FTA-TV Fargo

Remove this Banner Ad

FX has revealed the Season 4 cast for Emmy-winning limited series Fargo, toplined by Chris Rock. Production begins this fall in Chicago for premiere on FX in 2020.

Joining Rock in the next installment are Jack Huston (Boardwalk Empire), Jason Schwartzman (Funny People), Ben Whishaw (Paddington 1 & 2), Jessie Buckley (Beast), Salvatore Esposito (Gomorrah), Andrew Bird (Baskets), Jeremie Harris (Legion), Gaetano Bruno (La porta rossa), Anji White (The Chi), Francesco Acquaroli (Dogman, Diaz – Don’t Clean Up This Blood), E’myri Crutchfield (Roots) and Amber Midthunder (Hell or High Water).

Created, written, directed and executive produced by Noah Hawley, who also serves as showrunner, the fourth installment is set in 1950 in Kansas City, Missouri

https://deadline.com/2019/07/fargo-...chwartzman-ben-whishaw-chris-rock-1202648448/

FX has revealed the Season 4 cast for Emmy-winning limited series Fargo, toplined by Chris Rock. Production begins this fall in Chicago for premiere on FX in 2020.

Joining Rock in the next installment are Jack Huston (Boardwalk Empire), Jason Schwartzman (Funny People), Ben Whishaw (Paddington 1 & 2), Jessie Buckley (Beast), Salvatore Esposito (Gomorrah), Andrew Bird (Baskets), Jeremie Harris (Legion), Gaetano Bruno (La porta rossa), Anji White (The Chi), Francesco Acquaroli (Dogman, Diaz – Don’t Clean Up This Blood), E’myri Crutchfield (Roots) and Amber Midthunder (Hell or High Water).

Created, written, directed and executive produced by Noah Hawley, who also serves as showrunner, the fourth installment is set in 1950 in Kansas City, Missouri

https://deadline.com/2019/07/fargo-...chwartzman-ben-whishaw-chris-rock-1202648448/
Jason Schwartzman will be a great addition to the Coen Brothers universe.

I never finished season 3 because I found it very difficult to get into.

I am not sure how well Chris Rock will do in a serious role, either.

I found 3 far better than 2.

Season 1 was fantastic and the best for my view, second was quite good and in that period kinda way, interesting. Season 3 was good but on reflection, it suffered from fatigue through the first two seasons (would argue there was really no point in making it). Bottom line, if any of the seasons were released as standalone if you didn't know anything about the former or subsequent seasons, it would have been a blast to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really loved season 3 - I thought the English guy was a more Coenesque villian than the others, maybe including Billy Bob in season 1 (who admittedly was phenomenal). And although I didn't rate season 2 quite as highly as the others, it was more to do with not really liking the overall plotline rather than the aliens, which for me, fit perfectly with the rest of the Coen Brothers universe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back