was by far the most evil chracter of the 10 episodes.

He killed far too many people, many innocent, in often cold and sadistic ways, to be considered anything other than an outright villain.

series 3 will be set in 2015 or there abouts.
Moses Tripoli got shot by Melvo in series one.
Season 3 is supposed to take place after season 1. Tripoli is killed by Malvo in season 1.

Yep, read the Hawley interview after the fact.

The deaf fella was still alive at the end of S1, wasn't he? I remember him being in the hospital with Molly after the blizzard firefight.

Maybe Bear's son will team up with him after he gets out of prison and form another cripple hitman team. ;)

There was something a bit off about it compared to s1.
I feel a bit the same. Don't get me wrong - I thought this season was brilliant (including the final episode) but I thought S1 felt a lot more tighter and I thought Lester played a better mouse than Ed.

I loved the UFO scene in episode 9, it didn't feel overly gratuitous to me

On the other hand, the Hanzee is Mr Tripoli reveal is way too convenient and didn't really fit imo, but I was pretty happy with the way they tied up all the other loose ends. Except for Charlie who is now stick in the same purgatory as Huell from BB and Gendry from GoT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't Charlie in prison? How is that a loose end?
Was arraigned waiting to be transferred last time we saw him. I think Bear mentioned to Simone before he offed her that he was in prison waiting to be sentenced. I just thought as the last surviving Gerhardt we'd see him again before the series finished, suppose he could show up in the next season tho

She was shot in the middle of the forest wasn't she?
We heard a shot be we never saw her get shot,so we don't know if Bear just told hold to get out of town and fired a warning shot or whether he did actually shoot her as was suspected.The final ep answered it - he did shoot her.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back