Farrer Football League - 2012

A discussion for the 2012 season.

My opinions on the season so far are:

- Temora have improved a s**t ton over the off season and are currently premiership favourites no matter what everyone says about The Rock.
- EWK a severely underperforming at the current period of time. The loss to Colly proves this point. I still think we'll feature heavily in finals, we just need to get our arses into gear.

Your thoughts?

smashem

Draftee
Dec 18, 2010
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
GWS
A discussion for the 2012 season.

My opinions on the season so far are:

- Temora have improved a s**t ton over the off season and are currently premiership favourites no matter what everyone says about The Rock.
- EWK a severely underperforming at the current period of time. The loss to Colly proves this point. I still think we'll feature heavily in finals, we just need to get our arses into gear.

Your thoughts?

Agree Temora have improved a heap, however 70 Points is a big gap between 1st & 2nd.

Ewk- Too many injuries & heard no one is training

North Wagga- Inconsistent

Marrar- are improving. Yet to get close to The Rock/Temora.

GeeUUess

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2011
Essendon
AFL Club
GWS
The gap between the RFL and Farrer has expanded this year.
I've been to a few of the farrer finals and the standard of play is well below that of the RFL. Then we look at the B&F count and the names at the top would struggle to be there in the RFL. Well done to Chris Block though. Hugo and Chambo wouldn't feature nearly that high in the RFL, while Jesse Margosis and Josh Campbell struggled to get a kick in school footy.

likeapuma

Debutant
Mar 22, 2008
digby
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
heywood
The orange tigers football club is seeking a senior coach for the 2013 season. The club finished 3rd in the seniors, 1st in reserves and 3rd in under 17 this season. If you would like to take charge of a exciting young club forward your details to me.

TRYC are again the team to beat. Northern Jets have been surprising and I think Temora are yet to kick it up.

EWK have started to come good with three wins on the trot and we've only played 3 good quarters of footy all year. If we can play a full game we might push Temora.

North Wagga won't win a game all season.

GitEm

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2014
NSW
AFL Club
Richmond
Temora comfortably beat Coolamon. Is this the sign of 3rd title for Temora? Anyone in this thread now days?
Marrer smacked Culcairn. Maybe the gap between these 3 leagues isn't so big?
Narrandera vs Northern Jets this Friday night, thoughts?

GeeUUess

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2011
Essendon
AFL Club
GWS
Temora comfortably beat Coolamon. Is this the sign of 3rd title for Temora? Anyone in this thread now days?
Marrer smacked Culcairn. Maybe the gap between these 3 leagues isn't so big?
Narrandera vs Northern Jets this Friday night, thoughts?
Coolamon understrength from all reports, but yes Temora shaping up as the team to beat yet again.
At full strength Narrandera should beat Jets, but whether they do or not is another story.

GitEm

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2014
NSW
AFL Club
Richmond
The gap has closed on Temora I think, most clubs have improved over the off season, will be tight at the top of the ladder, every club a genuine finals chance except CSU, CSU already have the wooden spoon locked up, I know it's only been one round but they are no good.

DEMONROO

Cancelled
Feb 7, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Dubbo Demons
The gap has closed on Temora I think, most clubs have improved over the off season, will be tight at the top of the ladder, every club a genuine finals chance except CSU, CSU already have the wooden spoon locked up, I know it's only been one round but they are no good.

My Grand Final tip:

Temora V Marrar

Nev4

Draftee
Apr 8, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just seen the ladder looks like Temora again. Anybody able to let me know whos going well there? Looks like they have a good thing going atm. Any news on the contenders?

GitEm

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2014
NSW
AFL Club
Richmond
Just seen the ladder looks like Temora again. Anybody able to let me know whos going well there? Looks like they have a good thing going atm. Any news on the contenders?
Temora very strong. Colly to be a threat after a few years on the bottom - underdog shot.. Marrer strong probably out of those 3 sides but haven't seen EWK hit full steam, north wagga a smokey, Jets sound like they are injury hit, don't think they had it anyway, The Rock are a shadow of previous years and CSU, results speak for themselves, will struggle to win a game. Still early in season tho, still time for lower teams to turn it around but they better get to it!!

HitnMiss

Debutant
Jul 29, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Interesting to see if the league will let them in. Obviously the main issue is fielding 2 teams. They would need atleast 10-15 more players to fill 2 teams. Targeting a coach like chad hamblin who will finish up at culcairn that can take a few players would be on there priority list along with getting gun will overs home from leeton.
Could hurt Leeton,Griffith & Jets who get players from there.

lovesagoal

Rookie
Feb 18, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Interesting to see if the league will let them in. Obviously the main issue is fielding 2 teams. They would need atleast 10-15 more players to fill 2 teams. Targeting a coach like chad hamblin who will finish up at culcairn that can take a few players would be on there priority list along with getting gun will overs home from leeton.
Could hurt Leeton,Griffith & Jets who get players from there.
Or a guy orton or maybe Jamie grintell would be a good get!!!!

GitEm

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2014
NSW
AFL Club
Richmond
Haven't barellan been bottom of the barrel this year in their league? Hope the find some players if they want to make an impact in the farrer football leauge. Farrer isn't the best league going around, not by a long shot, but NRFL is a step behind again.

Flag favourites 2014.
Temora - Proven Winners.
EWK - Come good second half of year, really flexed their muscle last week.
Coly - Unknown territory for them for a while, but proved they had it all year.
North Wagga and Marrer. Had a good year, but both will fall short.

Picking Temora vs EWK in the grand final. EWK to take it home.
Interesting reading in the paper that temora said their current coach (coached past two flags and possible third this year) is not required for next season??

GitEm

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2014
NSW
AFL Club
Richmond
EWK got the job done, close all day.
I personally didn't think marrar was going to win, but they did very convincingly.
Sets up a ripper next week with Temora vs Marrer, anyone's game?
Still think EWK will take out the ultimate prize.
Side note - Marc Geppert 95 goals in 14 games, this guy keeps on producing season after season. Freak.

Back